Leaving Sky Fiber

Hello all im about to leave Sky Fiber Broadband to go to EE Fiber have I made the right choice ive been reading mixed reviews thanks for your help

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    130 views and no replys nice one
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who was with EE, not fibre though. They used to complain of slowdowns at peak times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that have cancelled the order with EE
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're wanting a very good download usage, or unlimited downloads, it would be better to go with a well-known ISP.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that have cancelled the order with EE

You cancelled the order based on one poster whose mate once had EE ADSL? And quite possibly it was the now discontinued LLU service at that.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE traffic manage downloads in five between 4:30 pm and 1:30 am. Of you don't use torrents or newsgroups I guess it's fine.

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/kfi/BSG_KFI_template_-_M2_3_%26_Fibre_Uncapped_Feb2014.pdf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Wow, I almost did exactly the same today. I am leaving Sky and almost signed up for EE fibre in work but I got distracted.

Sky are charging me £35 a month, I need to leave but still pondering what I should do. I am considering going back to ADSL as I don't want to pay the earth for Fibre, I didn't find there to be a huge difference.:confused:
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    seabro wrote: »
    Wow, I almost did exactly the same today. I am leaving Sky and almost signed up for EE fibre in work but I got distracted.

Sky are charging me £35 a month, I need to leave but still pondering what I should do. I am considering going back to ADSL as I don't want to pay the earth for Fibre, I didn't find there to be a huge difference.:confused:

Exactly my thoughts.
    I pay £6.80 a month for BT ADSL (plus line rental) and that gets me a 10MB (11500kbps) connection with unlimited usage.
    I can max it out 24/7 with no traffic shaping from BT and often do well over 250GB a month.

Why the hell would I pay £26 a month (plus line rental) for a unlimited 70MB connection? Or £15 a month (plus line rental) for a 30MB connection with 20GB usage? :p

Youtube streams no faster, iPlayer streams no faster and it is debatable if webpages even load much faster, maybe a few milliseconds.
  • biggytbiggyt Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Plusnet are offering free unlimited fibre for six months. I switched from TalkTalk fibre the other day. I was getting 38Mbps down and 2 Mbps up, now 38 down still but 14 up! No idea why it is so much higher but I am not complaining
  • de525made525ma Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts.
    I pay £6.80 a month for BT ADSL (plus line rental) and that gets me a 10MB (11500kbps) connection with unlimited usage.
    I can max it out 24/7 with no traffic shaping from BT and often do well over 250GB a month.

Why the hell would I pay £26 a month (plus line rental) for a unlimited 70MB connection? Or £15 a month (plus line rental) for a 30MB connection with 20GB usage? :p

Youtube streams no faster, iPlayer streams no faster and it is debatable if webpages even load much faster, maybe a few milliseconds.

Depends what you use your broadband for - I use my nice 20 megabit upload to run a plex server for my dvd collection (so I can watch them anywhere on any device).
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggyt wrote: »
    Plusnet are offering free unlimited fibre for six months. I switched from TalkTalk fibre the other day. I was getting 38Mbps down and 2 Mbps up, now 38 down still but 14 up! No idea why it is so much higher but I am not complaining

BT Openreach have several fibre options. 40/2, 40/10, 80/20 to name just a few of them. Talktalk only offer the 40/2 or 80/20 products. They advertise them as 38 or 76 but the limits are as a I mentioned above.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carguy143 wrote: »
    BT Openreach have several fibre options. 40/2, 40/10, 80/20 to name just a few of them. Talktalk only offer the 40/2 or 80/20 products. They advertise them as 38 or 76 but the limits are as a I mentioned above.

And to explain the 14 up, Plusnet is probably actually paying Openreach for the 80/20 connection but limiting it themselves to 40/20. The price difference is only a couple of quid a month.

It means that if you decide to upgrade at some point in the future, the upgrade is almost instant and it doesn't require Plusnet to enter into another 12 month minimum term with Openreach, or pay any upgrade fees to them, Plusnet simply has to remove the limitation on their side