Options

Big changes coming

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd settle for stories that have a beginning, middle and end, in that order.
    adams22 wrote:
    Yes please! I appreciate that time travel stories don't always have to be totally linear, but I'd rather that this sort of thing was limited to the occasional story rather than becoming the norm. Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't think I'm the only one who finds that a 45 minute TV episode is much easier to follow when it has a beginning, middle and end.

Asylum of the Daleks
    Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
    A Town Called Mercy
    The Power of Three
    The Bells of Saint John
    The Rings of Akhaten
    Cold War
    Hide
    The Crimson Horror
    Nightmare in Silver
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    Asylum of the Daleks
    Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
    A Town Called Mercy
    The Power of Three
    The Bells of Saint John
    The Rings of Akhaten
    Cold War
    Hide
    The Crimson Horror
    Nightmare in Silver

Shhh! Don't let actual facts get in the way of things! That's just silly.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    RTD managed it every year for four years. Then Moffat himself showed he was capable of sticking to that sort of schedule in series 5.
    I don't doubt he's capable of it, but what I meant was it mattered whether the Beeb could afford to pour the resources into it.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I don't doubt he's capable of it, but what I meant was it mattered whether the Beeb could afford to pour the resources into it.

Well I suppose we'll never know the specifics of budget etc, but if the budget is lower now then that just seems crazy when it is still supposed to be one of the flagship bbc shows. You would think with the international interest they would be willing to increase the budget if anything.
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if they changed it back to 20+ episodes a year that would indicate a large budget increase. Capaldi could do 12 episodes a year and McGann could do 12 a year. :) That would give us a lot of Doctor Who.

Or, better yet, let's have some spinoff series again.

But, then again, the first rule of Doctor Who is "The Moffat Lies". :)