Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MDNA is the highest grossing tour of 2012 with 141 million apparently. Lady Gaga's BTW tour has only earned 76 million in comparison with double the dates and bigger venues in most cases.

I remember at the beginning of the year people were saying Gaga would slash the Sticky & Sweet record and gloating about how Madonna was going to flop.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MDNA is the highest grossing tour of 2012 with 141 million apparently. Lady Gaga's BTW tour has only earned 76 million in comparison with double the dates and bigger venues in most cases.

I remember at the beginning of the year people were saying Gaga would slash the Sticky & Sweet record and gloating about how Madonna was going to flop.

I know..wasn't $500 million quoted on here? and it was laughable how so many actually believed that 2 million people in the UK wanted tickets
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lingerie line??? hmmmmm well i have seen images of new stuff being added for 2013...so perhaps maybe yes??? either way its cool we will have new images for 2013 nontheless :)

As some of us predicted...2013 will see (for the first half at least) side projects for Truth Or Dare line and later she will focus on music :cool: either way so cool and enough time for her to be inspired too.

Overall, great year of M!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen this before but its an interview with CYnthia in 2005 to promote Confessions and its an insight into some home life details...man i forgot the severity of the horse injury! I remember it being in so many papers that August! And then two months later Hung Up video premiered and its high octaine choreo....man....Madonna is simply epic!

anyways...check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xlxo8RHres
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another i havent seen with Madonna in 1991 promoting Truth Or Dare and speaking openly to a properly grilling interviewer....its really quite something and something to showcase that indeed 20 years on Madonna still has that power....which also leaves a warm feeling inside hat she achieved "goals" at the end of this interview :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6MbrPGog1E&feature=endscreen&NR=1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lingerie line??? hmmmmm well i have seen images of new stuff being added for 2013...so perhaps maybe yes??? either way its cool we will have new images for 2013 nontheless :)

As some of us predicted...2013 will see (for the first half at least) side projects for Truth Or Dare line and later she will focus on music :cool: either way so cool and enough time for her to be inspired too.

Overall, great year of M!

Can Madonna be the primary model for her lingerie line? Especially with that ass :p

I think on the inspiration front Madonna is armed with ideas, especially with the key events that have happened on tour what with the Russian incident, political progadana/media against M, ageism etc. Plus from a cultural point of view, especially in South America where she seemed to have a riot of a time. These events have clearly inspired her in some way or form if she already visited the studio even if its just to drop some memos of that she'll expand upon etc. It is exciting times.

Let's hope that M goes for the Dare side of Truth or Dare hehehe :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Can Madonna be the primary model for her lingerie line? Especially with that ass :p

I think on the inspiration front Madonna is armed with ideas, especially with the key events that have happened on tour what with the Russian incident, political progadana/media against M, ageism etc. Plus from a cultural point of view, especially in South America where she seemed to have a riot of a time. These events have clearly inspired her in some way or form if she already visited the studio even if its just to drop some memos of that she'll expand upon etc. It is exciting times.

Let's hope that M goes for the Dare side of Truth or Dare hehehe :D

Yeah we have had a lot of bold/frank Truth...time for DARE again :cool:

And totally can for lingerie ;) YEEEH!!!

And totally...it is interesting...the past two days i have been so influenced by Bedtime Stories...i mean man i have always put it so low and i feel so bad because its really helping me right now...her productions with Dallas Austin, Babyface and Nellee Hooper are just sensational....and its the home truths she hit the 5 years prior to the making of the album that she really went all out Urban/R&B with BS....epic!

I really do rank it so much higher now in my top 50 albums ever :cool:....i dont think from now on i will ever name a "least favorutie" for Madonna because i always change my mind :)

But its true...all these side aspects in the media/politics it is massively influential i mean the fact that Madonna can inspire artists, popstars, bands, individualists across her 30 years from Britney to Marilyn Manson, Kylie to Bjork, Justin to erm...Justin ;) Rihanna to David grohl (30 Seconds To Mars) AND everyone inbetween.

I feel we are ready for confrontation and epic battle bred out of this universe-ness like only ]\/[ can!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also been listening to Joi - The Pendulum Vibe (the album released early 94 that garnered Madonnas interest in Dallas Austin collaborating on BS)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendulum_Vibe

Its a great album...and again showcasing Madonna has always had alternative tastes all round to influence her...and i hope she does again with album 13!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we have had a lot of bold/frank Truth...time for DARE again :cool:

And totally can for lingerie ;) YEEEH!!!

And totally...it is interesting...the past two days i have been so influenced by Bedtime Stories...i mean man i have always put it so low and i feel so bad because its really helping me right now...her productions with Dallas Austin, Babyface and Nellee Hooper are just sensational....and its the home truths she hit the 5 years prior to the making of the album that she really went all out Urban/R&B with BS....epic!

