Come Dine With Me 2011

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loved tim in tonight's show.:)
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    Absolutely loved tim in tonight's show.:)

Me too. Such a contrast from that deluded harridan, Krystyna. I think she takes the prize for being the nastiest person I have ever seen on this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Me too. Such a contrast from that deluded harridan, Krystyna. I think she takes the prize for being the nastiest person I have ever seen on this show.

Noooo that was Princess Pippa!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    number six wrote: »

I suppose there was that painting of her and locking out Vera. Maybe Pippa does have the edge. Close though.
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    number six wrote: »

Now Princess Tracey I remember - don't think I've seen that one though.

I thought tonight's was the funniest I've seen for ages :D

Tim = Mr Rumbelow out of Are You Being Served.

Oh, and Dave Lamb on top form throughout.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    I'm a confirmed meat eater and could never be vegetarian, but I strongly disagree with this. It's not the same thing at all. Do you have strong ethical objections to eating vegetables? Do you lie awake late at night worrying about the pain and suffering those poor carrots and tomatoes have to go through. No, of course you don't. Personal principles are very important to people - I'm sure you have some of your own. Why should someone put their principles aside because you can't cope with one meal without meat?
    Yeah, my personal principle is that my 3 course meal should involve meat. I know non meat eaters that cook meat for their families and friends. I think food should be enjoyed, eating food that I don't enjoy to me is pointless. If all it needs is some meat adding to it, then add the meat.

If by not being able to cope you mean I don't enjoy the meal then you're damn right.
    In all seriousness, do you eat meat at every single meal? If so, you're heading for some serious health issues somewhere down the line.
    I love meat and yes I have it with every meal. I'm going to have health issues regardless of if I don't. I'd rather be on my death bed thinking back to all the great meals I had with meat than the naff ones I didn't. It's like telling smokers not to smoke because they might get cancer and other related diseases. The big health warning on the side of the packs stops them doesn't it?

You say you love meat and I've no reason to doubt you do but you obviously don't love it as much as I do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    prehensile wrote: »
    Now Princess Tracey I remember - don't think I've seen that one though.

I thought tonight's was the funniest I've seen for ages :D

Tim = Mr Rumbelow out of Are You Being Served.

Oh, and Dave Lamb on top form throughout.

I was thinking more Norris cole from corrie lol. I was half expecting him to be him as his corrie character, ie himself lol:D
  • EtheleneEthelene Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode but someone put me out of my torment.

Who does Aga Lady remind me of?
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    Ethelene wrote: »
    Fantastic episode but someone put me out of my torment.

Who does Aga Lady remind me of?

Jennifer Saunders possibly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shy and retiring types again. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too much information, lady. :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plymouth.

First host Annie. Guests: Charlie, Sarah, Susanne and Tony.

Starter: Sweet chili salmon with lime mayonnaise.
    MAin: Saucy tenderloin with veg.
    Pudding: Chocolicious with Twist.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very annoying this Annie and too much info about the underwear..:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Sarah was a bloke in drag.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I thought Sarah was a bloke in drag.

I was just about to type that.

What a dreadful bunch!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Why are the people so freaky on here now? what is up with channel 4? thye have to ruin every programme by making it into a freak show :( do any of them actually care about the food anymore???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The host is vile!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annie’s scores.
    Susanne, 7;Sarah, 7; Tony, 7; Charlie, 6. Total: 27.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought annie came across quite unlikeable tonight :( she came across like just a little too over-excited to be on the telly. Does she vacuum like that every time :confused: To be fair though they do seem to have gone out of their way to pick a full week of "out there" contestants this week. And for the record, I don't think cdwm has been quite as bad in that department lately. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »
    Thought annie came across quite unlikeable tonight :( she came across like just a little too over-excited to be on the telly. Does she vacuum like that every time :confused: To be fair though they do seem to have gone out of their way to pick a full week of "out there" contestants this week. And for the record, I don't think cdwm has been quite as bad in that department lately. :)

I dont like the direction the show has gone really. Could we have 5 people who actually like good food and like to cook? I hate when people come on and they dont like this and that or the vegans and vegetarians or the ones who have to have their meat slaughtered halal, etc.
    I hate the polar extreme characters they have on these days. Its actually a better show when they all genuinely like each other.
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,083
    Forum Member
    demoknite wrote: »
    I dont like the direction the show has gone really. Could we have 5 people who actually like good food and like to cook? I hate when people come on and they dont like this and that or the vegans and vegetarians or the ones who have to have their meat slaughtered halal, etc.
    I hate the polar extreme characters they have on these days. Its actually a better show when they all genuinely like each other.

I wonder if the producers of these shows ever read these comments and take on board how we're all getting so fed up of the direction they are taking ---- ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!

RE Annie Wroe - her name seems very familiar - have we seen her in something before :confused:
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not one appealing contestant today, where do they get these people?
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Why are the people so freaky on here now? what is up with channel 4? thye have to ruin every programme by making it into a freak show :( do any of them actually care about the food anymore???
    demoknite wrote: »
    suki c wrote: »
    I wonder if the producers of these shows ever read these comments and take on board how we're all getting so fed up of the direction they are taking ---- ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!

RE Annie Wroe - her name seems very familiar - have we seen her in something before :confused:

Seconded.
    All the above comments.

I'm not so interested to watch these days and I really didn't want to hear about that woman's underwear, or lack of! :yawn:
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I could never understand why people apply to go on shows like CDWM and then start I dont like different textures in my mouth!!!! I dont like eating fish I mean fishy fish !!!! I dont eat meat!!!! Done eat food thats touched other food on the plate!!!
    WELL WHY GO ON THE SHOW THEN???

Like in Coach Trip one man cant remember his name complained the whole time they were on the coach how he didnt eat FOREIGN FOOD :eek:bugs me lol

Lainey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    I could never understand why people apply to go on shows like CDWM and then start I dont like different textures in my mouth!!!! I dont like eating fish I mean fishy fish !!!! I dont eat meat!!!! Done eat food thats touched other food on the plate!!!
    WELL WHY GO ON THE SHOW THEN???

Like in Coach Trip one man cant remember his name complained the whole time they were on the coach how he didnt eat FOREIGN FOOD :eek:bugs me lol

Lainey

The producers purposely put those types on to create a bit of conflict because they think thats what we want to see. You put a "oh the poor little animals" vegan on there and at the same time show a guy butchering and de feathering a pheasant in his kitchen and were supposed to guffaw at the dichotomy.
    As much as I hate celebrity shows, those are some of the best ones because they are on sort of the same "level" and try to serve decent food and enjoy each others company and they dont have to play up to a character that the producers have created.
This discussion has been closed.