whats the worst excuse for a job you can think of?

candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm watching Alan Titchmarsh and Mylene Klass is making a living from talking about how women should dress. Good for her....But the world doesn't really need ANOTHER flipping person telling us how to dress....

What 'jobs' make you despair at the state of our culture?

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I'm watching Alan Titchmarsh and Mylene Klass is making a living from talking about how women should dress. Good for her....But the world doesn't really need ANOTHER flipping person telling us how to dress....

Get rid of Gok Wank and your problem is solved.

LOL are you being serious here?
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of Gok Wank and your problem is solved.

LOL are you being serious here?

Yes I am. If you dont understand the question then I can't help you.
  • Egg MonsterEgg Monster Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    All jobs must have some worth, else nobody would be paying for the job to exist in the first place. If you want to get riled up at the culture (and I'm assuming you're going after the whole TV/Celeb culture), then get angry at the viewers and followers and those who lap it up. Afterall, Myleene Klass wouldn't be paid for doing what she does if people weren't watching her programmes/reading her books/whatever else.
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All jobs must have some worth, else nobody would be paying for the job to exist in the first place. If you want to get riled up at the culture (and I'm assuming you're going after the whole TV/Celeb culture), then get angry at the viewers and followers and those who lap it up. Afterall, Myleene Klass wouldn't be paid for doing what she does if people weren't watching her programmes/reading her books/whatever else.

lol i'm aware of that. Which is what is so bizarre and sad about it.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    You could probably cut public sector jobs by half and nobody would notice the difference. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats the worst excuse for a job you can think of?

Anyone (Who was once on the tv) peddling Fat/Thin stories and workout DVD's to magazines/papers for profit.

That's just prostitution.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Yes I am. If you dont understand the question then I can't help you.

I understand the question OK but to despair? , well if someone talking about clothes on afternoon tv make you despair then lord help society if everybody followed your lead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »
    You could probably cut public sector jobs by half and nobody would notice the difference. :(

The Conservatives are doing that right now.
    The labour party created the nojob jobs for the boys in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All jobs must have some worth, else nobody would be paying for the job to exist in the first place.
    I'm not sure that's completely true. It depends whether there's a strong link between the people/organisation paying for job and the money they're spending.

Is it their money they're spending or is it coming from a seemingly bottomless pit of somebody else's money? I'm sure there are plenty of public sector jobs we could do without.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could never be a Bailiff, i dont despair but just dont know how people do it.

Oh ignore that, i misread the title, i confuse easily lately:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I could never be a Bailiff, i dont despair but just dont know how people do it.
    Oh ignore that, i misread the title, i confuse easily lately:o

I could never either, They must be heartless to be able to do a job like that:(
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A crystal healer
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member

Yes handing eveything over the the private sector has been a big success, What a laugh profits before people
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Yes handing eveything over the the private sector has been a big success, What a laugh profits before people
    Quite a few public sector jobs have no reason to exist in either the public sector or private sector. A lot aren't been handed over, they're just being canned because there wasn't and isn't any need for them.
  • Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuggers.:eek::mad:

Definitely the most unworthy excuse for a 'job' that I could think of.

Although seeing a couple of sad dudes dressed up as a giant pizza box advertising Domino's was pretty much scraping the gutter as well.:D
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I heard that Mariah Carey employs someone to fasten her shoes. That's a pretty ridiculous job, but I'd probably do it if I was paid enough :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The job of "Royal Correspondent". Talking heads rolled out to tell us how "amazing" Royal X is because they can shake hands or sample guinness on a Tuesday.

QA people. People too dangerous to be allowed to do actual work so they get promoted to write processes about stuff they don't understand for the rest of us. They hold meetings and fill your inbox with inconsequential dribble in the hope you will challenge something so they can book a meeting about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I heard that Mariah Carey employs someone to fasten her shoes. That's a pretty ridiculous job, but I'd probably do it if I was paid enough :D

Especially if she puts her shoes on first,
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Life coaches...

What a crock of shit!
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although seeing a couple of sad dudes dressed up as a giant pizza box advertising Domino's was pretty much scraping the gutter as well.:D

I can think of scraping even below the gutter: those guys holding a sign saying "Sale" and an arrow pointing you towards the sale that I almost always see at least four of when I'm in London (and usually on Oxford Street).
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    The job of "Royal Correspondent". Talking heads rolled out to tell us how "amazing" Royal X is because they can shake hands or sample guinness on a Tuesday.

QA people. People too dangerous to be allowed to do actual work so they get promoted to write processes about stuff they don't understand for the rest of us. They hold meetings and fill your inbox with inconsequential dribble in the hope you will challenge something so they can book a meeting about it.

Post of the day - well said ! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes lets cut nurses and doctors way too many of them. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought some of these "promo" people seem not to do much.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Mp's. A bunch of lazy egotistical arseholes, who seem only interested in furthering their political careers.
  • DelfordengeDelfordenge Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

those guys holding a sign saying "Sale"

They could be cut-price gigolos and rent-boys.