How do I transfer everything from my IPhone to my new netbook?

Last weekend my laptop died. Yesterday I got a netbook as mainly I use it to surf the net.
Anyway... I have downloed ITunes in the new netbook and what I want is to transfer music, apps, videos and pictures from my IPhone to the new ITunes. Can it be done?
Because when I try to sync, ITunes tells me that it will delete everything in my phone and transfer stuff from ITunes, which at the moment is empty, to the phone. Does it mean I will loose everything that I have now in the phone?
What can I do?
Please use easy words as I am not computer literate...

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apps are linked to your iTunes account, so provided you log in to iTunes with the same account don't worry about these.

When iTunes is closed, plug in the phone and you'll be able to see it in Explorer and get all your photos off (it appears in Windows as a camera).

Music is trickier. iTunes is, without a doubt, one of the worst pieces of software ever created due to these annoying one-way copying issues. Google "retrieve music from iphone" and you'll get a ton of little programs that should do it for you without too much hassle. I haven't tried any so I won't recommend one or another. There are lots of free ones, though.

Then, buy an external hard drive and learn about back-ups.
  • neil79neil79 Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »

Music is trickier. iTunes is, without a doubt, one of the worst pieces of software ever created due to these annoying one-way copying issues. Google "retrieve music from iphone" and you'll get a ton of little programs that should do it for you without too much hassle. I haven't tried any so I won't recommend one or another. There are lots of free ones, though.

Then, buy an external hard drive and learn about back-ups.

You don't need any additional programs to get your tunes back. All you need to do is connect your i phone to i tunes, log into account, and right click the phone in the left hand column - back up your phone. Restore purchases - restore backup. A few apps that didn't copy over I just downloaded again for no charge.

I have just done similar myself as my laptop is in for repair so have used my other computer.
    Nothing too difficult if a old geezer like me can do it :D
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Sharepod is good.