Comments

• honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George in Being Human :(
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Greene - ER. When he died in 'On the Beach' I blubbed like a baby. When the staff read his final words in previous episode 'The Letter' it really got to me. I was 15ish when it first aired and I've never forgotten it, and never will.

Most shocking death for me was Freddie in Skins. Just didn't see it coming. It's also a warning not to trust strangers just because they are in positions of importance. I think it was so shocking to me because you didn't actually see him die. Just the blood. I hated the character but felt really sad and shocked at his death.

Yep, I cried at that too, soooo sad.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    grogdog wrote: »
    What about Damon from Brookside?

Superbly filmed, it wasnt Brookside though. It was a Brookside cast off called North and South. The way the screen went black at his moment of death was very good
  • sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Hated that foot in the gracve episode they didnt need to kill him off they should of just left it alone.

Sadest death I dunno cant really think of one. Does Short Circuit 2 cound at the end where he is dying before coming back to life?

If not then for me was finding out Pro Wrestler Owen hart had been killed on Live TV. That was pretty shocking watching that PPV and it being announced.

Jeez i am 31 and still cry at SC 2 when he writes dying in chalk. Bonnie Tylers holding out for a hero still chokes me up!
  • harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martha Longhurst is probably the most memorable.
  • harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Superbly filmed, it wasnt Brookside though. It was a Brookside cast off called North and South. The way the screen went black at his moment of death was very good

No it wasn't
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Wasn't it called 'Damon and Debbie'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_and_Debbie
  • nellieknelliek Posts: 10,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I wept inconsolably when Father Ralph de Bricassart in The Thorn Birds died :cry::cry::cry:

Me too. Makes me want to cry just thinking about him dying. :o
  • davethepiemandavethepieman Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    A few months ago I was watching some old 1970s Formula 1 videos and in among them was Roger Williamson's fatal crash in the Dutch GP in 1973. He was trapped in his burning car and for some reason the marshals did not help him - the only person who tried to extricate him was fellow racer David Purley. It really was horrific and very upsetting to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    nvella wrote: »
    Rachel in Cold Feet - really shocked me and Stringer Bell in the Wire

Yes. And Assumpta in Ballykissangel. Poor James Nesbitt, always seems to lose his wife in things. Though I felt sorrier for poor Father Peter.

Latest sad death was Mr. Southouse on Garrow's Law. Brilliantly acted by Alun Armstrong and Andrew Buchan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    For me the most disturbing was Danielle's Death on Eastenders.
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. And Assumpta in Ballykissangel. Poor James Nesbitt, always seems to lose his wife in things. Though I felt sorrier for poor Father Peter.

Latest sad death was Mr. Southouse on Garrow's Law. Brilliantly acted by Alun Armstrong and Andrew Buchan.

Hahaha yeah if you were an actress and you got the role of his wife/partner you'd know you'd best start looking further afield for roles pretty quick. Like the acting equivalent of a Christmas temporary job!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nana in 'The Royle Family.'

Alma in 'Coronation Street.'

Stan Ogden.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »

It was called Damon and Debbie, we were in York at the time and watched them filming the death scene on the river bank!
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a TV death but that song Wooden Boat by Take That gets me every time I hear it. No idea why. Nothing similar in my life but I struggle to hold it together every time I hear it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Dennis in eastenders for me :( not watched it since then lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daphne in Neighbours - I liked Des and Daphne.
    More recently, Mitchell in Being Human :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Cant believe no ones put Yvonne in Bad girls!

The way that she died was harrowing as well.
  • M.D.N.AM.D.N.A Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Yvonne from Bad Girls and Rachel Hicks too.

Danielle from Eastenders and Tiffany too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy from ER.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    Nana in 'The Royle Family.'

Alma in 'Coronation Street.'

Stan Ogden.

I'd forgotten about that, I can't even watch that episode. The scene with Barbara brushing her hair combined with the music is just one of the saddest scenes ever on tv. I've teared up typing about it! Most superbly written, acted and directed scene on TV.
  • Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Laverne dying in Scrubs was a tearjerker. Really well filmed and acted.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    Drew and Ringo Neighbours
    Henry Blake-MASH
    Rachel in Cold Feet
    Patrick Spiller in Casualty
    Susan in Seinfeld(know it was a comedy but I still thought it was sad)
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    Drew and Ringo Neighbours
    Henry Blake-MASH
    Rachel in Cold Feet
    Patrick Spiller in Casualty
    Susan in Seinfeld(know it was a comedy but I still thought it was sad)

:eek: that was awful! I loved Patrick :(
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hankies at the ready as Kate Rowan dies on Heartbeat (ITV3) tonight!.....:cry::cry::cry: