Options

Buying a sim-free phone from GiffGaff

gadget_ukgadget_uk Posts: 441
Forum Member
I am thinking about buying a phone from GiffGaff sim-free. I know that I have to purchase a GiffGaff goodybay at the same time. But because the phone is unlocked would I will be able to easily cancel the goodybag within a few days and change network without any problams/charges?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless things have changed recently you can't cancel a giffgaff goodybag once purchased, however by default they only last one month anyway unless you specifically set them to auto renew.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can test it for a month OP and them move away, but you can't cancel and have a refund of that months bag.

Check other places for sim free prices too and remember GG add a loan APR to the price if you take it on credit, sometimes it is cheaper to find a better offer and put it on a 0% credit card or something, just to bear in mind. Check out HotUkDeals / Google shopping just to check and compare.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    gadget_uk wrote: »
    I am thinking about buying a phone from GiffGaff sim-free. I know that I have to purchase a GiffGaff goodybay at the same time. But because the phone is unlocked would I will be able to easily cancel the goodybag within a few days and change network without any problams/charges?
    I have a GiffGaff SIM with cash credit in a PAYG account (no GoodyBags active). I am pretty confident that, last time I looked, it would let me buy a handset (when signed into my PAYG account on the web) with NO GoodyBag requirement!