The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Just had a look, all his DVDs except for Ned Kelly are a really good price, with free delivery too.

10 Things I Hate About You £3.99
    Knights Tale £4.99
    BBM £5.99
    Candy £5.49 - that's a really good price, it hasn't been out that long
    Casanova - £4.99

Nice to see they aren't milking Heath's passing.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?simpleSearchString=heath+ledger&pGroupID=-1&searchUID=-4507830667616963988&adultFlag=false&primaryID=-1

bought two hands and 10 things myself as my copies are so old they are on Video:eek:.
    Loved the photos too...i think the the saying that most summed up Heath in them was " too cool for school":D, wasn't he just.......
    Forum Member
    Note the Title change:D
    Many thanks to the mods:D:D:D
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note the Title change:D
    Many thanks to the mods:D:D:D

Well done FFF and thanks for setting it up and thanks to the mods too for the change. xxx :)
    Forum Member
    Well done FFF and thanks for setting it up and thanks to the mods too for the change. xxx :)

It's my pleasure Rose.:D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I had to watch Brokeback Mountain for a second time cos I nodded off after the sex scene the first time! It was intentional!!! Didn't think I could cope with anymore of that!! Anyway, I liked the film - great acting - superb acting from all concerned but especially Heath Ledger. It was a great character study.
    Forum Member
    BlueEyes wrote: »

There's a photo gallery with some really nice pics of him here..

http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/picture_gallery/0,,50001-1301921-57,00.html

What fantastic pictures. Thanks so much:D. They made me smile.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    I had to watch Brokeback Mountain for a second time cos I nodded off after the sex scene the first time! It was intentional!!! Didn't think I could cope with anymore of that!! Anyway, I liked the film - great acting - superb acting from all concerned but especially Heath Ledger. It was a great character study.

I remember so well watching that sex scene for the first time through my fingers shouting "No Heath Noooooo!!!!" in a kind of high pitched wail whilst laughing nervously. lol :eek: :p

Damn that was a great kiss too - the one where they reunite after a few years but the wife sees them :eek:. Probably the best on screen kiss I've ever seen.
    Forum Member
    OATZ MM wrote: »

It's an amazing film as a whole. I know some don't enjoy the love scenes in it , but it is superbly acted by all.
    Forum Member
    I remember so well watching that sex scene for the first time through my fingers shouting "No Heath Noooooo!!!!" in a kind of high pitched wail whilst laughing nervously. lol :eek: :p

Damn that was a great kiss too - the one where they reunite after a few years but the wife sees them :eek:. Probably the best on screen kiss I've ever seen.

I watched it first time in the cinema....lots of nervous giggling from everyone watching the scene in the tent...but then it went quiet as everyone was just drawn into the love story. It didn't matter that it was between two men, it was just simply a tragic love story, beautifully acted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just a shame that Heath closed Ennis up so much I couldn't understand half of what he was saying. Thank gawd for subtitles otherwise I'd still not know what Ennis' last words were at the end of the film. I gave up on the 10th attempt of rewinding and listening real hard - according to the subtitles apparently he says 'Jack, I swear'. ;)

I agree though, stunning acting by both Heath and Jake and a great love story.
    Forum Member
    It's just a shame that Heath closed Ennis up so much I couldn't understand half of what he was saying. Thank gawd for subtitles otherwise I'd still not know what Ennis' last words were at the end of the film. I gave up on the 10th attempt of rewinding and listening real hard - according to the subtitles apparently he says 'Jack, I swear'. ;)

I agree though, stunning acting by both Heath and Jake and a great love story.

I agree, thank God for subtitles:p...i still cried like a baby at the end though...lots of snot and mascara!!!!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely lmao at snot and mascara! I'm going to try and remember that expression, I love it. :D
    Forum Member
    Absolutely lmao at snot and mascara! I'm going to try and remember that expression, I love it. :D

you should've seen me:eek::eek::eek::o, not pretty!!!.Have you looked at the pictures that Blue Eyes has put on here today?, i like to try and count the stripey items of clothing Heath is wearing!!!!...i keep loosing track!!!:D
  • Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A couple of years ago it was voted the Greatest Screen Kiss of All Time via an online poll :) H and J got an award for it. I think Jake G turned up to collect it.
    Forum Member
    A couple of years ago it was voted the Greatest Screen Kiss of All Time via an online poll :) H and J got an award for it. I think Jake G turned up to collect it.

I didn't know that!, bloody brilliant:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you should've seen me:eek::eek::eek::o, not pretty!!!.Have you looked at the pictures that Blue Eyes has put on here today?, i like to try and count the stripey items of clothing Heath is wearing!!!!...i keep loosing track!!!:D

Those are lovely pictures. Some I hadn't seen before. There nearly always seems to be something stripey - if you can't see it I bet he's got stripey pants on. ;)

I haven't got any of my tribute socks on today because I'm wearing a stripey jumper and it was too much of a major clash, although I'm sure Heath wouldn't have taken a blind bit of notice in the clash department. :D Although my lovely stripey jumper now has to go in the bin because I've splashed bleach all up the front while washing the bleach bottle out for recycling. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that!, bloody brilliant:D

Actually I mislead you. The kiss was voted Greatest Screen Kiss of All Time! Here's the link:

http://www.flixster.com/news/2007/02/14/manonman-cowboy-smooch-voted-best-screen-kiss-of-alltime

But, Jake didn't collect an award for it. He collected the MTV award for best screen kiss, which also went to that 'reunion' kiss from BBM :)
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I wasn't the only one who hadn't seen the trailer for the Dark Knight, it can be seen on Yahoo.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/d/The-Dark-Knight/trailers-4062317.html

(Can't get over Heath's transformation in looks and voice)
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it first time in the cinema....lots of nervous giggling from everyone watching the scene in the tent...but then it went quiet as everyone was just drawn into the love story. It didn't matter that it was between two men, it was just simply a tragic love story, beautifully acted.

Can I ask FFF were there many men in the cinema? No male I know has seen it and my other half won't watch it with me even though I've said it isn't THAT graphic and it's such a sad story... :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    Can I ask FFF were there many men in the cinema? No male I know has seen it and my other half won't watch it with me even though I've said it isn't THAT graphic and it's such a sad story... :o:D

I'm male and I've seen it :p

Not at the cinema though :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some gay people hated BBM anyway, either because they just didn't like it as a film or because they didn't think it was a 'true portrayal' of gay life :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »

Hi Jess. Yes there were men in the cinema, but there were far more women, who like me were probably there to see either Jake or Heath!!. I lent my DVD of BBM to my sister and brother in law, but he didn't want to watch it. I think it made him uncomfortable.:(.
    Forum Member
    hayleyg wrote: »
    If I wasn't the only one who hadn't seen the trailer for the Dark Knight, it can be seen on Yahoo.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/d/The-Dark-Knight/trailers-4062317.html

(Can't get over Heath's transformation in looks and voice)

WOW. I never get tierd of seeing that.
    Love the bit where the joker says " why so serious?", its a real goosebumps moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Jess. Yes there were men in the cinema, but there were far more women, who like me were probably there to see either Jake or Heath!!. I lent my DVD of BBM to my sister and brother in law, but he didn't want to watch it. I think it made him uncomfortable.:(.

I doubt he would've felt the same if it had been two women involved

:rolleyes:
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    The second time I went to see it at the cinema (with my gay son ! who absolutely loves it, but not quite as much as I do) When the first night in the tent scene came on, there were some elderly women who got up a walked out and didn't come back.
    My older son hasn't seen it and won't watch it :rolleyes: maybe he thinks it'll turn him.