My dvd disc won't play (MacBook 2008) - any ideas?

The second disk of a box-set freezes after about 40 seconds and won't play. And it won't eject - I'm having to force shutdown each time.

I've just checked playing it on the TV and it works fine. Any ideas how I can fix this? I am zero-minded tech-wise!

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps get a lens cleaner incase theres a bit of crap on the drive lens and also make sure theres no fingerprints/crap on the underside of the disk as some dvd lasers are more sensitive than others

if it plays other dvd's fine after all the above then it may just be its not been pressed well at the factory and it struggles so much it just gives up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    perhaps get a lens cleaner incase theres a bit of crap on the drive lens and also make sure theres no fingerprints/crap on the underside of the disk as some dvd lasers are more sensitive than others

if it plays other dvd's fine after all the above then it may just be its not been pressed well at the factory and it struggles so much it just gives up

Thanks so much for replying Maxatoria - I'll give all that a try.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Strange. I cleaned disc but it made no difference. Decided to try 3rd disc of series, which worked fine. Just about to email Amazon about a faulty 2nd disc but thought I'd give it one more try - and the 2nd disc is now playing fine. It's as if the third disc cleared things, somehow (from a non-tech perspective!)

Maybe this will work for others should a similar situation arise.