Was Matt Smith the worst ever Doctor?

TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We haven't had one of these threads yet so I thought I would create one.
So was he the worst ever Doctor?

Comments

• Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see this ending well.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering the OP of this thread:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1832830
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to DT & CE in my eyes yes. Can't really remember the other Doctors, as it was so long ago.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,326
    Forum Member
    to call any doctor the worst will only serve to cause offence to those who love that particular doctor as their favourite. no positive consequences can ever come from calling any doctor 'the worst' as it's not like there's any doctor where everyone will unilaterally agree
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    At last! Someone who sees it as it is/was.

Time to recover and makes amends now and get back on track to what it was before he showed up.

And take that Moffatt thing with him.

Please come back RTD, Christ this show needs you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to call any doctor the worst will only serve to cause offence to those who love that particular doctor as their favourite. no positive consequences can ever come from calling any doctor 'the worst' as it's not like there's any doctor where everyone will unilaterally agree

Comment of the thread thus far. And it just had to be followed by...
    At last! Someone who sees it as it is/was.

Time to recover and makes amends now and get back on track to what it was before he showed up.

And take that Moffet thing with him.

Please come back RTD, Christ this show needs you.

Oh you couldn't make this stuff up.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    No he was the best Doctor ever!
  • finn946finn946 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    not remotely
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was for me I could not stand his portrayal of the doctor.

I was ecstatic to see him regenerate into Capaldi who I already know will blow him away from a mile off.
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Thanks for answering the OP of this thread:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1832830

LOL yeah I'm surprised there hasn't been one already so I thought I would be the 1st to ask because a few of my friends couldn't stand him but personally I started liking him last series. I remember last year someone asked if Clara was the worst companion ever before she even appeared on the show.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    All the polls have him as the second or third most popular Doctor. So he probably won't be remembered as the worst.
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all , I think anyone that followed DT was gonna have a hard time but he made it his own and has some really stonking episodes I had more of a problem with Amy I enjoyed his time much more with Clara
  • RozesRozes Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    To be honest he did grow on me. Didn't really like his interpretation at first and thought he looked far too young to play the Time Lord. However he did grow more and more into the role and was sad to see him leave in the end. Wasn't a big fan of his scatty moments and the techno gibberish that he liked to roll out at a hundred miles a hour but did like his softer/serious moments. Worst definitely not (Colin & Sylvester were my least favourite) but not the best.
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably best he was far better then the dull cheesy David tenant. And CE has too little time to develop.

RTD is gone and thank god. Will you all just stop going on about the past and doctors that are long gone!!!
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    All the polls have him as the second or third most popular Doctor. So he probably won't be remembered as the worst.

3rd of the new lot out of 3!

That tells us all we need to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3rd of the new lot out of 3!

That tells us all we need to know.

Nope. Usually it goes: (According to the YouGov poll)

David Tennant
    Tom Baker
    Matt Smith

Or

David Tennant
    Matt Smith
    Tom Baker

Sorry, not that many people share your hatred for Matt.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wowboy wrote: »
    Probably best he was far better then the dull cheesy David tenant. And CE has too little time to develop.

RTD is gone and thank god. Will you all just stop going on about the past and doctors that are long gone!!!

I was going to post about how nice it was to have Matt vilified instead of Tennant - but, no, Tennant's still being slagged off. Oh, well, maybe after Capaldi goes....

(I don't really mean I want people to slag Matt off. He was brilliant as the Doctor. :))
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Matt Smith as the doctor. He did the humour and angry Doctor really well, he was just brilliant.

Am looking forward to the new Doctor though and see how the show will change.
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Of course Matt Smith wasn't the 'worst' Doctor. In my opinion, he was consistently brilliant even though some of the scripts let him down.

If you want to get official about it, there are no 'worst' Doctors anyway. Only ones that aren't well received by the general public.

I don't see Matt Smith falling into that category either, since he was mobbed with knickers thrown at him everywhere he went. Not to mention, loved by the younger viewers.

The only actor that wasn't well received was Colin Baker. That's only because Grade hated the show and tried his best to sabotage it. Having been fortunate enough to meet the man himself, you couldn't ask meet a nicer guy.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Worst ever?

No

Best ever?

No

Terrible actor?

NO!

Great Doctor?

Ehhhhhh

Annoying when he flaps his arms around?

Yes!

Confuses "a bit eccentric like everyone's old history teacher" with "alien"?

Yes!

Too young?

Probably.

Got better as he went along?

Yes!
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe there has been a worst Doctor, each Doctor has brought their own to The Doctor and that is something .:D
  • ShaunieboyShaunieboy Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Nope... One of the best in my opinion... Great energy and eccentricity.. Just what a doctor should be.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Matt Smith wasn't the 'worst' Doctor. In my opinion, he was consistently brilliant even though some of the scripts let him down.

If you want to get official about it, there are no 'worst' Doctors anyway. Only ones that aren't well received by the general public.

I don't see Matt Smith falling into that category either, since he was mobbed with knickers thrown at him everywhere he went. Not to mention, loved by the younger viewers.

The only actor that wasn't well received was Colin Baker. That's only because Grade hated the show and tried his best to sabotage it. Having been fortunate enough to meet the man himself, you couldn't ask meet a nicer guy.

Agree with most of your post. There never has been a worst Doctor, not even Christopher Eccleston, my least favourite Doctor but by no means the worst. Dislike yes, but he was just as good as the rest in the role as was Colin Baker, whom I also have had the pleasure of meeting, albeit briefly and found him very friendly as well.

:)
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was Matt Smith?

End_sarcasm.