Birds of a Feather ITV Series 2.

Comments

• myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beat me to it Krazy. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Loved tonight's episode. Actually had some good writing and reminded me of the original series. Loved the ending, was good to see all 3 having fun. Hope there is a series 3. Think it deserves it, but I hope the scheduling is sorted for next year if it does return.
  • krazyladkrazylad Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Im still no further forward as to what happened to Kimberley - Garths wife from the bbc series.
    Still i love the show. The girls are brilliant together. Dor was upto her old tricks. Shes still got it. The ending was quite good. Hope theres a longer series 3. Think its time we had a Darryl cameo..
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i get the feeling plans for a third series are up in the air
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    i get the feeling plans for a third series are up in the air

As I said earlier in the thread Lesley Joseph said a few weeks ago that a third series had not yet been commissioned. They all have their fingers crossed for third series.

I hope there is a third series, this one has been v good.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing the complete Abortion ITV are making of weekends not giving them a 3rd series would be madness. If they lost Garthy and just structured the stories more (like the last 2 episodes) that would help no end.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like it, Dorien makes it for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    inland16 wrote: »
    Loved tonight's episode. Actually had some good writing and reminded me of the original series. Loved the ending, was good to see all 3 having fun. Hope there is a series 3. Think it deserves it, but I hope the scheduling is sorted for next year if it does return.

Yes. The scheduling as been shocking this year. Not sure who is to blame, but it always seemed to come up against Eastenders or another well ranked show.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this series, it is great to be able to have a good old belly laugh at a sitcom, of which thee are very few these days, hope it comes back.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that this revival of Birds is a total triumph .. It just works....this is my new weekly must see.
  • greygrey Posts: 4,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. The scheduling as been shocking this year. Not sure who is to blame, but it always seemed to come up against Eastenders or another well ranked show.

I've enjoyed the series more than I thought I would, especially after so many years without the Birds of a Feather
    I've not watched Eastenders since Angie and Den ran the pub so the scheduling didn't
    bother me
    Just replace the two boys with good actors if there is going to be another series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the series more than I thought I would, especially after so many years without the Birds of a Feather
    I've not watched Eastenders since Angie and Den ran the pub so the scheduling didn't
    bother me
    Just replace the two boys with good actors if there is going to be another series

I'd get rid of the two boys all together. :) Just the three main characters would be ideal.

The only problem going up against Eastenders is the fact that it draws viewers away from Birds, and the powers that be use the ratings to make their decisions as to whether to recommission it or not.

I hope they give it a good slot. It's really good. The last two episodes in particular. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It's been ok, quite like a new series but shan't be too bothered if they don't recomission it. At least there is the original series to fall back on :)
  • Claire_albaClaire_alba Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grey wrote: »

Like others I don't have a problem with Travis. Garthy just isnt right though but the writing for the character also has to change. The original Garthy was NOT stupid, to make him so now just doesnt make sense
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I've thoroughly enjoyed this series - yes, it's not been as strong as last year's, but it' s a damn sight funnier than other so-called comedies on the box. I still think they should lose Garth and Travis - Garth should go back to Australia to fight for Marcie and Travis could head off to university.

I really loved the ending - it says so much about the three women's friendships: they bitch, they fight and they bicker, but there's genuine love there.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I've liked this series, much better than other comedy shows i've watched.
  • Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birds series 1 is being repeated on ITV3 on Sunday nights at 10pm.

I hope they get a 3rd series....the show (and Dorien) has still got Iegs! :D
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching the old ones, they're hilarious.
    I have enjoyed this recent series though, agree about Garth. After seeing the old Garthy in the original he is nothing like this ne wone. Even Matt Willis' portrayal was better. I like Travis, he reminds me of old Garth, so keep him.
    Hope it gets a third series.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martyn1 wrote: »
    Birds series 1 is being repeated on ITV3 on Sunday nights at 10pm.

:D

I watched it last night, very funny with Dorian bankrupt, Sharon]? living in a one room council flat. The other son turns up from Australia with wife and daughter, whatever happened to them?
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I watched it last night, very funny with Dorian bankrupt, Sharon]? living in a one room council flat. The other son turns up from Australia with wife and daughter, whatever happened to them?

Personally that was the problem with series 2. The stories were just so weak it was great they dropped the Aussie GF etc but the strength of the storylines (and the new Garthy) just dragged it down.

If there was a series 3 they need to get Dorien back in her own house no more of this lodger rubbish. Axe Garthy and get Sharon back more sharp-tongued like the Original series. Getting Chris or Daryl back would help greatly
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    I've watched the last four episodes today and I thought they were great, especially the last two. I hope it comes back for a new series.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder when we will know it's fate
  • Goodboy2686Goodboy2686 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Any news on a 3rd series?
  • Goodboy2686Goodboy2686 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Do we think with the silence from ITV and the cast that there will not be a 3rd series?