Any person here who been with someone 10 years younger offended by this Chris hatred

Tom2512Tom2512 Posts: 1,058
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lets be honest everyone here that hates Chris and Ashleigh's friendship its for no other reason than the fact he is 15 years older..

But in real life people have been with people of age gaps similar (I would estimate at least 50% of DS forum users) either in 1 nights stands or serous relationships or are just good friends

But now this seems to be getting defined as creepy for some reason

Is anyone been in a similar situation doubting there own position tonight and maybe contemplating ending a relationship or a friendship in case it is now perceived as creepy? :o

Comments

• Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it has zero effect on what I think about them, age is just a number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I don't think the age gap is creepy I think the way he says things and the content can make him look creepy. I like Chris and even I was thinking he's sounding a little creepy repeating what he says over and over.
  • bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom2512 wrote: »
    Lets be honest everyone here that hates Chris and Ashleigh's friendship its for no other reason than the fact he is 15 years older..

But in real life people have been with people of age gaps similar (I would estimate at least 50% of DS forum users) either in 1 nights stands or serous relationships or are just good friends

But now this seems to be getting defined as creepy for some reason

Is anyone been in a similar situation doubting there own position tonight and maybe contemplating ending a relationship or a friendship in case it is now perceived as creepy? :o

Michael Douglas is 25 years older than Catherine Zeta ..............Chris just doesn't fit some people's image as a suitable boyfriend for Ashleigh and so they condemn him.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the age gap is the reason. He has topped the popularity polls for most of the series, that is not the type of winner BB wants, and fans of the other housemates don't want it either. What is said on BBBOTS, especially by Willis is lapped up by some.

Others of course may well be genuinely creeped out by him, and that is why he stayed last night. Think about it, if you found him as creepy as some seem to think he is, wouldn't you vote tactically to keep him locked up in the house so that you could sleep at night?
  • Tom2512Tom2512 Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the age gap is creepy I think the way he says things and the content can make him look creepy. I like Chris and even I was thinking he's sounding a little creepy repeating what he says over and over.

He not....Remember you see Chris maybe 5-10 mins a episode talking to Asheligh...BB show the bits they want to show to keep this character of creepy Chris at the forefront

In reality they are likely chatting for hours upon hours per day about loads of stuff...I wouldn't be surprised if Ashleigh had said first "you need to meet my b/f sometime" before Chris said what he did about him tonight
    Forum Member
    He not....Remember you see Chris maybe 5-10 mins a episode talking to Asheligh...BB show the bits they want to show to keep this character of creepy Chris at the forefront

In reality they are likely chatting for hours upon hours per day about loads of stuff...I wouldn't be surprised if Ashleigh had said first "you need to meet my b/f sometime" before Chris said what he did about him tonight

It wasn't even the boyfriend comment that made him sound creepy to me. It was when he was talking to Ashleigh and wanted to be her friend forever. It just made me cringe. Like who says that. But creepy aside he's still a nice bloke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My partner of 10 years is 13 years younger than me. I may be classed as a cougar by some stupid people just as Chris is being labelled 'creepy' :o
  • Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your relationship with a younger partner is not the same as Chris & Ashleigh's.

Yours has a romantic element & involves both sides being romantically attracted to each other.

The Ashleigh & Chris relationship at most only has one side romantically attracted to the other. Even if Chris has no romantic feelings towards Ashleigh & it is a platonic friendship it's still a different situation to your own so I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    It wasn't even the boyfriend comment that made him sound creepy to me. It was when he was talking to Ashleigh and wanted to be her friend forever. It just made me cringe. Like who says that. But creepy aside he's still a nice bloke.

And we don't even know if Ashleigh started that line of conversation using those same words!
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the age difference, it's the fact that he warned Pav off her like an over protective lover. I would find it weird if one of my male friends did that
    Forum Member
    choklat wrote: »
    And we don't even know if Ashleigh started that line of conversation using those same words!

True, but what could she have said to make him say 'when we leave here im going to give you the biggest hug ever' like he hasn't or couldn't in the house and 'i want to be your friend forever' just don't see what she could have said first.

