Options

Altiyan Childes - winner of OZ X Factor?

13»

Comments

• Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    zandilyn wrote: »
    Tyjet, he's hot and he's a great performer
    Wow, you have me convinced! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH I'M GLAD HE WON! :D

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Australian X Factor winner, Altiyan Childs, singing U2's Beautiful Day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVOrfutiPqM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally was wayyyyyyyy better. I didn't watch the actual show, but when it came to the final, I saw her and Altiyan were the faves so checked them out. Sally's Hurt and her version of the winner's single were both beautiful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised Sally didn't win. That girl was a phenomenal singer. Also loved Mahogany. Altiyan's alright but I don't see him having a career.
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually gutted when I found out Altiyan won. Thought he came across as a right dipstick most of the time and heard better 'rawk singas' in the pub. I was really rooting for the girls as the were easily the strongest. So yes, Sally wuz robbed imo.
  • Options
    GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    woodlands wrote: »
    Judging by his last two performances is this guy going to walk away with the title - is he a True Rock Star?

U2's Beautiful Day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIEJUAioQY

Bon Jovie's Living On A Prayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSGuOyDuHc

His voice is a bit thin and reedy when he tries to power. Not right for rock at all. Very reminiscent of Peter Brame.

Like Peter, he also tries too hard to look and "act" very much the way that he thinks is expected of rock stars.

All in all, a caricature and quite embarrassing really. The whole disappearing into a cave hype did the trick for him. Gullible people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    His voice is a bit thin and reedy when he tries to power. Not right for rock at all. Very reminiscent of Peter Brame.

Like Peter, he also tries too hard to look and "act" very much the way that he thinks is expected of rock stars.

All in all, a caricature and quite embarrassing really. The whole disappearing into a cave hype did the trick for him. Gullible people.

All you can say to diss his him is "his voice is a bit thin and reedy when he tries to power". What the heck does it require to be "right for rock"? Not all rock singers can sing like Rob Halford you know. James Labrie has similar problems when he tries to belt out big notes but it doesn't stop him from being "right for rock" ok?

FYI Altiyan was the lead singer of a rock band way before X Factor so he doesn't need to try hard to be a rock stars like you said.
    Try harder next time.
  • Options
    GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    lahtigurl wrote: »
    All you can say to diss his him is "his voice is a bit thin and reedy when he tries to power". What the heck does it require to be "right for rock"? Not all rock singers can sing like Rob Halford you know. James Labrie has similar problems when he tries to belt out big notes but it doesn't stop him from being "right for rock" ok?

FYI Altiyan was the lead singer of a rock band way before X Factor so he doesn't need to try hard to be a rock stars like you said.
    Try harder next time.

All I can say to diss his him is that "his voice is a bit thin and reedy when he tries to power"? No, believe me, I could say a lot more but I think I'll stop there.

What the heck does it require to be "right for rock"? That's like asking what does it requires to be right for soul or opera or any other genre. A voice that's right for it.

I'm not expecting all rock singers to sing like Rob Halford. I'm not expecting all of them to sing like Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers, etc, but there is a certain level of range and power required, among other vocal and performance attributes, otherwise you are just a halfway decent vocalist trying to sing rock.

My observations of James Labrie are similar.

I don't care if Childese was the lead singer of a 12 rock bands before X Factor. A rock star he is not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    All I can say to diss his him is that "his voice is a bit thin and reedy when he tries to power"? No, believe me, I could say a lot more but I think I'll stop there.

What the heck does it require to be "right for rock"? That's like asking what does it requires to be right for soul or opera or any other genre. A voice that's right for it.

I'm not expecting all rock singers to sing like Rob Halford. I'm not expecting all of them to sing like Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers, etc, but there is a certain level of range and power required, among other vocal and performance attributes, otherwise you are just a halfway decent vocalist trying to sing rock.

My observations of James Labrie are similar.

I don't care if Childese was the lead singer of a 12 rock bands before X Factor. A rock star he is not.

Could I gladly know what is your exact requirement of "a certain level of range and power"?
    This is highly amusing for me. I have been a rock fan (well, more of a metalhead) since I was a child and this is the first time someone enlightens me with this kind of definition for a true "rock star". And that person has even ditched the frontman of one of the greatest progressive metal bands in the world. That must be something.

Chris Martin and Gary Lightbody, please take note. You two should practice more to extend your vocal range and add some more power to your voices or your rock star status will be revoked soon.
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lahtigurl wrote: »
    Chris Martin and Gary Lightbody, please take note. You two should practice more to extend your vocal range and add some more power to your voices or your rock star status will be revoked soon.

You think Chris Martin and Gary Lightbody are rock singers? You think Coldplay and Snow Patrol are rock bands? That says it all really.

As for Altiyan Childes, this is the guy who had the nerve to criticise one of the show's guest performers and question then guest's right to be there. That before he had even won. Twonk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Mona Loca wrote: »
    You think Chris Martin and Gary Lightbody are rock singers? You think Coldplay and Snow Patrol are rock bands? That says it all really.

As for Altiyan Childes, this is the guy who had the nerve to criticise one of the show's guest performers and question then guest's right to be there. That before he had even won. Twonk.

who did he criticise?