Options

Rats?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
Forum Member
I'm new on here, and wondering if there are any other 'rat people' :D

I currently have eight; Ken, Ryu, Bruce, Daisy, Dotty, Reg, Maida and Nilda.

Will post pics if anyone is interested :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant beat pics of pets :)

i used to have a rat called roly, he was an awesome pet. he died of a respiritory problem, well he was pts when the vet could do no more for him :( i then became pregnant and ever since i havent been able to touch them without breaking out in red blothes and itchy lumps :( still love rats though, great little pets :)
  • Options
    Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two, Poppy and Daisy. I dont know how u cope with eight, two are a handful! I love em to bits but having them out of their cage is taxing to say the least! They will not keep still for anything and need constant supervision. I have built a play pen for them so they can exercise safely without me there but they need contact with me as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    I used to have four little ratties; Mindy, Rosie, Molly and Luna but they've all gone to rattie heaven now :-(

I used to let them run around my flat for hours and they used to get up to so much mischieve but I could never get angry at them.

My Mum wasn't keen on ratties when I first got them but when she had to look after them when I went on holidays she fell in love with them and used to ring me every day to check how they were and to ask if they were missing 'Nanny'
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Belgians eat rats as snacks I believe.

Not the best thing to happen to an intellegent creature but grilled and served on a stick I'm told they are just like chicken.
  • Options
    FatboyfunFatboyfun Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    We have rats as pets, We used to have mice as well...
  • Options
    gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not a pet but we had 2 tree rats outside. They used to pinch the bird seen. They were huge. Last week one of them got run over right outside the house so dunno where the other one will go. They were light brown with white tummies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an empty cage, collect my boys from a breeder friend on Saturday :)
  • Options
    Mimizuku no LewMimizuku no Lew Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two topaz bucks, Ford and Zaphod. I got them from Alpha Centauri stud in Somerset a couple of years ago. Lovely sweet-natured boys, they are. :)