ED Rachel.

Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Im wondering whether her being a stroppy mare is leading up to her departure. In her return interview it was implied she was only back temporaily. I didnt like the fact she set Belle up. That was nasty. I know she has been treated badly, but Belle is still fragile. What do u think?

Comments

• KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how all the soaps bring back a character who has had a huge personality change...I liked Rachel better first time around.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, I think she is here to stay.:(
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated this character the first time she was in it and hate her even more this time round.
    She's always been a nasty, cheating, using little bitch but not in an entertaining kind of way like a good soap bitch and the actress has a very drab screen presence.
    I'm sad to say i found it very off-putting when Gemma Oaten said she thinks Rachel and Sam are a 'very special couple'. :blush:
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    I hate how all the soaps bring back a character who has had a huge personality change...I liked Rachel better first time around.

I blame Skank Charity.>:(

Couldn't care less about Sam, though..Rachel would be better off without him.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't care about Sam, though..Rachel would be better off without him.

That gruby skank is hardly a catch.
    She should leave Sam and go and find a man in Australia. And she can take awful Ali with her!:p
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame Skank Charity.>:(

Couldn't care less about Sam, though..Rachel would be better off without him.

LOL, don't blame Charity. Rachel slept with Charity's husband and got pregnant by him. Rachel should have been aware of the consequences of crossing the HBIC, so Rachel has no one to blame but herself.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated this character the first time she was in it and hate her even more this time round.
    She's always been a nasty, cheating, using little bitch but not in an entertaining kind of way like a good soap bitch and the actress has a very drab screen presence.
    I'm sad to say i found it very off-putting when Gemma Oaten said she thinks Rachel and Sam are a 'very special couple'. :blush:
    I was pleased when she was axed, and completely mystified when they brought her back. I hope this is just a short visit and that she leaves soon, with the rest of the Spencers.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bringing her back to give Charity her comeuppance was a good idea, as was having her wipe the self-satisfied smirk off Jai's face with the fake Archie revelation. After that though she should've disappeared back off into the sunset, never to be mentioned again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pleased when she was axed, and completely mystified when they brought her back. I hope this is just a short visit and that she leaves soon, with the rest of the Spencers.
    She's being made even more unlikeable, which, on past Emmerdale form, means she'll probably be killed off as it was reported she was going to be last time but she got a reprieve. I hope so. Fairly sure her stay won't be long. Emmerdale prides itself on excellent cast harmony. KO probably doesn't care about that but I would think her bosses do.
  • SoapyMcSoapSoapyMcSoap Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Bringing her back to give Charity her comeuppance was a good idea, as was having her wipe the self-satisfied smirk off Jai's face with the fake Archie revelation. After that though she should've disappeared back off into the sunset, never to be mentioned again.

I agree, I thought it was good when she reappeared at the time of Charity's trial, but i thought she would leave again shortly after.
    I never liked her, and like her even less now. I was so glad when she and that jacket she seemed to permanently wear, were forced to leave, by Charity.
    She and Ali should both go to a new life, far far away...
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh this storyline confuses me :confused:

Charity did a really despicable number on Rachel but everyone seems to have forgotten about that. The Dingles were originally disgusted when they found out what she had done but now they are all 'Team Charity' and are treating Rachel like she's dirt - it's like they have all forgotten what Rachel was put through and I don't get it.

I also don't get why Rachel is now a right pain in the backside, I can't remember her being like that before. And that thing with the pills was just bizarre :confused:

Is this leading somewhere? Anywhere? :confused:
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    dont like any of the spencer family and i cannot stand belle either
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what the point in bringing her back was. She's come back with a huge chip on her shoulder which might make her more interesting to watch but it feels forced. Her and Sam don't work either. He worked better with Tracy who injected a bit of life into him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I agree
    What she did to belle was horrible, hope Lisa slaps her one
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's vile. She makes Dobbie look like Mother Teresa 😃
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked her the first time around. Don't think she contributes much to the story line now. SB is trying to make her unlikeable, but is only making her boring.
  • pollysue1939pollysue1939 Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel is not a bad person, unlike the hypocritical Dingles. She went away to save Sam from going to prison and only came back because the police found her and persuaded her to testify. Instead of being welcomed back, she has had abuse from all sides with even her own sister believing the lies that were told about her. If you watched when she left the pill out, she hesitated and was about to put it back when Belle came in. She should leave and find a life with decent people. She has proved that she can survive on her own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I liked her the first time around. Don't think she contributes much to the story line now. SB is trying to make her unlikeable, but is only making her boring.
    I'm sure he's contributing, being a 'consultant' ;) , but I think it was KO that sacked her last time. She won't be back for long I hope. She's a nasty piece of work - but all the new females are.
  • pollysue1939pollysue1939 Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    I'm sure he's contributing, being a 'consultant' ;) , but I think it was KO that sacked her last time. She won't be back for long I hope. She's a nasty piece of work - but all the new females are.

I thought she was asked to leave before her contract was up as they needed to develop the Charity/Declan fire story line. She was always going to come back. And in my opinion she was one of the only nice people in it.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »

I agree, when she first came back to testify against Charity and catch Jai out with the fake Archie stuff, she seemed stronger and independent, not taking any nonsense of anyone, no matter who it is. Now, her bitterness against Charity is making her petty. Belle hadn't done anything wrong to her, yes she may have scared Samson while she was undergoing her relapse at the farm, but she was trying to make amends for that and Rachel was making sniping comments at her before Belle had even left the psychiatric center. Ok, fair enough, she was worried about Samson and Archie, but there was no need for the dig about leaving the welcome home banner up for when she next has to go away for treatment. And now utilizing Belle's illness to drive a wedge between Sam and his family.
    Rachel is not a bad person, unlike the hypocritical Dingles. She went away to save Sam from going to prison and only came back because the police found her and persuaded her to testify. Instead of being welcomed back, she has had abuse from all sides with even her own sister believing the lies that were told about her. If you watched when she left the pill out, she hesitated and was about to put it back when Belle came in. She should leave and find a life with decent people. She has proved that she can survive on her own.

I agree with everything about going away to save Sam from prison, but I don't think there's any excuse for her manipulating Sam by using Belle's illness. Even when Belle had walked in, she could have slyly have put the pills back where she found them, she didn't have to go through with it all. And to be fair, I hate Ali as a character, but she was being fed the lies from Jai about her being in rehab and that he somehow got Archie back from her. Rachel had had no contact with anyone in her family and she was depending on herself to get by, for all Ali knew, she could have fallen into addiction.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Gemma decide to leave and then get asked to go back for trial? I remember reading that that had happened just after she had got settled in London. If that's all true, I assume she's not staying?
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I'm equally baffled as to why Rachel's been suddenly transformed into a devious bitch, it makes no sense at all. She's back. she's got Sam from Tracey, Charity's banged up, she's got everything she wants.

It feels like she can't possibly be staying. Maybe they really just brought her back for the trial and the big Archie reveal and are now writing her as a cow to give her a reason to leave again.

There's another thread with a rumour that the whole Spencer family are leaving, so maybe she'll go then, if it's true.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm equally baffled as to why Rachel's been suddenly transformed into a devious bitch, it makes no sense at all. She's back. she's got Sam from Tracey, Charity's banged up, she's got everything she wants.

It feels like she can't possibly be staying. Maybe they really just brought her back for the trial and the big Archie reveal and are now writing her as a cow to give her a reason to leave again.

There's another thread with a rumour that the whole Spencer family are leaving, so maybe she'll go then, if it's true.

To me Rachel isn't acting any different to how she was introduced. Granted she's apparently more clever than I gave her credit for, but she's always been a user who is out for herself. The handouts she's had off of Jai all because she had his child. It's a good job I hate him too. :D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pleeaase let it be true !!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    samcains90 wrote: »
    To me Rachel isn't acting any different to how she was introduced. Granted she's apparently more clever than I gave her credit for, but she's always been a user who is out for herself. The handouts she's had off of Jai all because she had his child. It's a good job I hate him too. :D

Hey hey hey! He got her up the duff. He's 50% responsible for the Mini Beatle. He can pay and keep paying, as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

Specially as he's not likely to find anyone else who actually wants to mate with him enough to make more bebbies. :kitty: ;-)