Options

State of Decay - out this June!

Comments

• Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    June 5th release confirmed on Undead Labs website..

Yeah, finally official, this Wednesday!! :)
    seanf wrote: »
    Just watched the video demo on the xbox. Realy cant wait now. Now I'm going to to spend money when im supposed to be saving I'm just going to blame 2D when the wife asks. ;)

Brilliant idea! haha
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1600 is a fine price
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So...who's excited then!! just one more sleep! :D
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So...who's excited then!! just one more sleep! :D

Just added 2000msp 2 my account via Xbox.com ... Stateofdecay looks fantastic!!! :D
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Downloading now. 1.81 gb

Ign have given this a good review so im not even going to bother with the trial.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Downloading now. 1.81 gb

Ign have given this a good review so im not even going to bother with the trial.

Only 1.81gb? I thought it would be much bigger tbh! :eek:

(Added 2 my download list!!! Can't wait til I get home) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Only 1.81gb? I thought it would be much bigger tbh! :eek:

(Added 2 my download list!!! Can't wait til I get home) :D

People said the same about Skyrim too remember? No crappy pre-rendered Cutscenes. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apart from the choppiness and weird graphical glitches this game is very good.

Hitting zombies with blunt objects has a very rewarding thud to it and the game can get very tense when your hiding from big hordes. At the moment my character is holed up in a bush near a gun shop waiting for a good time to strike, its the middle of the night and i appear to be surrounded.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    1600 MSP!!? overpriced - shame :(

Will wait for it to be on DOTW.

God only knows when this will go DOTW.
    He4rt wrote: »
    At the moment my character is holed up in a bush near a gun shop waiting for a good time to strike, its the middle of the night and i appear to be surrounded.

Walking around holding pickets will do you no good. :D

On a side note you can get 1200 points on ebay for about £9.50 if you need a top up or 2 X 800's for just under £15.

I guess Im bored waiting for the download to finish
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing the demo but going have to wait till pay day for the full game, kids have cleaned me out :(
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My download just finished. Very excited to finally play this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing now! Love how the game just starts, no fancy intro or boring story setting cutsense, straight in, bish bash bosh a few zombies, great stuff! :D

First impressions, its a no nonesense no frills but surprisingly addictive zombie slayer.

Will post more thoughts as I progress and get a better feel of how the game works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So far this game is AMAZING, truly one of a kind. It's probably the best zombie game I've yet to play (and Ive played some bloody good ones! :D), there's quite a bit to get your head around at first, from switching characters when tired to managing inventories. Everything is quite simulation-like but things like button mappings are sensibly handled. I am loving it! the combat feels nice, the stealth is fun and the gun play is precise, which is helpful since you cannot adjust sensitivity, they've got it pitch perfect.

I hope it continues to impress me on this level. I guess this is similar to what Alan Wake would of been had it been open world?

A side-note about the graphics, they are nice, I can appreciate the open world and detail as well as the day/night cycle, there is some some tearing but you just don't notice it when playing and it's nowhere near as bad as some of those streams made out.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Downloading the trial just now. It's just a shame that it's only a week until The Last of Us is released otherwise I'd have bought the full release
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloading now, hopefully they'll make it co-op in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Video Review courtesy of IGN here

This game is destined to become a cult classic!
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know when this will be released for PC ?.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Downloading the trial just now. It's just a shame that it's only a week until The Last of Us is released otherwise I'd have bought the full release

'The Last of Us' is only available on Playstation so you have every reason to buy the full version of State of Decay on Xbox!!

I downloaded the demo last night but didn't have a chance to play it. After having read some reviews and watched some reviews on YouTube for this, I've decided I'm gonna download the full version before I even try out the demo !!!
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    'The Last of Us' is only available on Playstation so you have every reason to buy the full version of State of Decay on Xbox!!

I downloaded the demo last night but didn't have a chance to play it. After having read some reviews and watched some reviews on YouTube for this, I've decided I'm gonna download the full version before I even try out the demo !!!

