Options

Why so much anti female rhetoric on DS?

MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've not been here long but I've noticed a fair few threads and then follow on comments with very unflattering portrayals of women. Highiest, only interested in big willys,only wanting men with big wallets etc. JK type scum because they want to be a princess on their wedding day. What the heck? why are so many men on here so bitter and downright rude towards women? they can't all have been knocked back their entire lives so I'm wondering what gives?

Comments

• Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of these men blame women, because they are unattractive. Instead of looking at their own faults, they will sooner blame others.

Basically they are sad and bitter, because they can't pull!
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Some people hate dogs, some people hate women. Those that hate women are called misogynists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of these men blame women, because they are unattractive. Instead of looking at their own faults, they will sooner blame others.

It does seem to be a bit that way. There is someone for everyone we can't all be supermodels I know I'm not, but I take offence at it being assumed I'm some gold digging JK guest who is only interested in a big willy! - and only then if it's attached to someone over 6ft (apparently).
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I've not been here long but I've noticed a fair few threads and then follow on comments with very unflattering portrayals of women. Highiest, only interested in big willys,only wanting men with big wallets etc. JK type scum because they want to be a princess on their wedding day. What the heck? why are so many men on here so bitter and downright rude towards women? they can't all have been knocked back their entire lives so I'm wondering what gives?
    And that's without the rape threads which all get turned into what women could do to prevent it, over-exaggerated emphasis on false accusations and the invention of bizarre scenarios to make it look as if ensuring consent is unrealistic, never about why men do it.

And the 'if women want to be equal, they should work on a trawler' comments, as if they can bestow equality and as if they themselves work on a trawler. No interest in contexts or history.

There is also sexism v men but much more against women, as reflected in society. Society still accepts sexism and it's entrenched by the idea of traditional gender roles.

Forums don't take it as seriously as homophobia and racism and some people try and disguise it as 'banter' (like the very hilarious 'why do women take so long in the supermarket' wit) and accuse people of not having a sense of humour, if they see through it.

I suppose that do it feel good about thinking themselves naturally superior and haven't got the strength of character to resist it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people hate dogs, some people hate women. Those that hate women are called misogynists.

If their attitude is somewhat misognistic then I guess it's no surprise they're single and not sure why they're moaning about it. If they hate women so much, why do they want one? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    And that's without the rape threads which all get turned into what women could do to prevent it or false accusations, never why men do it. And the 'if women want to be equal, they should work on a trawler' comments, as if they can bestow equality and as if they themselves work on a trawler. No interest in contexts or history.

There is also sexism v men but much more against women, as reflected in society. Society still accepts sexism and it's entrenched by the idea of traditional gender roles.

Forums don't take it as seriously as homophobia and racism and some people try and disguise it as 'banter' (like the very hilarious 'why do women take so long in the supermarket' wit) and accuse people of not having a sense of humour, if they see through it. I suppose that do it feel good about thinking themselves naturally superior and haven't got the strength of character to resist it.

Good points, they do appear to be attempting to come across as superior but they don't seem to comprehend that's the last thing they come across as with their outdated and rude opinions. How they expect to attract a mate acting like that towards them is confusing to say the least. Unless they're hoping some hottie with incredibly low self esteem bumps into them in that supermarket queue? ;-)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i think it`s just they`re louder.

it`s the creepy, sleazy ones that i find the most disturbing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it`s just they`re louder.

it`s the creepy, sleazy ones that i find the most disturbing.

I would replace louder with obnoxious :D
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    If their attitude is somewhat misognistic then I guess it's no surprise they're single and not sure why they're moaning about it. If they hate women so much, why do they want one? :confused:

I suspect SOME would see them as a trophy, to show off to their mates.

Also, a lot of it comes down to their bruised ego. Some men think with with their dicks, so if they are rejected by a woman they resort to belittling them.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some men haven't escaped from the 70s. Most have, of course.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member

Because their left hand needs a break sometimes!

In all seriousness though, I think it makes them feel better belittling others. Women are easy targets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good points, they do appear to be attempting to come across as superior but they don't seem to comprehend that's the last thing they come across as with their outdated and rude opinions. How they expect to attract a mate acting like that towards them is confusing to say the least. Unless they're hoping some hottie with incredibly low self esteem bumps into them in that supermarket queue? ;-)
    Also, I suppose, if you do not feel content with life, then the idea of having your supposed natural superiority diluted by uppity women would make some people angry.

There are a few usual suspects on DS, for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect SOME would see them as a trophy, to show off to their mates.

Also, a lot of it comes down to their bruised ego. Some men think with with their dicks, so if they are rejected by a woman they resort to belittling them.

I've had that myself in a bar. Some bloke kept hitting on me and getting in my personal space, I said no politely the first few times and then "I SAID NO THANK YOU". He called me an uptight frigid bitch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Some men haven't escaped from the 70s. Most have, of course.

I'm sure there are some great men on DS but the handful coming out with the stuff they are really do the rest of them no favours :)
    elliecat wrote: »

In all seriousness though, I think it makes them feel better belittling others. Women are easy targets.

That's so annoying as well, that we're seen as the easy target. But I guess if their opinion of women is already in the gutter than it would make sense to see us that way.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You find them on every forum but this forum seems to have a surplus. I'm sure they will talk to an actual woman one day and discover that we aren't a malevolent hive mind - merely boring old human beings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I suppose, if you do not feel content with life, then the idea of having your supposed natural superiority diluted by uppity women would make some people angry.

There are a few usual suspects on DS, for sure.

For sure, that's definitely the impression I've got. But I'll reiterate it's not all DS men I'm talking about before I'm accused of generalising :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For sure, that's definitely the impression I've got. But I'll reiterate it's not all DS men I'm talking about before I'm accused of generalising :)
    Absolutely agree. Very much in a minority. Often spotted by them using 'feminist' as a proxy for 'women' so they can get the bile out and think they've gotten away with it.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Many of those are from only one or two people, if you look at the responses they get, they are usually negative.

Like a lot of forums, you get 90% of the threads created by only a handful of people.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely agree. Very much in a minority. Often spotted by them using 'feminist' as a proxy for 'women' so they can get the bile out and think they've gotten away with it.

Indeed. I've never met people like this in real life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    You find them on every forum but this forum seems to have a surplus. I'm sure they will talk to an actual woman one day and discover that we aren't a malevolent hive mind - merely boring old human beings.

Yes, I suppose it isn't easy having a conversation with a blow up doll ;)

I noticed in a few threads the other get out was "in my personal experience" as if to justify themselves as poor hard done by souls.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they got the idea from mumsnet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Many of those are from only one or two people, if you look at the responses they get, they are usually negative.

Like a lot of forums, you get 90% of the threads created by only a handful of people.

It will be interesting to see if any of them call me a femi-nazi or such when really I'm questioning what I've seen and the need for such animosity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Indeed. I've never met people like this in real life.
    Yes, I've come across the odd sexist attitude, but not the sinister sort of stuff people try and disguise as reasonable opinion on here.
    Yes, I suppose it isn't easy having a conversation with a blow up doll ;)

I noticed in a few threads the other get out was "in my personal experience" as if to justify themselves as poor hard done by souls.
    Yes, that's a good one. It's not a prejudice, it's just an observation so can't be criticised or contradicted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they got the idea from mumsnet.

Have heard of it but never been on there so couldn't comment really.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »

Well, if you can't be better than a woman, who can you be better than? These men are misfits, can't compete with other men, so they attack women whose fault everything in the world is.
    I wouldn't let it worry you, OP. You'll soon sort out the men who are worth listening to and the ones who aren't.
This discussion has been closed.