Options

Will Davros/Captain Jack ever return

SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, Does anyone think Davros or captain jack will return soon?:)

Comments

• Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way you've "slashed" the two names has very adult connotations in fandom.:D
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Not soon, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if either or both returned in the next few years. I think it a great shame Jack never got to meet Matt's Doctor.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Capaldi's Doctor clashing with Davros... I certainly hope so.

Would love to see CPT. Jack back, shame (but understandable) that he never popped up during Matt's Smiths run, that would have been a brilliant dynamic.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Would love to see CPT. Jack back, shame (but understandable) that he never popped up during Matt's Smiths run, that would have been a brilliant dynamic.

I always imagined there would be some low-level flirting, with the 11th Doctor suddenly becoming very awkward and embarrassed when he realised Jack was seriously up for it.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Would love to see both or either, and would say there is a fair to middling chance of it, given the frequency of dalek stories and the fact that captain jack was moffats creation.

Jack and river together would be the absolute dream pairing. I can just imagine the doctor's annoyance and Clara's bemusement as those two are basically having a flirt off throughout the episode.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Not bothered about Davros but realy Hope Jack makes a return appearence soon, quickly followed by a new series of Torchwood.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love Jack to return :) we all know Moff intended for Jack to be by The Doctors side in AGMGTW but JB couldn't appear which he was sad about. but yeah id love to see Jack and Gwen to pop up in who :)

Id love Davros to come back and come face to face with the Paradigm Daleks, just to see his reaction
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    Id love Jack to return :) we all know Moff intended for Jack to be by The Doctors side in AGMGTW but JB couldn't appear which he was sad about. but yeah id love to see Jack and Gwen to pop up in who :)

Id love Davros to come back and come face to face with the Paradigm Daleks, just to see his reaction
    I'd imagine something along the lines of 'Ahhh ,my once glorious creation, what have they done to you?!' :D
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would have been really good, I suppose thats why we have the Paternoster gang? They had to fill a hole in the story left by Jack not being in it I suppose?
    Its interesting you say he was sad that he couldnt play Jack at that time, could that mean he is open to playing Jack again some time?

Yes that would be fun!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was upset that he never got to Davros get a chance to face Eleven, so I'm really hoping he gets his chance at Twelve at some point. I have no doubt he'll come back one day, I just want it to be before Capaldi leaves, and when he does come back, it better be the best story of Twelve's run in order to make up for such an awful last appearance.

Captain Jack? While I do think he could be something like a Brigadier for New Who, someone who shows up every few years, I'll be honest and say that I won't be too upset if we never see him again.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Its interesting you say he was sad that he couldnt play Jack at that time, could that mean he is open to playing Jack again some time?

Doesn't JB mention it in almost every interview he does? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Doesn't JB mention it in almost every interview he does? ;-)

He does indeed!
    IIRC JB stated that "when ever the Doctor needs Jack, Jack will be right there by his side" or something to that effect . :) he is a self admitted Who-vian himself and would return anytime they want him and also has said that the Arrow Team have given him permission to have time off when ever Who needs Jack so i think its safe to say 100% without a doubt Jacks coming back at some point! :)

P.S wasn't Jack a pure Moffat creation and not created by RTD?. the Moff has faith in Harkness :)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

P.S wasn't Jack a pure Moffat creation and not created by RTD?. the Moff has faith in Harkness :)

Since he was a recurring character in multiple episodes RTD came up with the basic idea of Jack but as his first story was Moffats, it was him who developed the character and added details.

RTD - Captain Jax, Time Agent, Omnisexual.
    Moffat - Missing 2 years of his memory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does indeed!
    IIRC JB stated that "when ever the Doctor needs Jack, Jack will be right there by his side" or something to that effect . :) he is a self admitted Who-vian himself and would return anytime they want him and also has said that the Arrow Team have given him permission to have time off when ever Who needs Jack so i think its safe to say 100% without a doubt Jacks coming back at some point! :)

Cool I would love to see Jack back then, come on Moff!

Oh and I see that Moffat did indeed write "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances" so that really does fit that Jack is a Moffat creation!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Since he was a recurring character in multiple episodes RTD came up with the basic idea of Jack but as his first story was Moffats, it was him who developed the character and added details.

RTD - Captain Jax, Time Agent, Omnisexual.
    Moffat - Missing 2 years of his memory.

It seems that Jack was such a success though that RTD brought him back for the final stories of both series 3 and 4.

I do think he was the best 'visiting' companion from series 1 much better than Micky or that other guy that was in 'Dalek' and 'The Long Game'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Cool I would love to see Jack back then, come on Moff!

