The Saturdays - Disco Love (single #16)

Comments

• Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I like the song, but I do think Mollie is used far too much. Why does she get more singing parts, when she is the weakest one? I like her, but I do not think she deserves to get a lot of the singing parts she gets to sing in the songs. I think If anyone should get the most singing parts, it should be either Rochelle, or Vanessa, not Mollie. Give her one line only please.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I like the song, but I do think Mollie is used far too much. Why does she get more singing parts, when she is the weakest one? I like her, but I do not think she deserves to get a lot of the singing parts she gets to sing in the songs. I think If anyone should get the most singing parts, it should be either Rochelle, or Vanessa, not Mollie. Give her one line only please.

I do agree, to be honest. She is easily the weakest singer and I'm always baffled as to why she gets the most parts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing the reason why I can't hear Frankie is because promo is happening during her maternity leave? I can't even hear her in the chorus.
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing the reason why I can't hear Frankie is because promo is happening during her maternity leave? I can't even hear her in the chorus.

But that shouldn't affect the studio version. I still haven't heard it yet though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Still on replay :o It's such a great pop song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I do agree, to be honest. She is easily the weakest singer and I'm always baffled as to why she gets the most parts.

Mollie is much better than Frankie. In fact, Mollie got a solo line in the chorus of 'Gentleman' and has nailed it live every single time. Frankie struggles with the "1995 so hard for a girl to find" hook.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it on repeat since it came out :o I can't stop listening to it!
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they'e revealed the four artworks, pretty lame tbh, only difference is the colour of their name, and three you can only get digitally.
    http://thesaturdays.co.uk/news/pre-order-disco-love
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Their last album sold about 30K and yet they still managed to make a profit with a successful arena tour. (they've also sold out two theatre tours before that)

I don't want to be mean but On Your Radar was a flop, no ifs or buts about it. 30k for what is supposed to be one of the UK's biggest acts is disappointing for any record label. And I wouldn't say an arena tour where seats had to be curtained off was a success.

Back to the new single, I find it rather underwhelming. It sounds too much like any other song on the radio. I know Gentleman was a big flop, but at least they tried to do something different. This smacks of trying to get a hit out of desperation. The Saturdays are at their best (All Fired Up for example) when they try and go outside the box.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    Back to the new single, I find it rather underwhelming. It sounds too much like any other song on the radio. I know Gentleman was a big flop, but at least they tried to do something different. This smacks of trying to get a hit out of desperation. The Saturdays are at their best (All Fired Up for example) when they try and go outside the box.

All Fired Up was one of their best singles. I still prefer the pure pop sound of the Chasing Lights era though. I wish they'd release songs like Up, Ego and Higher again.
    Forum Member
    Mollie is much better than Frankie. In fact, Mollie got a solo line in the chorus of 'Gentleman' and has nailed it live every single time. Frankie struggles with the "1995 so hard for a girl to find" hook.

That is your opinion.

This is my opinion- Mollie sings through her nose, Frankie doesn't, so this is why I consider Mollie to be the weakest.

Frankie is weak compared to Una, Vanessa and Rochelle though, but considering she doesn't sing through her nose, I consider her to be a little bit stronger than Mollie.

I just do not think Mollie should be getting all the singing parts she receives. Like I say, give her one line only, or keep her to the chorus, but anything more than that is too much. I believe giving her so many lines is preventing The Saturdays from being more successful.

I have nothing more to say about this.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

Yes, if anyone should get the most parts, it should be either Vanessa, Rochelle, or Una, considering they are easily the strongest. If the group want more success, then my suggestion is to stop Mollie from hogging all the lines.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I really like this..it combines 80's and eurovision which is a winning mix:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member

Something tells me that on the album version, Frankie will be singing half of Mollie's first verse, but for promotional reasons they've just gave it to Mollie whilst Frankies on maternity. That's just my guess though!

I feel like The Saturdays are finally heading in the right direction, Disco Love is definitely a hit, with the right promotion it will do well!
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i feel sure that would not affect the song as she would still sing in it like Rochelle did for what about us.

plus she must be in it as they were all talking in radio 1 to Scott Mills before the song was played and all of them including frankie mentioned how they loved dressing up for the video so if she is in the video she must be on the song :D

anyway must say i really like this song, much better than Gentleman and on par with all about us :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I completely agree. I find Frankie to be the weakest singer by far. It's particularly highlighted by her opening part in this performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPE8x39ji4U
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I love this song and so excited for the album
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading the mailer and I see the two B-sides are going to be covers of what I assume to be old disco songs:

I've never heard either of those songs before. Sounds interesting though!

On My Radio was originally a hit in 1980, and Love Come Down in 1982.

I was disappointed on Monday because Paul Willett on Imagine FM promised to play Disco Love after another song and the news and travel, but never got round to it.:mad:

Oh well, not hearing it yet will make it sound fresher once I do eventually hear it.
    Forum Member
    Lakey2013 wrote: »
    Something tells me that on the album version, Frankie will be singing half of Mollie's first verse, but for promotional reasons they've just gave it to Mollie whilst Frankies on maternity. That's just my guess though!

I feel like The Saturdays are finally heading in the right direction, Disco Love is definitely a hit, with the right promotion it will do well!

Like I say, if they want more success, drop Mollie from getting all the lines are use the strongest like Vanessa, Rochelle and Una more. These three seem to get neglected in my opinion because Mollie gets the lines. Why should she, when she is not on the same level as them?

Remember Pussycat Dolls? There were so successful because they used only Nicole, who was a strong singer.

I am not saying The Saturdays should go to one singer, because I think The Saturdays actually have three brilliant singers here, with Vanessa, Rochelle and Una. But I am saying, Mollie shouldn't be used as much as the others. Using Mollie so much is stopping the three stronger singers getting to show off and use their vocals to their advantage. If this happened, I do think they would be a lot more successful due to stronger vocals used to their advantage. Who wants to hear someone singing through their nose, over someone with a natural voice like Rochelle?

Do not get me wrong, I like Mollie and Frankie as girls, but keep them to the dancing and the chorus with the other girls.. Only give Rochelle, Una and Vanessa verse parts.

This is my opinion and suggestion.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    All Fired Up was amazing but they've been failing so hard ever since that. I predict the next album will be their last massive flop.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »
    All Fired Up was amazing but they've been failing so hard ever since that. I predict the next album will be their last massive flop.

Why do you think it will be their last massive flop? Do you think they'll split up after the new album?
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Why do you think it will be their last massive flop? Do you think they'll split up after the new album?

More like forced retirement but yes. I think their record company has been extremely patient with them so far and I think all the ingredients are right but their songs are not getting better so I don't see that they are ever going to be that successful. In other words, they've already peaked and we didn't really notice.
    Forum Member
    I've found a link on Youtube to the full song...I'm not feeling it, I have to be honest. :(
    Forum Member

I think they will have a break next year, because they haven't really had a music break.. I am not sure about splitting up though. It will probably depend on future music releases. I for one hope they can continue, because I do actually like the music and the members come across as decent people.
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »

'What about us' was a number one for them.