Options

12 to break Claras heart ? (spec)

Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have allready been told he is going to be a darker and more allien doctor. It would also be a different and more shocking exit if they parted on bad terms. How many companions have walked out of the doctors life because they no longer like him or agree with him ?.Durring her time with 11 she was warned. Emma told her he had ice in his heart. Durring the same episode Clara herself said they are all ghosts to him. Does Clara really want to suffer or have to sacrafice more then she allready has for him ?. No offence but she is not his "impossible girl" anymore. She is back to her "normal" self a young woman with a teaching carrer and possible new love interest. Only one way to find out what is next for the doctor and his freinds(s) if you include Danny Pink the new boy . Roll on August 23rd!.:)

Comments

• Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    We have allready been told he is going to be a darker and more allien doctor.
    I don't think we have. It's been said that he's different, apparently less cuddly and perhaps less likable, but it still remains to be seen how 'dark' his outlook is.
    How many companions have walked out of the doctors life because they no longer like him or agree with him ?
    Most recently, Martha, I suppose.
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True about Martha. However 10 did see her and Mickey as part of his farewell tour. So I think she forgave him. After all she wouldn't have met Mickey if it hadn't been for the doctor.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Most recently, Martha, I suppose.

To an extent I would agree with Martha, although her departure to leave seemed to be more an issue of (a) dealing with her unrequited love and (b) needing to support her family recover from the events of Last of the Time Lords.

I think Tegan is perhaps a stronger example, from her final scene in Resurrection of the Daleks:

TEGAN: I'm not coming with you.
    DOCTOR: I beg your pardon?
    TEGAN: I'm tired of it.
    DOCTOR: What's the matter?
    TEGAN: A lot of good people have died today. I think I'm sick of it.
    DOCTOR: You think I wanted it this way?
    TEGAN: No. It's just that I don't think I can go on.
    DOCTOR: You want to stay on Earth.
    TEGAN: My Aunt Vanessa said, when I became an air stewardess, if you stop enjoying it, give it up.
    DOCTOR: Tegan
    TEGAN: It's stopped being fun, Doctor. Goodbye. Turlough.
    (They shake hands.)
    TURLOUGH: Goodbye.
    TEGAN: I'll miss you both.
    DOCTOR: No, no, don't leave, not like this.
    TEGAN: I must. I'm sorry. Goodbye.
    (Tegan runs out of the warehouse in tears.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I probably wasent the only fan who jumped for joy when Teegan left.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I probably wasent the only fan who jumped for joy when Teegan left.

I was gutted at the time but funny that watching those episodes now, I much prefer Nyssa.

And Turlough when he's wearing trunks.
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have allready been told he is going to be a darker and more allien doctor.
    I don't think we have. It's been said that he's different, apparently less cuddly and perhaps less likable, but it still remains to be seen how 'dark' his outlook is.

I agree with johnnysaucepn. In addition we also have been told, (in relation to Clara) that he is still the same person so I don't think that much will change with Clara, except less flirting.

I can't remember the exact wording but it was in one of the recent interviews of Moffat where he was asked quite specifically about that relationship.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I think Tegan is perhaps a stronger example, from her final scene in Resurrection of the Daleks:

TEGAN: I'm not coming with you.
    DOCTOR: I beg your pardon?
    TEGAN: I'm tired of it.
    DOCTOR: What's the matter?
    TEGAN: A lot of good people have died today. I think I'm sick of it.
    DOCTOR: You think I wanted it this way?
    TEGAN: No. It's just that I don't think I can go on.
    DOCTOR: You want to stay on Earth.
    TEGAN: My Aunt Vanessa said, when I became an air stewardess, if you stop enjoying it, give it up.
    DOCTOR: Tegan
    TEGAN: It's stopped being fun, Doctor. Goodbye. Turlough.
    (They shake hands.)
    TURLOUGH: Goodbye.
    TEGAN: I'll miss you both.
    DOCTOR: No, no, don't leave, not like this.
    TEGAN: I must. I'm sorry. Goodbye.
    (Tegan runs out of the warehouse in tears.)

She then came back as the Tardis dissapeared, touched her forehead, then said "Doctor, I will miss you."