Oh and I see that Moffat did indeed write "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances" so that really does fit that Jack is a Moffat creation!

i do like to think that out there in the whoniverse Jack has met 11 and 11 has told jack off for flirting with Clara or maybe 11 and river meet jack and 11 just looks at them both saying "its like your both looking in a mirror when you two look at one another" :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i do like to think that out there in the whoniverse Jack has met 11 and 11 has told jack off for flirting with Clara or maybe 11 and river meet jack and 11 just looks at them both saying "its like your both looking in a mirror when you two look at one another" :)

lol good one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Davros - Yes.
    Captain Jack - Less likely
    Face of Boe - Possible
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rowls wrote: »
    Davros - Yes.
    Captain Jack - Less likely
    Face of Boe - Possible

I know it's all just a matter of opinion, but I personally think Jack would be the most likely of the three to return in the near future, given that barrowman seems to be playing up for them to ask him to play jack again in almost every interview he's in, and the fact that Jack had been planned for a good man goes to war, showing that less than two series ago Moffat wanted him whereas there has been no inclination of any interest in the other two.

Think davros is one of those characters bound to pop up again, but maybe not for a few years. Face of boe seems least likely of those three to me.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Face of boe seems least likely of those three to me.

I would agree with you but for one factor: he looks like an expensive prop and is probably still kicking around the storeroom. Though who knows? Maybe he isn't HD ready.
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's all just a matter of opinion, but I personally think Jack would be the most likely of the three to return in the near future, given that barrowman seems to be playing up for them to ask him to play jack again in almost every interview he's in, and the fact that Jack had been planned for a good man goes to war, showing that less than two series ago Moffat wanted him whereas there has been no inclination of any interest in the other two.

Think davros is one of those characters bound to pop up again, but maybe not for a few years. Face of boe seems least likely of those three to me.

Barrowman said at a recent convention, that although he would love to play jack again, it would be difficult for him to do now, cos he's under contract to CW network for Arrow. Last year he could have done DW/TW as he wasn't under contract, but not now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe we could have a remembrance of the daleks story where davros leads the RTD Daleks into a battle against the Paradigm Daleks with the doctor slap bang in the middle. this would be a good thing to see just to see davros' react to this breed of "non-pure" daleks.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    maybe we could have a remembrance of the daleks story where davros leads the RTD Daleks into a battle against the Paradigm Daleks with the doctor slap bang in the middle. this would be a good thing to see just to see davros' react to this breed of "non-pure" daleks.

The problem with that is that the new paradigm Daleks were written to be even more pure than the ones Davros created in The Stolen Earth. The NPDs were created from genetic machines created for the Time War, so they are the originals in new shells. Davros started a whole new breed using cells from his own body.

Of course, it would be interesting war in that they're both 'pure', depending on how you measure 'pure'.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I suspect our greatest chance of seeing Captain Jack again will be in 2015's Series 9. It'll be the tenth anniversary of Doctor Who's TV revival and although I doubt the Beeb will stretch the budget to do anything special for an occasion such as that (it's nowhere near the sort of milestone that the 50th was, and truly only matters to fans) I think they might make a few nods to the early RTD era - with Rose having returned and reappeared as The Moment as well now, I think Captain Jack would be a likely contender as a reference to Series 1. :) Unless pigs fly and they get Eccleston to appear in a Multi-Doctor story, but we can all dream :D

As for Davros I'd happily see him again. There was a lot of potential in his Series 4 appearance - some explored, most of it not. Julian Bleach was brilliant and I'd happily see him in the role again as well - but not yet. As much as I like recurring characters I don't want the show to begin feeling like a comic book where its villains are on an endless cycle of diminishing returns - I really don't want to see The Master again yet either. He's had two big stories in the past five series and that's enough for me when there is so much room for new creations. I'd say I'd be happy to see Davros again perhaps around the time of Series 10, and The Master some time after that - though I suspect I shan't get what I want regarding The Master.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect our greatest chance of seeing Captain Jack again will be in 2015's Series 9. It'll be the tenth anniversary of Doctor Who's TV revival and although I doubt the Beeb will stretch the budget to do anything special for an occasion such as that (it's nowhere near the sort of milestone that the 50th was, and truly only matters to fans) I think they might make a few nods to the early RTD era - with Rose having returned and reappeared as The Moment as well now, I think Captain Jack would be a likely contender as a reference to Series 1. :)Unless pigs fly and they get Eccleston to appear in a Multi-Doctor story, but we can all dream :D

As for Davros I'd happily see him again. There was a lot of potential in his Series 4 appearance - some explored, most of it not. Julian Bleach was brilliant and I'd happily see him in the role again as well - but not yet. As much as I like recurring characters I don't want the show to begin feeling like a comic book where its villains are on an endless cycle of diminishing returns - I really don't want to see The Master again yet either. He's had two big stories in the past five series and that's enough for me when there is so much room for new creations. I'd say I'd be happy to see Davros again perhaps around the time of Series 10, and The Master some time after that - though I suspect I shan't get what I want regarding The Master.

Can you imagine the scenario if Chris David and Matt were to all return for a one off adventure and Jacks there with all 3 of the NU who docs plus Peter.

it would be quite funny to see 9,10,11 and 12 all tell Jack to stop flirting :P perhaps having river there as well and her and jack flirting wildly with one another and fighting over which doctor is sexiest. now that is something i think would be hilarious if written correctly