Joint Account
    Home to Roost
    are 2 I found funny at the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joint Account
    Home to Roostare 2 I found funny at the time.

Home to Roost?. I watched a couple of episodes. I'm not sure if John Thaw was being in an ironic mood when he agreed to be involved with this, and sending himself up in the process, but if he was serious, then he lost the plot, or was in need of the money. I'm surprised that Eric Chappel was listed as writer, because I liked his seventies stuff.
  • Options
    yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Home to Roost?. I watched a couple of episodes. I'm not sure if John Thaw was being in an ironic mood when he agreed to be involved with this, and sending himself up in the process, but if he was serious, then he lost the plot, or was in need of the money. I'm surprised that Eric Chappel was listed as writer, because I liked his seventies stuff.

It was OK, Eric Chappel also wrote Rising Damp, and was a co writer on Duty Free, the longest holiday ever.

Home to Roost, ran for 4 series (29 episodes), a US version You Again, was also produced, it stared Jack "Quincy" Klugman and Elizabeth Bennett (who was also in the British programme as Enid), it ran on NBC for 2 seasons (26 episodes)
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    clara28 wrote: »
    There was a sitcom on last year about a woman who splits up with her boyfriend and has to return to Coventry to live with her parents. She basically resumes her teenage life and it's all a bit depressing.

I liked it but can't remember what it was called. Also loved Pulling.

Home Time, with Emma Fryer and Kerry Godliman, I liked it, apparently it's been released on DVD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Time-DVD-Emma-Fryer/dp/B00518G7HQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333101581&sr=8-1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Bonekickers - Axed after only one short series, this show had me laughing almost all the way through :D

And a sitcom I only found a few years ago starring Whoopi Goldberg called Whoopi! Love it so much http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4uzkq8lVpw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Nightingales - really fantastic performances from Robert Lindsay, James Ellis and David Threlfall. I have both series on DVD.

Also The High Life
    Beast
    Office gossip
    Pets
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The High Life...Of course...

I should have mentioned that as well...have it on DVD...darn you Cummins for being a damn good actor and becoming a hit in the US and therefore not making season 2.:p

Oh dearie me....
  • Options
    cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    There was a sitcom on last year about a woman who splits up with her boyfriend and has to return to Coventry to live with her parents. She basically resumes her teenage life and it's all a bit depressing.

I liked it but can't remember what it was called. Also loved Pulling.

Home Time.

I loved it too, was suprised someone else had mentioned it on here because it's another one that no-one I know has even heard of!
    It's available on itunes but i'd love to see it repeated, definitely one of my favourites.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most under rated comedies even though it ran for 7 series has to be WATCHING, with the wonderful Emma Wray. Late 80,s early 90,s comedy. very rarely repeated on TV, but I have it on DVD.

Some of Emma Wrays one liners are classic
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Piglet Files.
  • Options
    Old DudeOld Dude Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    owl61uk wrote: »
    One of the most under rated comedies even though it ran for 7 series has to be WATCHING, with the wonderful Emma Wray. Late 80,s early 90,s comedy. very rarely repeated on TV, but I have it on DVD.

Some of Emma Wrays one liners are classic

I loved that programme but had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me.
  • Options
    frootysaladfrootysalad Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    The High Life...Of course...

I should have mentioned that as well...have it on DVD...darn you Cummins for being a damn good actor and becoming a hit in the US and therefore not making season 2.:p

Oh dearie me....

piff paff poff....nilllll points lol my fave by a long way :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    I believe Seinfeld also had this treatment. It's very underated in this country! I made references to it a few times, but noone knew what I was on about!

Can we add Curb Your Enthusiasm to that list? Everybody that's seen it seems to like it, but not many of my friend have heard of it or of Larry David. Saddly, even less will if it goes to Sky Atlantic (like it is expected to)...
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    Garth Marenghi's Darkplace :D
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If You See God, Tell Him

Starring Richard Briers and Adrian Edmondson, never been repeated, but I loved it.

Got the DVD a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    billyboy789billyboy789 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that one with Simon Callow and Brenda Blethyn ?

Nearest and Dearest is criminally forgotten, how about a run on ITV 3 ?

It's nearly about .....Ooo, I must get a little hand put on this watch.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was that one with Simon Callow and Brenda Blethyn ?

Chance In A Million

The complete series is available from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chance-In-Million-Complete-Series/dp/B003826E3E/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1333177527&sr=1-1
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kit Curran Radio Show, a manic sitcom about a low rent local radio station that featured the actor who played Foggy in Last of the Summer Wine.
  • Options
    FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After You've Gone
    Every BBC Three Comedy
  • Options
    AnniehaysAnniehays Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    OPERATION GOOD GUYS!!!
    the precursor to The Office but NO ONE ever mentions it. Me and my bro used to love that show.

Another, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Stressed Eric! Hehe awesome cartoon.

there are many others i've forgotten i'm sure.

Oh and for some reason i think the recent 'Come fly with me' was slated a bit, but i actually loved it and preferred it to little britain by a mile. Looking forward to the second series of that.
  • Options
    nilocniloc Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    The Piglet Files.

I agree very underrated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For my money it's Taxi, it seemed to only have a cult following but I loved it
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Dear John - 80s sitcom about a divorced man trying to put his life together by visiting a evening club for divorcees. Had some great characters.

and
    Colin's Sandwich - with Mel Smith. Can't remember what it was about, think he worked at a train station, just remember it being funny.

I wish Colin's Sandwich was on DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Take A Letter Mr Jones
    L For Lester
    It Takes A Worried Man
    Roger Doesn't Live Here, Anymore

Actually, I'll be surprised if anyone even recalls any of these, from the early 1980s.

Take A Letter Mr Jones is very good. I have it on DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always felt that The Brittas Empire was 'tolerated'. I absolutely loved it...still do.

Chance In A Million is worth a look on DVD. You can see the seeds of Mr Brittas germinating.