I really do rank it so much higher now in my top 50 albums ever :cool:....i dont think from now on i will ever name a "least favorutie" for Madonna because i always change my mind :)

But its true...all these side aspects in the media/politics it is massively influential i mean the fact that Madonna can inspire artists, popstars, bands, individualists across her 30 years from Britney to Marilyn Manson, Kylie to Bjork, Justin to erm...Justin ;) Rihanna to David grohl (30 Seconds To Mars) AND everyone inbetween.

I feel we are ready for confrontation and epic battle bred out of this universe-ness like only ]\/[ can!

Truth is so plain so flaccid so boring and lifeless! Dare is where it's at. Dare is where the balls are and Madonna has bigger balls than any man alive ;) Perhaps the truth can be incorporated in the most ballsiest and shocking ways...hehehehe

Oh absolutely Madonna will not mess around. Its pretty clear she wasn't happy with how things were handled so she's gonna have those boxing gloves on to smash that competition. I say 'competition' but you can't compete with a woman scorned and you don't scorn Madonna without some repurcussions oooh I'm looking forward to it. :cool:

Look at all the records and stats Madonna has generated with minimal promotion at 54...imagine what she can do with a working machine firing on all cylinders behind her? No one can touch her then :p
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Apparently, the video/photoshoot is promo for the upcoming truth or dare lingerie line

It hasn't been confirmed that the photoshoot is for the lingerie line. That was just a fan speculation. It was only said that's it's not a for a video for a fourth single from MDNA.
    I don't think they would spend 2 days on a shoot for a lingerie line and use someone of Stephen Klein's reputation to shoot it. Plus some of the pictures seemed dark with gun imagery. Her lingerie line is in Macy's, a department store in the US which is kind of mainstream and conservative. They would not want an ad campaign that was dark and had guns in it. Stephen also said on his twitter he's doing a "secret project" in Argentina. So I don't think the photo shoot is for the lingerie line. It's for something else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Truth is so plain so flaccid so boring and lifeless! Dare is where it's at. Dare is where the balls are and Madonna has bigger balls than any man alive ;) Perhaps the truth can be incorporated in the most ballsiest and shocking ways...hehehehe

Oh absolutely Madonna will not mess around. Its pretty clear she wasn't happy with how things were handled so she's gonna have those boxing gloves on to smash that competition. I say 'competition' but you can't compete with a woman scorned and you don't scorn Madonna without some repurcussions oooh I'm looking forward to it. :cool:

Look at all the records and stats Madonna has generated with minimal promotion at 54...imagine what she can do with a working machine firing on all cylinders behind her? No one can touch her then :p

Totally...i had this vision/idea in my head for a Dare scenario which is similar to how i envisage the "Till Death" imaginary video i have/had which is Madonna dividing herself into masculine and femenine roles and becoming at one with herself...thus launching a unisex fragrance as well as a fragrance for the Men Who Dare ;)

And totally....Madonna has mean bollocks and its epic...they take a pounding ;)

And it is a total force when she does fire on all cylinders...i mean when i got in from work (doing a staff nativity shhhh! lol) a little later i decided to explore some footage of M and when she does ruffle feathers she does it like no other and for the greater good...and i really do love that finally she is being acknowledged for it....so for her to have new material to reinforce it for album 13 i genuinely think and feel that will be a way forward...and yes fire on all cyninders....album 13 will be out when she is 55/56 for the era and she will be right and ready to go all out there for a big era this decade....i sense it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    It hasn't been confirmed that the photoshoot is for the lingerie line. That was just a fan speculation. It was only said that's it's not a for a video for a fourth single from MDNA.
    I don't think they would spend 2 days on a shoot for a lingerie line and use someone of Stephen Klein's reputation to shoot it. Plus some of the pictures seemed dark with gun imagery. Her lingerie line is in Macy's, a department store in the US which is kind of mainstream and conservative. They would not want an ad campaign that was dark and had guns in it. Stephen also said on his twitter he's doing a "secret project" in Argentina. So I don't think the photo shoot is for the lingerie line. It's for something else.

I do think it is going to be for some kind of film side project....a bit like what was heavily hinted when she started the S.America leg of the MDNA tour....new film, new album...well i think this may be a film and photography project for something across 2013 perhaps....and until its announced i cannot wait.

