Paul O'Grady - 'The Savage Years' (Book 3)

2»

Comments

• mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there will be a Christmas special and a second series so Paul must've loved it :D He only intended to stay for 6 days!

Oh that's good :)
    Even our dog loved watching it :D I recorded the last one for him :o
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul will be chatting on 'The Graham Norton Show' next Friday about the autobiography and the tv series at Battersea, as well as also mentioning he's role in 'Little Crackers' (about his childhood) :)
  • mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul will be chatting on 'The Graham Norton Show' next Friday about the autobiography and the tv series at Battersea, as well as also mentioning he's role in 'Little Crackers' (about his childhood) :)

Oh! will watch that :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! will watch that :)

Me too :D I think i've become slightly addicted to Paul's work at the moment! What with the Battersea dogs series and re-reading the books :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the book! I'm about halfway through at the moment. There are so many good stories! :)
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I didn't find it as funny as his previous autobiographies, I expect partly because of the much more serious subject matter. I was most miffed to see Batley Variety Club misspelled as Bartley Variety Club!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Paul on The Graham Norton Show tomorrow :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you missed Paul on TGNS then it's on iPlayer. Didn't say too much (anything new) but it was so weird to see Paul being interviewed and not the other way around!
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed savage years, so now going to read his 2nd book for 1st time, hope he does another book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul will be on 'Chattyman' tonight.

I also hope there will be another book but how 'The Savage Years' is nicely wrapped up sort of made me think that was the end :(
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally finished all three books now, and would echo all the reviews that they're very well written and extremely funny. :)

Considering Paul has said 'Still Standing' is the last one, I was very disappointed that he skipped 25 years. We had nothing about the years 1988-2012.

I am hoping this was deliberate, and a final book is in the pipeline.

His Mother, Aunty Chrissie and Aunty Annie were complete legends! :cool::cool: Especially his Mum.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're great. So funny but more scarily..real! :eek: It would be brilliant. Even maybe as a one-off special like the BBC did for Nigel Slater's book. Would be amazing!

Toast was a great drama... Paul's book definitely require similar treatment ;)
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Paul and the books :)