Sony Iplayer down?

2»

Comments

• huxley1huxley1 Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The iPlayer front page is now loading but it's not possible to navigate and it freezes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi,

It is reassuring to see that other people are having the same problem with the sony I player. Ours has not worked since Friday? And as of today we can get the I player but as other people have described it is frozen when you get there. Any signs of resolving the problem?
  • maw1maw1 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    The BBC say they are still working on it. (Go to BBC iPlayer help and search for Sony Blu-ray for the latest news, but don't hold your breath!)

Newsflash! The iPlayer site is now saying that the issue is resolved. I haven't yet tried it myself, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    YES it works
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Also started working on my 40EX-723 yesterday.

I also received an e-mail from the BBC to say they had fixed it, which was nice but it was telling me to update firmware and reinstall my app...my TV is on automatic update and the software is buitl in - there is no "app".
  • ChanfronChanfron Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I saw some message on here somewhere saying iplayer was now working on Sony devices, I too got a firmware update message on my HX723, have tried iplayer and that seems to works ok, tried it on my E380 Bluray surround sound system and that does not work, all i get is the spinning icon in the top right corner and the picture seems to flash on/off, don't get the little progress bar under the icon.

I don't use iplayer very often and the TV one works, would just like to have both available.
  • ChanfronChanfron Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Managed to fix it, read on sony forums to check the java setting in the built in web browser, it was valid but I noticed a setting for cookies was invalid, set to valid and iplayer now works.
  • Christine_BaxteChristine_Baxte Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Once again, BBC I-Player has gone down on my Sony Bravia Smart TV. Is anyone else having this problem again. Bit fed up viewing iPlayer on laptop.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi
    BBC I-player was working on my 40EX-723 at 0950 this morning, and is working now. Are other internet services on your TV working?

If it is only i-player, try reporting it through I-player help. Link below might work

https://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbciplayer/emailForms/emailPage?_mftvst:answerRef=%24http%3a%2f%2fapi.transversal.com%2fmfapi%2fobjectref%2fEntryStore%2fEntry%2fhttp%3a%2f%2fdedicated3.metafaq.com%2fmfapi%2fMetafaq%2fClients%2fbbciplayer%2fModules%2fannouncements%3a15768%3a1521
  • television2004television2004 Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having this problem. BBC I Player no longer working on my Sony KDL-32ex403 TV. All other services like C5 and You tube working OK.
  • richjj1978richjj1978 Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Anyone else having this problem. BBC I Player no longer working on my Sony KDL-32ex403 TV. All other services like C5 and You tube working OK.

Yes, exact same model and symptoms. I've already reported it to Iplayer support, but another email can't hurt them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's currently working on my KDL40CX523, but the preview images for the programmes just show grey blanks, so something isn't quite right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had not accessed BBC i Player for around 2 weeks before today. I see on the BBC i player site that they changed the layout-presentation on March 12th so this maybe why it does not work. I also checked on the BBC list of suitable supported Sony TV and other devices and it said that the KDL-32EX403 was not supported? Yet it had been working for the last 3 years! I have notified BBC i Player of the fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried BBC i player today and it is now working!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you seeing the preview images for the programmes?

Mine are still all just blank grey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huxley1 wrote: »
    Are you seeing the preview images for the programmes?

Mine are still all just blank grey.

Everything seems to be working all preview screens contain images. Have you e mailed BBC i Player. I did.
  • Christine_BaxteChristine_Baxte Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I see that the problem is still continuing with Sony Smart Tvs and no solution from the BBC despite people contacting them. Its pretty frustrating and annoying. I have found in general over the past year that my attempts to access i-Player have resulted in more failures than success in general. There have literally been a hundred occasions when there has been an intermittent problem as well as the long lock outs, such as now. Does anybody know which is the most reliable alternative Smart TV to buy to avoid this problem? I can't be doing with struggling with Sony and i-Player any longer and it has become apparent that with every single change and update to i-Player it will be the same again.