But its 10mins out of 24hrs so you never know.
  • Tom2512Tom2512 Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah but maybe he just says things different from you.. We all word stuff different

So if he had said I sure we will be friends for a very ,long time after this experience you would not have been as offended

Just words ms
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish he would be honest and admit at Ashleigh he is well horny for her instead of this silly brother/father narrative.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Michael Douglas is 25 years older than Catherine Zeta ..............Chris just doesn't fit some people's image as a suitable boyfriend for Ashleigh and so they condemn him.

I think this is closer to the mark than the age gap. Its the beauty and the beast dissonance I think. His looks are more character than handsome and she is the stereotypical sugary/virginal soft prettiness.
  • JohnShaftJohnShaft Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Your relationship with a younger partner is not the same as Chris & Ashleigh's.

Yours has a romantic element & involves both sides being romantically attracted to each other.

The Ashleigh & Chris relationship at most only has one side romantically attracted to the other. Even if Chris has no romantic feelings towards Ashleigh & it is a platonic friendship it's still a different situation to your own so I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.

I agree.

From what I have read on this forum, the age difference is a straw man argument used by Chris supporters.
    Forum Member
    Yeah but maybe he just says things different from you.. We all word stuff different

So if he had said I sure we will be friends for a very ,long time after this experience you would not have been as offended

Just words ms

I wasn't offended, I like Chris. I can just see how what he says and how he says it can sound a little creepy. Its only been twice as I can remember so I'm not sure how the names stuck to him. but they do say you always remember the bad over the good. Or the bad sticks longer something like that. Lol
  • Crocodile TearsCrocodile Tears Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves are all WAY older than Chris.
    But I doubt anyone would consider them "creepy" for "noticing" Ashleigh.
    Chris isn't conventionally handsome, so him liking Ashleigh is creepy.

Btw. I'd love to see Tom Cruise on BB. I can just imagine him saying to Pav, "You gotta stop looking at Ashleigh, man!" He'd probably try to convert her to Scientology and do an auditing session on her every time she got upset. His diary room rants would be legend. And his crazy, OTT laugh would have the whole house on edge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    havent been in a relationship with anyone more than a couple of years older or younger than myself.

still Chris and Ashleigh are adults. Nothing is going on between them. If Chris has a case of the unrequited then that is and will be harsh for him but again...its not sinister.

none of us can help how we feel about people or things in life....

all we can do is control how we react to our feelings.

i do not find Chris creepy at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    to be honest i am more concerned that he ends up being really hurt....

and crocodile tears is spot on....if the person in question was a studly magnifiscent hunk of man like a hollywood movie star (or myself) then no one would find it awks or weird or creepy.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the age difference, it's the fact that he warned Pav off her like an over protective lover. I would find it weird if one of my male friends did that

THIS is the reason Chris is thought to be creepy, nothing else. We probably wouldn't be reading anything into his hugs and words of affection towards Ashleigh if he hadn't picked on the new boy by unfairly labeling him as a gawping weirdo.
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he only turned creepy on his 33rd birthday, he's probably always been a bit creepy. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I am surprised at the level of Chris hatred. Apart from his mean treatment of Pav I haven't disliked what he has said or done. The Ashleigh friendship is just that, a strong alliance between the two housemates.
    BBBOTS has been ruthless towards Chris this last week calling him creepy. Bitter and twisted big head Steven was supported all the way by Emma and the carefully selected anti Chris panellists to run their campaign against Chris. I'm not buying it. Chris is an interesting housemate in my opinion and has, like all of the housemates many good points as well as bad.
    I don't care who wins anymore, even Helen. Once Chris has been evicted just watch them all on BBBOTS start a campaign to slate Ashleigh.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    THIS is the reason Chris is thought to be creepy, nothing else. We probably wouldn't be reading anything into his hugs and words of affection towards Ashleigh if he hadn't picked on the new boy by unfairly labeling him as a gawping weirdo.

Quite right.
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had lots of younger friends over the years (I'm 61), I have always enjoyed their friendship so cannot understand the vitriol aimed at Chris. Chris and Ashleigh are friends, pure and simple. I don't really get the 'creepy' tag either, it seems to me that it is just something people have run with. Emma and the BOTS panellists should have more sense and have a care as to how this will follow Chris when he leaves the house.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Once Chris has been evicted just watch them all on BBBOTS start a campaign to slate Ashleigh.

I can't wait. She has had too easy a ride so far.