Neighbours new theme tune is Bad

2»

Comments

• Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    The new theme is like a bad joke.

But to be honest I do find it funny! I can't help laugh how terrible new song is.

Whichever person wins they are singing by far the worst song on soap in fact worst tv theme tune ever!
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    They're all crap. The best thing about Friday's Oz episode is the extended theme, don't want to hear it sung by any of these wannabees.
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    I do hope they decide not to go with this theme as it really is terrible!

They need to change it back to last one.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    it reminds me of some boot scootin', ho down, barn dance country music.....

AWFUL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure the backing track is simply for the audition stage. They'll create the new theme to suit the winner's voice and they presumably also want to keep the new version a surprise!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I think the new theme is OK, but it heavily relies on the singer being very good. I also think that backing is probably the final version.

The only one I've heard so far which sounds good is Daniel Boys from today. (The Aussie ones have been appalling in general - I've no idea how they managed to shortlist singers who don't stick to the melody or timing.)
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    The AU episodes - the big explosion episodes - have had these people screeching over the opening credits. They make our entries look musical superstars.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is DREADFUL isn't it? If they're settling with any of these as they are, I think I'll be skipping the titles in future to save the pain.

On another, the lovely Daniel Boys' voice would lend itself beautifully to the original music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Geepus..its goddamn awful, i have to mute it now :(