Faulty PS4 fix

2»

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think EA need to look at themselves for rushing games out. I think CQ is broken on Ps4 bf4.

I know the extra fortnight wait for ps4 is hard but really this is a good thing as hopefully a few patches will appear by then
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    There has been incidents of insiders within Dice saying EA pushed them to release before COD: Ghosts.

Makes sense given the lack of quality BF4 released with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    There has been incidents of insiders within Dice saying EA pushed them to release before COD: Ghosts.

I can belive this with the way the game is performing at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Dan27 wrote: »

No point either releasing before the new consoles
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    over 1 million ps4's have been sold in 24 hours, so of course you are going to get a high volume of complaints regarding faulty ones, the number of faulty systems is probably very small in relation to the amount sold. in any case, i never buy a new console at launch, the price is excessively high, lack of good games to play, inevitable technical issues that always happen at launch. why don't people just wait a few months, don't understand the mad rush to get one on day one...
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in any case, i never buy a new console at launch, the price is excessively high, lack of good games to play, inevitable technical issues that always happen at launch. why don't people just wait a few months,
    The PS4 price isn't going to drop in a new months. It might drop for Christmas next year, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's already a lot cheaper than its nearest rival, and being sold at a (small) loss.

If you are going to buy one in the next 12 months, you might as well get it now, and have the 12 months use out of it. There are enough games to play to keep you busy, and more being released probably every month. I'm not even sure if there are more technical issues at launch; although if you do happen to get a duff one, it'll be slower to get a replacement.

If you can't afford it, that's fine, but if you have the disposable income then it makes sense not to wait.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • chriskeenschriskeens Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »

This is what I heard too... Which makes this interesting.
    http://gearnuke.com/is-europe-getting-made-japan-playstation-4/

Basically it says that PS4's heading for Europe could be coming from a factory in Japan rather than the one in China where the faulty ones originated.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, it seems that most of the known broken ones came from Amazon (US), and there seems to be evidence that Amazon didn't pack them properly. They put the PS4 box inside a larger box for shipping, and packed it around and on top with bubble wrap, but didn't pack bubble wrap underneath the PS4 so it was unprotected on one side. Assuming all that bubble wrap is there for a reason, not packing it properly could affect the number of physical failures. Hopefully boxes shipped by Amazon (UK) will be better packed.