Again its that blur of the music, the style and i cannot wait to see what M and KLEIN have done this time :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it's for the ToD lingerie line coming out in 2013. Rumours of this Marvin Gaye cover in Feb 2013 aren't dying down either:D 2012 has been a great year for us fans but 2013 seems to be shaping up well if we get new projects/music
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what i love the idea of having these smaller side projects across 2013 to tide us over until new music for 2014 :) It then means there will be new genuine Madonna treats across every year ;)
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think it's for the ToD lingerie line coming out in 2013. Rumours of this Marvin Gaye cover in Feb 2013 aren't dying down either:D 2012 has been a great year for us fans but 2013 seems to be shaping up well if we get new projects/music

My friend who lives in the US tells me the lingerie line is already out in Macy's there. They are using a poster with Madonna from the GGW video to promote it. I can't see them doing a whole photo shoot with her dancers for the lingerie line. I also read that Stephen Klein was seen shooting her at one of her concerts in NYC. Perhaps, it's an extra something for the concert DVD of the tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from HRHs FB

"Billboard.com have just published the results of their 2012 Readers Poll. Madonna was named 2012 MVP and came at #1 in four different categories including Favorite Billboard 200 No. 1 (MDNA), Best Tour (MDNA Tour) and Best TV Performance (Super Bowl Halftime show). "There's only one queen..." Congratulations Madonna!"

YEEH!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    My friend who lives in the US tells me the lingerie line is already out in Macy's there. They are using a poster with Madonna from the GGW video to promote it. I can't see them doing a whole photo shoot with her dancers for the lingerie line. I also read that Stephen Klein was seen shooting her at one of her concerts in NYC. Perhaps, it's an extra something for the concert DVD of the tour.

i reckon there will be something for the DVD and this M/KLEIN project....we will all know in new year :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the stats

1. Madonna (26%)
    2. Frank Ocean (12%)
    3. One Direction (11%)

Favorite Billboard 200 No. 1
    1. Madonna, “MDNA” (12%)
    2. 2 Chainz, “Based on a T.R.U. Story” (11%)
    3. Adam Lambert, “Trespassing” (9%)

Best Tour
    1. Madonna (43%)
    2. One Direction (13%)
    3. Justin Bieber (9%)

Best TV Performance
    1. Madonna at the Super Bowl (38%)
    2. Adele at the Grammys (20%)
    3. One Direction on ‘The Today Show’ (9%)
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone started a thread on the main page celebrating our Queen's highest grossing tour of 2012 yet? Billboard has now made it official.

Given the amount of ageist and sexist posts targeted at her this year, maybe we should rub it in the faces of the haters.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been discussed but she performed Don't Cry For Me Argentina at the Buenos Aires show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJjsJkS1Z4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know..wasn't $500 million quoted on here? and it was laughable how so many actually believed that 2 million people in the UK wanted tickets

LOL yes it's funny how the tone in the OTHER AT has changed from "it's going to be the biggest grossing tour ever" to "she's done so well in only her second tour".:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna has been ill for a while now and has mentioned it a few times during her South American shows but last night she was really ill and had to cut the entire transgression section. She really is a trooper but I can't help but feel she is physically at breaking point now because of this tour. A long rest is needed:)

I think she has been struggling with a chest infection and apparently she has been advised not to do many of the recent shows and during the speech in (I think) Buenos Aires she said she was sick and couldn't breathe
  • BoobobBoobob Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    I love Madonna and have been a fan of hers for years.

Coming on stage so late for her concert is beyond rude, fans have been waiting for hours, the ones having to stand for all that time is horrible. I get the rain was a nightmare but couldn't there at least have been an announcement explaing that she would be coming on so late. The poor sods just waited and waited, it's rude and disgusting in that respect. Without those fans buying a ticket she wouldn't be the touring force she is, i just don't get her flippant attitude regarding all of this. She is damaging her touring legacy IMO.

If she is ill, why don't they say before the concert, why don't they say the first part of the concert is not happening etc.....I JUST DON'T GET IT!........ there is no communication between Madonna and her fans regarding the late starts.

Thank God she has only one concert left because a friend of mine who went to one of her shows said they are never going to a Madonna concert again because of the late start without any explanation. They had to arrange transport home late and had to miss work the next day because they were so tired. Piff!

Madonna I love you but have some repsect for your fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boobob, I agree completely. In Abu Dhabi she didn't come on until 11.45:eek: and I absolutely think she will find it much harder to shift tickets next time because of the late starts. She has always been a bit late but not to this extent and there's no reason for it because she arrives at the stadium in the afternoon for sound checks so I can't see what the delay is

Like I said, I don't think she's doing herself any favours with this and it will put people off going again. I always book time off work but some people can't just do that and have to go on work nights and then go to work the following day and if they aren't getting home until 2am then that's no good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, I think she has over exerted herself on this tour. She is doing 2-3 shows a week and a hell of a lot of travelling and she also does intense workouts in between, I think she needs a good rest and in a selfish way I hope there's new music to come soon but it really is best if she takes a long rest now. She's been ill for quite a while and I don't think we will be seeing such lengthy tours from her in the future