Options

The People's Strictly For Comic Relief (9pm 04/03/15)

Comments

• Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    It was admittedly close between Cassidy and Anna, but Anna edged it in both her individual dance and the group dance for me; a 9.5/9.5 to a 10.5/10 (because seriously, that Charleston was one of the fastest things to have ever existed). Special mention to Trishna, though; if she'd been later in the show, she'd have got at least one 10.
  • Options
    soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Brilliant show - 1 of the best hours on tv this year so far - I want them all to win :D
    Exactly what i thought. An hour of thoroughly inspiring people having an amazing time. Wonderful show. They all did an amazing job but Cassidy got my vote simply mesmerising for me.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soexcited wrote: »
    Exactly what i thought. An hour of thoroughly inspiring people having an amazing time. Wonderful show. They all did an amazing job but Cassidy got my vote simply mesmerising for me.

A brilliant show and just amazing that they ALL danced so well after so little time. We had proper music, proper dresses and proper stars. Marvellous !!! :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I loved them all but I went for Trishna on personality and Phil on performance. Phil would have out-hammed Dame Shirl herself and I loved that. Trishna was amazing to have pulled off a content-heavy jive with her fatigue issues.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've been very impressed by the level of performance by all the dancers tonight. The lack of self-consciousness is incredible. They are less wooden than half the celebs that go on the show.

Agree completely. They all performed brilliantly. Such a lovely show.

Anna was fab - she must be the best partner Robin's ever had :).
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fab show - they are ALL winners! :D
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,641
    Forum Member
    TeaCow wrote: »
    I do respect all these people as they have done some incredible things but 3 Couples got 40... Okay?? Probably because Craig isn't there

I think the judges were being generous on this happy & worthwhile occasion. It will be up to the viewers to decide the winner though. I dread to think what Craig would have said. :o
  • Options
    MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missy Moo wrote: »
    Mark Gatiss

That's him - ta! Though Phil is a bit more chubby cheeked :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I think Craig would have gone along with the spirit of the thing entirely. He's not stupid and he knows there's a time and a place to give someone a 6 because of spatulistic thumbs and this wouldn't be it.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a wonderful, inspirational programme. I spent the entire hour with a great big smile on my face and tears in my eyes.

I hope they can do another Peoples Strictly for Comic Relief next time.
  • Options
    sloggaslogga Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Ian is such a class act when it comes to choreographing elegant routines. Get him back on the main show.

Yes yes yes
  • Options
    wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Loved this (and definitely proves there's scope for a non-celeb series so we get some glitter twice a year :))

But I have to go with Trishna (a jive for a girl with MS?) and Cassidy (awesome paso). They didn't just have "ordinary person does Strictly", but huge extra challenges too.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    I think the judges were being generous on this happy & worthwhile occasion. It will be up to the viewers to decide the winner though. I dread to think what Craig would have said. :o

Diabolical dawwwliiiing! :D
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the limited training hours they were allowed, this was the equivalent of a Week 1 show on the main program and on that basis the performances were well up to Week 1 standard.

Anna shone for her dancing and performance, but everyone got to a good level and I would say they all danced to their potential given their backgrounds and the training time available. The big surprise to me was how good the performance levels were - from all of them.

This may be the only show of its type and I have to give the producer a round of applause because the whole series from start to finish has been done very well and had exactly the right feel. Great choice of 'People' and the right pros to look after them. I think they matched the dances to the contestants well, but maybe could have selected dances which suited Trisha and Michael a bit better.

With hindsight, I would suggest that if they do it again, they be allowed more training time.

Well done to everyone involved - it had the best of the Strictly spirit about it and it was right that these 6 people got recognition for who they are and what they have done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching on i-player. What a wonderful show. They all deserve to win. So inspirational. I'm kind of glad the vote has closed cos I wouldn't've known who to vote for. :):):)

Bit bittersweet this evening for me tonight though. My mum-in-law passed away last week and would have so loved it. :(

Good memories though.
  • Options
    MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with all the positive comments about the show.

It was truly an inspiring, heart-warming, touching and enjoyable show.
    Best TV viewing for me in a long time. :)

I hope this opens the doors for a non-celeb Strictly - it would be a big hit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MaureenG wrote: »
    Agree with all the positive comments about the show.

It was truly an inspiring, heart-warming, touching and enjoyable show.
    Best TV viewing for me in a long time. :)

I hope this opens the doors for a non-celeb Strictly - it would be a big hit.

I like the idea as long as they are people like this lot who have given so much for others. Would certainly be better than some of the celebs who are only famous for being famous.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant show they were all fantastic I think Anna will win but Heather just edged it for me her dance with Iain was beautiful, I really hope Iain gets a place on the regular series this year.
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Okay, Anna to win lol

Yes, voted for Anna, a lot to learn in her routine and she shone in the dance off as well.
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I would love a whole series of this . Beats the Russel Grants , Lisa Riley , Anne Widdecome hands down

I did enjoy tonight's show but want to see non-celeb versions of it confined to Comic Relief or Children in Need etc. Want to see celebs going out their comfort zone and quite apart from my personal preference I don't think a non-celeb series would attract viewers ; this series hasn't had particularly good ratings up to the final and without good ratings Strictly would come an end.
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very impressed with Janette Manrara - she has a bubbly personality and her dancing expresses that beautifully. When she was dancing to Goldfinger I thought that in looks and personality she could be Shirley Bassey's daughter. I hope she is going to be in the main series.
  • Options
    Polly-TPolly-T Posts: 21,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    I was very impressed with Janette Manrara - she has a bubbly personality and her dancing expresses that beautifully. When she was dancing to Goldfinger I thought that in looks and personality she could be Shirley Bassey's daughter. I hope she is going to be in the main series.
    Totally agree Janette has to be back next series. She was amazing last night as she was in the last series. Natalie was fabulous also - to produce a Paso of that standard with someone who has physical difficulties was emotional
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    Polly-T wrote: »
    Totally agree Janette has to be back next series. She was amazing last night as she was in the last series. Natalie was fabulous also - to produce a Paso of that standard with someone who has physical difficulties was emotional

Totally agree, she's my favourite pro on strictly now that Flavia has left. Janette is a great asset to strictly so I really hope she's back next series. She has a wonderful feisty personality and is a lovely little dancer - she was great with Jake last series and brought him out of his shell. She was so lovely and patient with Phil - he was so brave getting through his knee injury and putting on that great performance.

I'm glad Janette is getting some good comments because IMO she sometimes gets a lot of undeserved flak on here.
  • Options
    Phebes4361Phebes4361 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    ok, I am biased here as Phil IS a real friend of mine and he is just an amazing chap and so caring and supportive to all those kids and to us adults too..

they are all amazing
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phebes4361 wrote: »
    ok, I am biased here as Phil IS a real friend of mine and he is just an amazing chap and so caring and supportive to all those kids and to us adults too..

they are all amazing

I think his friendly, gentle & caring nature very much came across in his VTs. He was so lovely with Janette and was very pleased to be partnered with her.

As you said though - all the contestants who took part were amazing in their own ways - it's been a while since I've really enjoyed strictly - I'd much rather have some contestants like these in the main show rather than some of the ghastly so called 'celebrities' they subject us to!