Options

The only good performances were...

Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Amelia/Kelly duet
Leona Lewis

What an embarrassingly bad final. Bring back Cheryl and Simon, they'd know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    ScottleScottle Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Of course it was going to be a terrible final all the acts with star quality and who could be popstars have gone, the UK public never learns.The only good performance was Amelia/Kelly.
    It will be just as bad tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus and Gary for me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. But replace Cheryl with Dannii. :)
  • Options
    AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was absolutely blown away by Little Mix & Tulisa.
  • Options
    cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelia / Kelly

Marcus / Gary
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Dermot's dancers?
  • Options
    P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    Amelia/Kelly duet
    Leona Lewis

What an embarrassingly bad final. Bring back Cheryl and Simon, they'd know what to do.

I completely agree with your choice of best performances!
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    Amelia/Kelly duet
    Leona Lewis

What an embarrassingly bad final. Bring back Simon, he'd know what to do.

Slight change... Otherwise I agree.

The first round of songs were all rubbish, but Amelia stole it in the second round with River Deep.
    They fixed it for her to go by putting her on last.
    If she'd sang her other song 'All I Want For Christmas' in the first round, Amelia would still be there.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix 'You've Got The Love' Genuinely my favourite ever X Factor performance!
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    Slight change... Otherwise I agree.

The first round of songs were all rubbish, but Amelia stole it in the second round with River Deep.
    They fixed it for her to go by putting her on last.
    If she'd sang her other song 'All I Want For Christmas' in the first round, Amelia would still be there.:mad:

Singing that shitty song last was really unfair. It would have been better to open the lines after the first round of performances.
  • Options
    AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    As someone with no favourite but who did watch the show tonight because I was in somebody else's home and pretty much had to, my comments are:-

IMHO it was a DIRE final.

Gary Barlow let Marcus down by song choice and then compounded it by hogging the 'duet' which was just them taking turns and harmonising a bit with Gary getting the lion's share. There was no attempt to do a real duet nor to 'showcase' Marcus's range.

Little Mix's duet was them backing Tulisa.

Amelia Lily and Kelly's was the only real duet and I agree with those who said Amelia was the stronger singer.

There were far too many effects and too much choreography detracting from the singers' performances.

When JLS and One Direction went on to the cross I completely lost them in all the distractions, I didn't think the novelty worked in the first place.

We all know all 3 of the finalists tonight will get contracts and so will Misha and no doubt a couple of others.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Buble
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I COMPLETELY agree that Kelly/Amelia and Leona were the only good performances. Everything else was woeful. What a poor excuse for a talent show final.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Marcus
    -Marcus and Gary
    -Leona Lewis
    -Michael Buble
    -One Direction and JLS
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airam wrote: »
    As someone with no favourite but who did watch the show tonight because I was in somebody else's home and pretty much had to, my comments are:-

IMHO it was a DIRE final.

Gary Barlow let Marcus down by song choice and then compounded it by hogging the 'duet' which was just them taking turns and harmonising a bit with Gary getting the lion's share. There was no attempt to do a real duet nor to 'showcase' Marcus's range.

Little Mix's duet was them backing Tulisa.

Amelia Lily and Kelly's was the only real duet and I agree with those who said Amelia was the stronger singer.

There were far too many effects and too much choreography detracting from the singers' performances.

When JLS and One Direction went on to the cross I completely lost them in all the distractions, I didn't think the novelty worked in the first place.

We all know all 3 of the finalists tonight will get contracts and so will Misha and no doubt a couple of others.

Quite right... One of the worst ever finals. ... No matter how they spin it.
    Amelia was a star... But sadly the only one.