Options

Just been done by the Avon lady!

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
and i'm not happy! She promised me TWO bubble baths for the price of one (I assume it's some Christmas offer) yet she brings two and charges me for 2.

I told her i'll stick to one then and she said it will cost her an arm and a leg sending the other bottle back. I was a bit shy in front of her (long story) so didn't put up a fuss but how do I tell her I don't want her anymore? I barely buy anything thesedays, just tidbits.

Anyone else have Avin?

Comments

• Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should've stood your ground and pointed out the offer, or at least asked why she hadn't given you the offer - is there a way you can get in contact with her and discuss it again?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear
  • Options
    dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy online next time. Avon has some nice stuff now and again, and online, if there's a buy one, get one free offer, you won't be diddled out of it.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Be more forceful. How many others is she ripping off?

You must have her phone number as all Avon ladies put that on.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have her number but I won't ring.

Avon does have some nice stuff but a lot of it is not so good. I bought two eye pencils that snapped off in my bare hands! I understand mine and other's customers money pays her rent etc but couldn't she make goods that are at least useable!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avon are having a sale. 3 for £5 on bath shite
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the thread title and thought it was some bloke bragging about his latest conquest... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the thread title and thought it was some bloke bragging about his latest conquest... :o

I was hoping the word 'in' was left out of the title by mistake
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well she is givng out bubble baths, even if it's only one, so you never know what might happen next.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Indeed.

Ding Dong!
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »

lol...:D

I'll that for 50p
  • Options
    mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to tell her to her face,
    Just leave a note when she leaves another book, say your going to order online from now on .....
    I stopped buying Avon ages ago, found it bit same ole

Do quite like their Bronzer, but I buy it on ebay :D
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and i'm not happy! She promised me TWO bubble baths for the price of one (I assume it's some Christmas offer) yet she brings two and charges me for 2.

I told her i'll stick to one then and she said it will cost her an arm and a leg sending the other bottle back. I was a bit shy in front of her (long story) so didn't put up a fuss but how do I tell her I don't want her anymore? I barely buy anything thesedays, just tidbits.

Anyone else have Avin?

Will this be the sequel to this thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    Will this be the sequel to this thread?

The one where she shares that the reason she is shy is because of a horrifying incident at Asda involving a tin of tomato soup?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one where she shares that the reason she is shy is because of a horrifying incident at Asda involving a tin of tomato soup?

LMAO :D

You really are "geniusgirl" :D:cool:
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, so that would also be the reason for starting to shop online with Tesco then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    Ah, so that would also be the reason for starting to shop online with Tesco then?

*taps nose* you got it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps she looks through the avon booklet in the dark when she is having sex with all her clothes on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    perhaps she looks through the avon booklet in the dark when she is having sex with all her clothes on.

Which would explain why she needs two bottles of bubble bath, she can't see in the dark how much to put in?
  • Options
    CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the correct spelling is Yvonne

it does sound like Avon I understand
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to tell her to her face,
    Just leave a note when she leaves another book, say your going to order online from now on .....
    I stopped buying Avon ages ago, found it bit same ole

Do quite like their Bronzer, but I buy it on ebay :D

Or just ask Avon to stop sending books. That's how I got those annoying Betterware people off my case. They'd drop off their magazine, then ring your doorbell a week later asking for it back. Nuisance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CatWolf wrote: »
    I think the correct spelling is Yvonne

it does sound like Avon I understand

Yvonne from Avon? Maybe she's the mastermind behind the scam :eek:
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She conned you? She ain't no lady!
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

Anyone else have Avin?

Get shot of her, they always seem to want more those Avon ladies. As others say buy online & just tell her to stop calling (but more politely). I can't abide any of them doorstep catalogue sales things and don't find them helpful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    It doesnt coat her anything to return items. My mum is an avon lady and it's free to return...she just sends a box back with the driver who delivers the orders...