Those who disagree/mock Denise Fergus are wrong.

1272829303133»

Comments

• anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In once sense, the deterioration of the discussion is consistent. This is how the 'justice for james' crowd behave. Look at the treatment of Maggie Atkinson and David Ramsbotham - both castigated with demands for their heads - just for giving an opinion.

Of course the demands failed. Atkinson remains in her job - a highly respected professional. Ramsbotham remained in his job and even got a peerage. Both are considered pre-eminant in their areas of expertise (Atkinson in child welfare, Ramsbotham in the penal system). Authorities listen to them. They do not listen to Denise Fergus and the behaviour of her and the crowd who follow her merely serve to repel more people than they attract.

They are bullies.
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    I also think it is time to lock this thread.
    I have grown very uneasy about the 'fox hunt' that has been going on with one FM relentlessly pursuing (bordering on harassment) another FM.
    I have come close to reporting that member but it's not something I do.

I concur.

The veiled 'I'm only asking' has been consistent, they started after the blatant 'hypocrit' insults because the clique was separated.

The baiting on both threads by one member in particular has really been obvious, at one point I was going to list them all, but that would be petty.

Ada, look at your posts over the last three days.

Are you commenting on the subject? Or forum members?
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    anais32 wrote: »
    In once sense, the deterioration of the discussion is consistent. This is how the 'justice for james' crowd behave. Look at the treatment of Maggie Atkinson and David Ramsbotham - both castigated with demands for their heads - just for giving an opinion.

Of course the demands failed. Atkinson remains in her job - a highly respected professional. Ramsbotham remained in his job and even got a peerage. Both are considered pre-eminant in their areas of expertise (Atkinson in child welfare, Ramsbotham in the penal system). Authorities listen to them. They do not listen to Denise Fergus and the behaviour of her and the crowd who follow her merely serve to repel more people than they attract.

They are bullies.

For some reason you can not have a proper discussion on this subject, anyone who comes at it with any form of logic or a response that isn't filled with hatred is pounced on by people who think two 10 year old boys should have been locked away until the day they die or worse sentenced to death and are told they must sympathise with the two murderers.

I am leaving this thread now as it really has got ridiculous over night.
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - people are arguing the toss about irrelevant, silly things now.

It's all about having the last word now....maybe its time the mods locked it (hint).
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    An ill thought out post.
    Unfortunately cannot delete it now

If you alert the post in question the mods could remove it for you.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »
    If you alert the post in question the mods could remove it for you.

Thank you
  • MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all about having the last word now....maybe its time the mods locked it (hint).

So many posts saying that the murderers deserve to be executed, or they should be locked up forever or at least for decades. Amongst the hundreds of murders that have happened over the last 20 years, this is one is supposedly so bad, that it generates more anger (and on here, more discussion) than any other and it apparantly requires punishment fit for the very worst of murderers.

So many pages...yet no one ever explains why they think this murder is amongst the very worst, or why the murderers are as dangerous as those locked up for the same length of time as they want T&V jailed for.
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    It's such a shame this thread has deteriorated over night. It was a clearly thought out, unbiased adult discussion and one which I found extremely interesting from both points of view. Shame the pedant has spoiled it.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that using 'placed' was a perfectly apt and understandable and truthful word to use.

To assume anais' sympathy on such 'evidence', which is essentially your own 'perception' as well, is a little worrying.

Arguments, discussions cannot be carried out with accusations such as this being made.

I'm sure you can see that - it becomes impossible to say anything.

And to be honest, whilst I was and remain horrified by the crime itself, and feel deep sympathy for Mrs F, I can spare some compassion for Tand V, if only because they were and must have been, deeply damaged CHILDREN at the time of the event.

It's not impossible to feel both, nor does it mean I condone or feel nothing but repugnance for the crime.

I agree with every word of this post.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In both this and the other James Bulger thread, Ada Rabble has repeatedly refused to listen to any point of view other than her own. If you dare to not agree with her wholeheartedly you are dismissed as at best a "wind up" or a "patronising hypocrite" to at worst "sympathising with evil murderers".

Reasoning with her is pointless as she clearly doesn't want to consider other viewpoints. Both threads should probably be locked/deleted as they're going round in circles, which is a shame as there has been some very insightful comments and information, much of which I didn't know until I read the threads.

I said way back at the beginning of the other thread that I knew it would end up this way and probably will be precisely the same in 10, 20 years time.

I have nothing but sympathy and admiration for families who cope in any way they can in the aftermath of tragedies such as this. And I mean ALL families.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    She had her chance to confront one of them and she walked away

If she had confronted him she would have been in trouble. So what do you suggest that she do?

I believe she knows their new identities but she is not able to release any photo or ID's because of legal reasons.
  • ClearviewClearview Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    If she had confronted him she would have been in trouble. So what do you suggest that she do?

I believe she knows their new identities but she is not able to release any photo or ID's because of legal reasons.

Well in interviews she says doesn't. She has claimed that she has been passed on information which she knew must be true: like Venables was married with children (since proven to be incorrect).

Re her tracking down Thompson in 2004 that could well be true. As we now know, the NOTW hacked Thompson's phone from 2002 until around 2006. So all those stories reported in the NOTW re Thompson might well be down to his phone being hacked.
This discussion has been closed.