I have a PS3 too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This game is addictive but be warned, it's quite complex in some places like base management and they don't do a terrific job of explaining everything to you, there are help menu's, maybe I'm too impatient to read them properly but understanding how the game works and how to get resources together to build your bases up took me a little bit of messing about. It can feel overwhelming at times.

Had some very funny moments so far, the super infected (for lack of a better word) are just too funny man! You need to be on guard because of these. Night time in this game is a bitch! I usually go raiding/thieving then but you have to be extra quiet and have an escape plan if things go wrong.

I've already lost one of my original guys forever when I took him to rescue some people, thought I was Rambo and got ripped in half LOL... and he had some pretty decent stats and leveling up too. :( The game autosaves as soon as it happened so no bringing him back! :cry: It was cool to hear everyone mourn around the base saying things like "I didn't know him well but I would of liked to spent more time with him, seemed like a nice guy" etc.. little details like that.

This would of made an incredible official Walking Dead game.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Downloaded the full game last night and an about an hour to play it.

First impressions are quite good - seems like its an open world (within reason!) where you can explore where you want (within the map).

A couple of things however:

It seems VERY reminiscent of The Walking Dead - i.e. you start in a campsite with an obligatory ransacked campervan nearby!! Hell - even the main character you start to play with (can't remember his name), the black dude with the afro, is almost a carbon copy of Lee from The Walking Dead games - no originality there...!!!:rolleyes:

Another thing which I have noticed, unlike The Walking Dead where I was genuinely a little anxious to stay away from the zombies, with State of Decay, I really don't see the point in the ability to crouch and walk 'stealthily' through the bushes so that the zombies don't see you?! Even if they do see you, its literally 2 presses on the 'X' button, with whatever weapon you are holding, and the zombies are toast....!! Whats the point in running away and being afraid of them if they are so easy to kill? You may as well just walk around and if they spot you, stand your ground, mash the 'X' button and they are beat...!!!

Finally - as for the weapons, I can't see anywhere, where it shows the strengths of different kinds? What's the difference whether I use a plank of wood or a baseball bat?! Again - it just seems that with whatever weapon you are holding (bat, plank or whatever), 2 presses of the 'X' button will kill any zombie anyway........!

Gonna obviously have to play this a little more but these are just my first findings for the game.......
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way of checking your objectives? I can see it on the map by clicking the right thumb stick as current objective but there is no description apart from what is on the map.

Also a small intro would have been nice, no idea who this guy is or why he is here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lost my first character today,then lost another minutes after.

I was out in the woods on my way to help out another survivor with a 'big-un' when out of nowhere a feral zombie pounced on my back. I manage to throw the bugger off but i didnt see where it landed and ended up swinging my lead pipe around in blind panic which,of course, made my character run out of stamina, i managed to stupidly fire a couple of rounds of my pistol which attracted every slack jaw zed within 300 yards and i was tore in half. R.I.P.

The second death was annoying becuase it was the fault of a glitch in the game. My primary weapon broke so i selected my back up weapon which was a golf club. Unfortunatly, it never showed up on my character and she ended up swinging thin air at zombies heads to no effect. I was overrun and shes now zombie food:(

Regardless of these two, my camp is still going strong ( although they are getting annoyed with Alan's constant moaning) supplies are high thanks to my successful supply runs and i have around 10 different firearms that ive found on my travels. Just wish i had more time to play.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly got Marcus killed yesterday. I was helping one of the supply runners and about 15 zeds came and overwhelmed me, I ended up on the floor mashing the A button. Luckily I got up and managed to survive.
    Then when I went back on the game later on, Maya had gone on a mission while I was off the game. She ended up bitten and infected so I had to take her somewhere and put her down.
  • Options
    TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying it, still only just scratched the surface of what the game has to offer.

Lost Maya yesterday, while at the Doctors farmhouse, while boarding up a window, one of the big zombies got in through the window and destroyed her.

I'd been doing that mission for 10 minutes or so, and not one of those big zombies had got through any window, let alone a half boarded up one.

Not happy about it, just turned off afterwards.