Options

CS don't feel bad for Liz at all

Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else really hoping Tony takes the pub from right under her feet, shes such a hateful woman she deserves it.

Comments

• Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    She does. Truly vile individual.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but if Tony gets the pub, the even more vile Tracy will be behind the bar":D
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I feel bad for poor Steve :( having to sell his half and lose it all. Tracy is filth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but if Tony gets the pub, the even more vile Tracy will be behind the bar":D

rather her than Liz:D
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Liz. I think she is brilliant behind the bar. I do not think Tracey would work at the Rovers, even though I like the character. I just cannot see her doing well behind the bar.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy for Granny McMutton. One minute she's all over Tony and pulling out all the stops to keep his (unlikely) interest in her, the next she's treating him like nothing more than the family meal ticket/bartender/odd job man.

I'd love to see Nightmare-on-Coronation-Street-TracyLuv shaking things up as landlady of the Rovers.:D Soon as she's somehow wangled to get her name over the door, (nebulous tax reasons?) poor gullible and led-by-the-d*ck Tony will be history. :D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, if TracyLuv takes over the Rovers, where will Steve, Michelle and Granny McMutton live? :o What happened to Michelle's poky little flat after she moved into the Rovers? :confused:

Could Steve use the money he gets from the sale of his share of the Rovers to buy TracyLuv's share of Bargain Buys? Does that have a flat above it?

So many questions, so few answers. :(
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Yes, I actually do. Liz is in desperate need of a comedown.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz was once great.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz has been foul since her return. So no, I don't really feel sorry for her.
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not a big fan of liz, but i'd rather it be her feet under the table rather than that skank tracy
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This new state of affairs brought about by crap SLing will not last long. Once Tracy has gone to war with Liz and Michelle in the Rovers enough times, she'll be out. Liz and Michelle will then regain their crowns as queens of the Rovers because they are fiesty Corrie women and Tracy isn't!
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    No I don't feel at all sorry for Granny Mac - I'm looking forward to seeing the rug pulled from under her. Just hope it renders her speechless as I dread to think what finding out about Tony and Tracey will do to her already horrendous voice :(:D
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Self absorbed, bullying, screeching harridan!!! I would love to see her out of the pub!! However, I would far rather see her, Tony and foul Tracy splattered by a falling tram, speeding minibus, stray flying saucer... anything!!!! Just GET RID!!!!!!!

I would actually be ok with Steve & Michelle running the pub if Liz was out of the way, even though I aren't theworld's biggest Michelle fan, she's far preferrable to Liz or Tracy Imo!!
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    No I don't feel sorry for Liz - but if Tracy does take over ( which I don't think she will) but imagine the customers they'd lose with Tracy behind the bar and if it comes out how tony obtained the funds!
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz just hasn't been a likeable presence since her return- she was once a great character. The writing for her throughout Steve's depression has done nothing to redeem the character and, if anything, has helped ruin her. The audience should be rooting for Liz right now as she's been cheated on but given how sanctimonious she's been of late, it's very hard to sympathise.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How will the living arrangements work if Tracey buys Steve's half? She will want to move in. So that will leave Liz (until Tony tells her he's shagging Tracy!), Steve and Michelle homeless.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like Tony but Liz treats him like a slave..she completely deserves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz just hasn't been a likeable presence since her return- she was once a great character. The writing for her throughout Steve's depression has done nothing to redeem the character and, if anything, has helped ruin her. The audience should be rooting for Liz right now as she's been cheated on but given how sanctimonious she's been of late, it's very hard to sympathise.

Did she even care that Steave ha depression? I cant even remember her batting an eye lid.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care for Liz much. But the thought of Tracy lording it up in the pub is more than I can bear. Especially at the expense of Steve, whom I adore, despite his obvious failings.
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling that Tony's going to feel a twinge of conscience and back out of the arrangement at the last minute, as he finally realises that Tracy's pure evil through and through. One Tracy definitely does not equal one Liz, one Michelle and one Steve.

Tracy would only need to be behind the bar for a few days before the pub emptied completely, and then where would she be? Her motivation is to get one back on all those who have looked down on her, but they've only done that because she's such an unpleasant person with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever!

I don't have a problem with Liz; all this about her not supporting Steve through his recent mental illness is a little unfair, since until he was officially diagnosed, nobody knew why he was behaving as he was.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked having the McDonald's as landlords. I love Steve but he has never suited being behind the bar so I hope there is a change. Have Steve full time in the cab office and Liz can stay as a bar worker I suppose
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling Tony is duping Tracey too. But I could be wrong.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the early 90s ep where Liz loses her baby on YouTube the other week and it was like watching a totally different character. Can't stand her these days. Caricature.

But Tracy isn't likeable either. The worst day's work Steve Frost ever did was turn her into a psychopathic killer. They took the character too far in having her premeditate and then carry out a cold blooded murder with no motive (cheating isn't a motive). I don't know what Frost was thinking. She was a nasty character before but a lot of it was played for laughs and she did have some nice moments with Deirdre and Blanche.

The character can't recover from that - she served a pathetically low sentence and hasn't even accepted that what she did was wrong. This is why the Barlows are going to be in such a mess without Deirdre. Ken won't be around forever and Tracy isn't the sort of character who can carry the family through to future generations. She's been written in a one-dimensional way for far too long to ever evolve into a serious character. If she'd come out of prison accepting what she'd done, showing remorse, and trying to be a better person, understanding of the fact she'd been extremely lucky to get a reprieve, then things might've been different.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really miss 90s Liz. She had more depth and seemed softer than she is now. She was feisty then but in moderation. Now she sounds aggressive when she's saying everyday things!