Which Pro won't get a Celebrity?

1234568»

Comments

• RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit unfair to drop her after only one season with a dud competitor. Maybe the producers thought there would be too many Cliftons this time around. I'd like to have seen her with a contender and she is one of not many Brit Pros on the show. I love the foreign dancers but please, let's have some more home grown talent in the Pro ranks in the future, it is after all a British show.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Of course she's gutted but she has to pretend , maybe she's earning more in her new role but I bet she would far prefer to be competing with a celeb . I mean Joanne has probably the best dancing credentials of all the female pros, having recently competed and won at world level .
    She has not being given a fair chance to see what see can do with a contender
    Reminds me when they sidelined Ian also and finished his performing stint on SCD .

What is the matter with those idiot producers !! That role would be ideal for grandad Anton . I was stunned to see he's 49 . Just because they see him as the Strictly clown his job seems guaranteed, when he fact he's more irritating then funny .

Be interesting to se what happens at Launch Show, but barring any big surprises with the last reveals there is no one who on paper looks the obvious komedy kontestant or duffer. Certainly, the female line up looks like it will be fairly competent throughout. Anton may find that he has to do more than fling his celeb across the floor, for a change.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she's gutted but she has to pretend , maybe she's earning more in her new role but I bet she would far prefer to be competing with a celeb . I mean Joanne has probably the best dancing credentials of all the female pros, having recently competed and won at world level .
    Reminds me when they sidelined Ian also and finished his performing stint on SCD .

What is the matter with those idiot producers !! That role would be ideal for grandad Anton . I was stunned to see he's 49 . Just because they see him as the Strictly clown his job seems guaranteed, when he fact he's more irritating then funny .

Exactly !!! It's a shame that someone of her caliber and professional experience has to sit out this series but hey it's what it is. I hope she gets a celebrity next year; if they call her back.
    She has a very outgoing/funny personality ( although some people might find it grating at times ) so I'm sure that she'll be a HIT on these programmes :cool:

Sigh.......don't even get me started on Anton. What I found is that he's a huge hit with viewers so I can see why they bring him back over and over again. He probably has the most secure position out of all the other pros :D:D
  • CheshirecheeseCheshirecheese Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think there are any real celebrities in it this year so they none of the pros are getting one!!
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think there are any real celebrities in it this year so they none of the pros are getting one!!

That's quite a bold statement.

Which "celebrities" would you like to have seen in the line-up this year?
  • kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:confused::confused:
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not so sure she is pretending. Joanne seems to have been taking courses at Pukka Presenting - based on the quote from her on their homepage, anyway - so my guess is that she genuinely does want to move towards presenting. Strictly, where like her or loath her she's an acknowledged expert, would be a safe starting point for her.