The negative Xbox 180 thread

SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Please leave all positive comments at the door. :p

No xbox one friend circles in this thread please! No sitting around holding hands blindingly telling each other about how great things will be. No stance changing, pretending its what you wanted when they do another 180. No reporting of negative comments.

Putting this thread up for people who want to safely talk negatively about the xbox one.

First up, how terrible are preorders in Europe that they had to bundle what would have easily have been one of the years best sellers with the console? They must really have been shocking. The fanboys will tell you this is great, and to be fair a free game is great but when you think about it Microsoft must be shitting themselves. I have seen people claim they have nearly sold out of preorders. Well not a chance, there is no way MS would give a free game after say 80% have already ordered the console.

Comments

• muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why?

Plenty of room for Xbox and PS4 advocates so why do you feel the need to put others down?
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    Why?

Plenty of room for Xbox and PS4 advocates so why do you feel the need to put others down?

Who have I put down? This is a thread where you can criticise the xbox one without fear of being reported for disrupting the thread.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Jeez just play and enjoy games, it's all getting a bit boring now
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want people to start ordering Xbox Ones because, frankly, I'm getting a bit worried that there simply aren't going to be enough PS4s to go around on launch day, even if you have preordered.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    To be honest MS saying they have nearly sold out of pre-orders means nothing, how many did they have in the first place 10, 20, 100, 100k etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want people to start ordering Xbox Ones because, frankly, I'm getting a bit worried that there simply aren't going to be enough PS4s to go around on launch day, even if you have preordered.

True and the fact FIFA is free should get most of the kids on the Xbox side so its a win for Sony gamers too I guess.
    To be honest MS saying they have nearly sold out of pre-orders means nothing, how many did they have in the first place 10, 20, 100, 100k etc

They haven't nearly sold out. Who gives away something for free after you paid? Microsoft are not a charity. I have been a paid member on my 360 for nearly 8 years and the only thing I have got free are the games on gold they did to copy Sony.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Jeez just play and enjoy games, it's all getting a bit boring now

Please keep it on topic. :D
    This thread is just somewhere to be critical of the xbox one. Any post in the "positive xbox one" thread that is any way critical is instantly reported and removed. A thread is needed to discuss the negative points too.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you stare long enough you can see your finger nails growing.
    Forum Member
    Fine, if you want to waste your time and energy on something that doesn't affect you, go ahead.
    Perhaps you'd be happy with just one console manufacturer, good luck if that ever happens.
    This place is like a school playground at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fine, if you want to waste your time and energy on something that doesn't affect you, go ahead.
    Perhaps you'd be happy with just one console manufacturer, good luck if that ever happens.
    This place is like a school playground at times.

but it does affect me, I'm a gamer and currently a Microsoft console owner but the I have lost faith in the Microsoft Brand (and Im not the only one) and I wanted a thread where is was ok to be critical about it Microsoft without our posts reported. It is like a school playground I agree but only one side of the forum seem to be hitting the report button.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I agree but only one side of the forum seem to be hitting the report button.

2d is banned. And the xbox thread you mentioned has plenty of negative comments, that are still there to read.Re-think your statement.
    Forum Member
    Best we stop feeding him, despite his protests, a thread like this is only designed to inflame baiting
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did this get unlocked? It will only end in tears before bedtime!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    2d is banned. And the xbox thread you mentioned has plenty of negative comments, that are still there to read.Re-think your statement.

I cant see any posts, discussions of anything negative on the Thread.

I can see you dissuading any type of discussion by telling people to PM 2D if anybody had an issue with what he was posting. Hardly free discussion which is why I started this thread. Again I have no problem with that thread but you have to have somewhere to discuss the negatives.

I didn't know 2D was banned but its sad, nobody deserves to banned unless being abusive imo (I don't know if that is what he did) but if it was for discussion then its wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best we stop feeding him, despite his protests, a thread like this is only designed to inflame baiting
    but you are not feeding anybody. This the problem, any type of negativity is seen as asome sort of attack And no doubt the report button is hit leading to worthless one sided forums. Its ridiculous.
    maybe DS allows both sides of a discussion.
    Forum Member

There's human logic, then DS mod logic :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway back on topic

I'm failing to understand peoples joy at the oncoming Killer Instinct title. Before it was announced the world and its mother were against "Freemium" titles. I for one don't want to see console gaming go down this pay to play route. I honestly think if it was a game like Tekken or Streetfighter or Capcom V Marvel they would have taking a lot Flak but because its a retro title they have gotten away with it somewhat. Personally I want this to fail badly and the idea is buried there and then.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    They haven't nearly sold out. Who gives away something for free after you paid? Microsoft are not a charity. I have been a paid member on my 360 for nearly 8 years and the only thing I have got free are the games on gold they did to copy Sony.

Microsoft did it with the first Xbox when the price was dropped shortly after release.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know 2D was banned but its sad, nobody deserves to banned unless being abusive imo (I don't know if that is what he did) but if it was for discussion then its wrong.

I don't think he was banned just for being negative. He used an incredibly insensitive term in one of his posts a few days ago, which I won't repeat here. Needless to say, that post has now been removed and 2D is no longer with us. (Temporarily, I'm sure). Whether the 2 are connected, however, is uncertain.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointless thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Microsoft did it with the first Xbox when the price was dropped shortly after release.

Well in that situation they had to do something, They slashed the console price by £100 within a month of release to combat poor sales and if you paid full price you were given 2 games and something else (controller maybe) as a thank you.

but this time round there is no price cut so no need to say "sorry here is a free game" its blatantly done to boost preorders.
    Forum Member
    Good Lord,, a business doing something to boost sales. Call the police
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Lord,, a business doing something to boost sales. Call the police

Nobody said they were doing anything wrong, I was just pointing out preorders are low and to combat it they are gave away a free game.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the creator of the Xbox thread your trying to spoof, grow up. Really.

Plenty of other threads to discuss and slag the Xbox One, most of which just go round in circles. I created that thread so for those of us getting the console we can discuss what were looking forward too and such without the fear of it turning into another argument or debate.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be negative against both consoles. I will probably end up with both. Not until the hysteria of having to have one first has died down. Also by March/April next year there might be something worth playing, that isn't a military borefest.