Katherine Jenkins dropped by record label due to "Diva Demands"

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2333070/Katherine-Jenkins-ditched-record-company-spending-1-500-day-hair-makeup.html

Interesting. I've never believed that she's as nice she tries to make out. I find her a bit insincere and false. Her voice isn't all that either.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The record execs are obviously just jellus of her stunning beauty and incomparable talent :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And this is the Daily Mail we are dealing with.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2333070/Katherine-Jenkins-ditched-record-company-spending-1-500-day-hair-makeup.html

Interesting. I've never believed that she's as nice she tries to make out. I find her a bit insincere and false. Her voice isn't all that either.

I can't stand the Welsh warbler. She has a mediocre voice suited to musicals and prances about like Renata Tebaldi.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's said she only signed up for a three album deal anyway and is moving to another label as she's completed the three albums. Whatever the truth of it, the DM don't seem to like her. Didn't Jan Moir do a trashing article about her recently ?
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member

Well, this, this and this really. I have never liked her voice, it's got a horribly strangulated sound to it, to my ears anyway.

Also, it's quite amusing that the more bleach she's poured on her hair and the more make-up she's plastered on, the worse she has looked.

Nothing special. In any department.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    She's said she only signed up for a three album deal anyway and is moving to another label as she's completed the three albums. Whatever the truth of it, the DM don't seem to like her. Didn't Jan Moir do a trashing article about her recently ?

She has a vagina. Of course the Daily Mail hate her.

Can't bear her myself tbh; far too up her own fundament.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    A career in reality TV awaits.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always preferred Hayley Westenra myself.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    There are singers that can act out and be a diva because of their voice, talent, power. Diana Ross, Mariah Carey for example. Jenkins doesn't come close.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her voice isn't all that either.

Can't comment on first (but yeah, always struck me as 'fake').

But voice? Definitely not all that. Can't say ever seen a performance of her (recorded or live) that's impressed me.

Glad to see the back of her. (Can only imagine she was wank material for a thousand rugger buggers, or just Aryan enough to satisfy some fetishists).
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »

Who doesn't good, decent, Christian, pius Jan Moir trash?

Signed,

Stephen Gateley.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a Daily Mail item - so if you believe what they say, then you'll believe that David Cameron is going to give every tax payer in the UK a rebate of £5 million each as compensation for Maggie Thatcher's dirty deeds.

The Daily Mail should get the "Best Fiction" award of 2013
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rebate of a fiver would be a start!
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    If she had stayed the same as when she started, no airs or graces and looking stunning without all that make up and over the top inappropriate dresses at almost every big occasion, she would still be admired. It is her attitudem too big for her boots and I bet the Queen will be pleased not to see her sing the National Anthem so many times in the future.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    (Can only imagine she was wank material for a thousand rugger buggers, or just Aryan enough to satisfy some fetishists).

I'm not a huge fan of Katherine Jenkins but what an utterly charming way to talk about a woman who you don't even know. :rolleyes:
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See the second photo of Ms Jenkins looking rough as a badger's a***?

That is how Ms Jenkins should have looked after running the London Marathon.

So it proves that Jan Moir has proved a point over the recent fuss on the remarks she made regarding Ms Jenkins's appearance at the finish line during the London Marathon. She looked rather 'fresh-faced' unlike her fellow female runners whom I saw the event live on tv.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    See the second photo of Ms Jenkins looking rough as a badger's a***?

That is how Ms Jenkins should have looked after running the London Marathon.

So it proves that Jan Moir has proved a point over the recent fuss on the remarks she made regarding Ms Jenkins's appearance at the finish line during the London Marathon. She looked rather 'fresh-faced' unlike her fellow female runners whom I saw the event live on tv.

I can't bear her but Moir did NOT have a point. She ran the marathon for charity - who cares whether she was in full make up or not:confused::confused:
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Perhaps more telling than all these the differences of opinion is the fact that this thread popped up in Showbiz and not Music!
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Next years UK Eurovision Song Contest entrant :D
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    :eek: Lucky that we qualify for the final automatically, then! :D
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her screeching and warbling ruined that Doctor Who episode she was in. I'm not surprised she's been dumped. It's clear she only got where she is due to her looks.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm...
    '£1,500-a-day on hair and make-up and styling is not an outrageous amount to spend on an artist, but only if they are selling lots of records. It wasn’t a motivating factor in the decision to part company, but it was a last straw.’

So, it's actually the fact that she's not selling enough CDs/MP3s that's the cause of her being dropped by her label. Even so though, £1,500 a day is an insane amount to be spending on hair and make-up a DAY. That's £10,500 a week that her grooming was amounting to. That's just absolutely and totally ridiculous! I can only imagine that she's been going to the most expensive places in town. I'm sure she could have found much less expensive places to go that would charge this. I can't believe this.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't bear her but Moir did NOT have a point. She ran the marathon for charity - who cares whether she was in full make up or not:confused::confused:
    I wouldn't take Jan Moir's word on anything. If Katherine hadn't worn makeup, Jan would have slagged her off for not making the effort or something equally shallow. Jan is just another of the Daily Mail's trolls who will say anything to stir up a reaction. I'm not a fan of Katherine but fair play to her or anyone else who completes a marathon. It takes a lot of training and discpline. I did a 5k run and found it exhausting :o
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't take Jan Moir's word on anything. If Katherine hadn't worn makeup, Jan would have slagged her off for not making the effort or something equally shallow. Jan is just another of the Daily Mail's trolls who will say anything to stir up a reaction. I'm not a fan of Katherine but fair play to her or anyone else who completes a marathon. It takes a lot of training and discpline. I did a 5k run and found it exhausting :o

Excellently put.:)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That great moment where Karma strikes for destroying an Evanescence song..