Holly Willoughby Puts Katie Hopkins In Her Place

Comments

• LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie is a fraud, plying her trade as the professional troll, trying to get into the same league as those Liz Jones trolling columnists.

Her problem is you know the rubbish she's going to say before she opens her mouth, what her bad cop role is going to be. The bookers know this and I expect the presenters know it well.

How long can she carry on with this line, she needs to inorder to get the gigs but when you take the line where you're story boarding a view point as if you truly believe it then at some point you'll mess it all up, like forgetting about INDIA in your argument but on a bigger scale :D
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was hilarious when she said that she doesn't like geographical names such as Brooklyn or London and Phil asked her was India not a geographical name :D

It's her kids I feel sorry for. I wish she would keep her trolling to things that don't affect them :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she put her in her place, however I'm completely with her (Holly, and Phillip & the other lady) on this.

Katie Hopkins is always contradicting herself, she doesn't like children named after places but called her daughter India. She said only stupid people played tennis (in her column) while bleating on about her daughters tennis lessons.

She's a complete fraud.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bigger question here is who thought the opinions of an irrelevant non-entity like Katie Hopkins were worth putting on TV in the first place

But the even bigger question is why the hell This Morning even did the segment in the first place ?
  • Honey84Honey84 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Katie is just doing what she did on The Apprentice, i.e. playing a role. She's not convincing, and at times even she looks like she's not believing what she's saying...

If this is the only way she can make a living then it's her children I feel sorry for to be honest.

Exactly. She has developed a persona, comes out with any old crap and gets booked to appear on things like This Morning. She probably believes about 5% of what she is saying.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Holly should have said "I just noticed Katie, that I'm considerably richer than you"

That would have shut her up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Lakeuk wrote: »
    Katie is a fraud, plying her trade as the professional troll, trying to get into the same league as those Liz Jones trolling columnists.

Her problem is you know the rubbish she's going to say before she opens her mouth, what her bad cop role is going to be. The bookers know this and I expect the presenters know it well.

How long can she carry on with this line, she needs to inorder to get the gigs but when you take the line where you're story boarding a view point as if you truly believe it then at some point you'll mess it all up, like forgetting about INDIA in your argument but on a bigger scale :D

I agree completely.
    This woman is purely a construct designed to make a few quid.
    I don't accept for a moment that she believes in the values that she espouses; how on earth could she?
    Furthermore, how does she get national airtime?
    Louis Spence and the gorgeous Samantha Prick also come into this category.
  • Mick_SwaggerMick_Swagger Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I agree completely.
    I don't accept for a moment that she believes in the values that she espouses; how on earth could she?
    Furthermore, how on earth does she get national airtime?

What has Louis Spence done? :D
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly should have said "I just noticed Katie, that I'm considerably richer than you"

That would have shut her up.

So you like to counter bigotry with bigotry?, nice logic you have mate *pats you on the back*
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Agree. A troll if there ever was one.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you like to counter bigotry with bigotry?, nice logic you have mate *pats you on the back*

I think he was referring to the catchphrase of an odious Harry Enfield comedy character. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fail :D
    Forum Member

Please don't touch me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    What has Louis Spence done? :D

Sod all, but I have spelled his name wrongly, presumably because I didn't pay sufficient attention to his great talent...............for self-promotion.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose she won't like my name.

But then again, the Katie at my school was always a hoe.
    Forum Member
    I hate the name Katie. I knew a Katie at school. She played the violin. I always had a thing for her. But she never noticed. Actually on second thought, I don't hate the name Katie. I just hate the heartbreak and melancholy it invokes.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how Hopkins feels about sharing her Christian name with Katie Price :D:D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how Hopkins feels about sharing her Christian name with Katie Price :D:D

Back of the net! Good one!

Personally, I also think that stripping off and having illicit sex up against the gate of a field while you're in the public eye is a bit chavvy but hey ho, each to their own. Clearly she sees herself as the exception to the rule.

Either that or posters are correct and she's on a wind-up.

She's going to fall into that crater she's digging, or someone's going to shove her in it, if she's not careful.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never wanted to thump someone more! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They know what they are getting when they book her. I view it less of a personal matter and more like Holly going "Your segment is now over, shut up, we're moving on".
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completely.
    Furthermore, how does she get national airtime?

It's pure panto; pro wrestling without any wrestling (mores the pity. :))

They had almost certainly worked out what they were going to say to each other before hand.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

absolutely, it's all so predictable really and it's no different to her recent "clash" with katie waissel earlier on this year on the same show.:yawn: i also remember watching liz jones "debating" in a similar fashion over "sperm stealing":rolleyes: and the setup was exactly the same with two women with opposing views on the subject.:sleep: its all feels so obviously set up, the views are extreme to point that they are largely unbelievable and these segments seem scripted.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie really is a snob.

Ironic really though. This is the woman who had sex with a married man in a field!
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman is a snob .. I feel sorry for her poor children .she is going to make them as judgemental as her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Devil's advocate, snob, whatever she doesn't like hearing the truth. In this clip she almost starts to hyper-ventilate!

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/are-women-jealous-each-others-success/