Xbox One's official UK price falls to £299

Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
Forum Member
✭✭
While it has been possible to pick up an Xbox One for under £300 Microsoft have announced that it is officially available for £299.99. This is supposed to be a promotion for the UK only but I suspect it will stay below £300 from now on. Perhaps it will be £249 in the run up to Christmas when it will have been out 2 years?

Prices seem to have been £429, £399 Kinect becomes optional £349, £329, £299.

PlayStation 4 launched in the UK at £349.99 and has stayed at that price unless you can find it on promotion.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-13-xbox-one-uk-price-now-299-99

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/13/xbox-one-300-uk/

Comments

• deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Thats definitely a good price - shame its taken so long for the price drop to finally drop!!

I got mine for £329.99, but that also included Forza downloadable content, AC:Unity, AC:Black Flag and also GTA V so pretty good bundle all round ;-)
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will probably be a slim announced at E3 now and they are just getting rid of stock. Same thing happened when they dropped Kinect.

So will anyone that paid £430 at launch update to a slim?:D
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I bought mine for around £320 last October, came with a selection of games and another controller.

For anyone looking to jump, now is definitely time to have a go, I suspect Sony will now be looking at the pricing of their system accordingly.

Great time to be a gamer!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paid £278, including Forza Horizon 2, 6 months ago so I won't feel hard done by until the official price drops below £230.

Lots of deals much better than £299 if you're willing to shop around.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting for a ps4 slim which might have a 4 k bluray player built in... Amd pos 2.5/3tb 2.5" drives available
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    There will probably be a slim announced at E3 now and they are just getting rid of stock. Same thing happened when they dropped Kinect.

So will anyone that paid £430 at launch update to a slim?:D

I still can't believe how fast the Xbox dropped in price compared to what we paid at launch. And to answer your question, as long as my Xbox works I will not upgrade to the slim model.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't upgrade to the slimmer version, if announced. I sorta like the bulky size of the One :blush:
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I won't upgrade to the slimmer version, if announced. I sorta like the bulky size of the One :blush:

You're not alone.

At reveal I wasn't keen. But it has really grown on me.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Can't stand the ugly bulk of the xbox one, I think Stevie Wonder was in charge of design for this one :D

Wouldn't get conned into a slim version either as it cost me enough first time around (even if it is easier on the eye)

Long as it does the same thing then who gives a sh*t ;-)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    martytarty wrote: »
    Can't stand the ugly bulk of the xbox one, I think Stevie Wonder was in charge of design for this one :D

Wouldn't get conned into a slim version either as it cost me enough first time around (even if it is easier on the eye)

Long as it does the same thing then who gives a sh*t ;-)

Thanks for this Marty. I would have never had guessed that you didn't like Microsoft's console looking at your post history.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    The good thing about this this price drop is that as someone who picked up one at launch i don't feel too hard done by as mine came with Kinect and a free game. (2 if you count the Limbo give away)

Anyway, price wars are always good for us gamers. Long may it continue.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Thanks for this Marty. I would have never had guessed that you didn't like Microsoft's console looking at your post history.

Yes that's right, well done you :p - I have very little to say that's positive about it (in it's current state), sorry if that bothers you, please remember I do own the xbone but I don't feel the love for it currently. I'm sure it'll come good soon which is why I invested in it.

Peace out :)
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »

I know what you mean. I also wonder if they make it smaller it will also make it noisier.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveOooo wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a ps4 slim which might have a 4 k bluray player built in
    The PS4 is slim enough as it is. If Sony do bring out a slim version, it'll need an external power brick.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    steveOooo wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a ps4 slim which might have a 4 k bluray player built in... Amd pos 2.5/3tb 2.5" drives available

Not going to happen. Both the things you mentioned would push the price up. They are looking for per unit production efficiency to bring the price down to counter anything that MS does.

Look for a £250 PS4 later this year. Same specs, cheaper to make console.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Not going to happen. Both the things you mentioned would push the price up. They are looking for per unit production efficiency to bring the price down to counter anything that MS does.

Look for a £250 PS4 later this year. Same specs, cheaper to make console.

Why would they do that, if people are still going to buy it at the price it is now, very unlikely Sony will reduce the cost that much...maybe £299 if lucky, though the Xbox could well be £249 by Christmas.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid £329 for mine with the Halo Collection so definately don't feel hard done by :)

Just need to use it more though..........