Cancelled or Ended US Shows!

Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 696
Forum Member
✭✭
Which shows that you liked that where cancelled or had ended its run would you bring back for a revival and what changes would you make for that specific show to improve it better or refresh it in order to put your own stamp on it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I would 100% bring back Ringer. SMG was amazing and the show was completely underrated.
    If I were to suggest changes, it would be spending less time on flashbacks and more focus on the present.
    And of course Bridget and Siobhan would have to meet!
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Jerry Bruckheimer's Chase - excellent cop show that easily deserved another season or two.

Regards

Mark
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought 'The Chicago Code' was excellent, and deserved more than the single season it got.

Chase was good as well, I enjoyed 'Annie' as a character. Always like shows which aren't based in California or New York...
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Which shows that you liked that where cancelled or had ended its run would you bring back for a revival and what changes would you make for that specific show to improve it better or refresh it in order to put your own stamp on it?

Stargate Universe - just getting into it's stride and it got cancelled
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed "Joey" infinitely more than "Friends", I'd be happy to see that back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    the chimp wrote: »
    I enjoyed "Joey" infinitely more than "Friends", I'd be happy to see that back.

REALLY?! Even Matt LeBlanc hated 'Joey'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Terriers.

Such a great, Under-rated show.

Fox really dropped the ball in cancelling this show, IMO. :)
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dij wrote: »

Not enough to give back the millions he made from it though I bet. Did he not read the script before? I can't bear actors who hate the stuff they are in when it is panned by fans. If it was still running now would he come out and hate it? Sorry not addressing this spew to you, just to Blancy :)

PJ
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dij wrote: »
    Joey was funny whereas Friends was full of mush that blokes dont really want to see, none of the women in friends were funny, Schwimmer dragged alot too, the only thing keeping friends going was Joey and Chandler.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - brilliant and so deserved better!

Arrested Development - but finally they saw the light and it's coming back next year wayhey!

OH - said Jerry Bruckheimers Chase. He LOVED that show :)
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tru Calling - Season 1 was was very slow and didn't seem like it was going anywhere so can see why they took the decision to axe it, but season 2! wow , such a step up and each episode was amazing, finally started to get somewhere and if what the producers revealed after it finished airing was gonna in future episodes then this show would have got bigger and lasted a good few seasons more!
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are quite a few that I wish hadn't been cancelled when they were.

Studio 60 was a marvellous programme and was funny, smart and though provoking all at the same time.

Surface ended on a cliffhanger and I always wanted to see how it would have continued, plus I though Nim was brilliant.

Tru Calling was just getting interesting when it ended which is a shame because those who had stuck with it was actually beginning to be rewarded.

Sarah Connor Chronicles again another one that was cut off as it was starting to get more interesting.

There are loads more including some mentioned in the thread already.
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharky_boy wrote: »
    I would 100% bring back Ringer. SMG was amazing and the show was completely underrated.
    If I were to suggest changes, it would be spending less time on flashbacks and more focus on the present.
    And of course Bridget and Siobhan would have to meet!

Agree!
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharky_boy wrote: »
    I would 100% bring back Ringer.
    starsailor wrote: »
    I thought 'The Chicago Code' was excellent, and deserved more than the single season it got.
    Stargate Universe - just getting into it's stride and it got cancelled
    Tru Calling was just getting interesting when it ended which is a shame because those who had stuck with it was actually beginning to be rewarded.

Sarah Connor Chronicles again another one that was cut off as it was starting to get more interesting.

I'll second all these suggestions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Breakout Kings
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For last season, Ringer. Loved it!

Anyone remember Reunion? It aired on e4 around 2006. It was about a group of 6 people who have a 20 year reunion and one of them is murdered. Each episode is a flashback telling the story of what happened up until 2006.The last episode that aired was 1997 or 1998 so you never found out what happened.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Not enough to give back the millions he made from it though I bet. Did he not read the script before? I can't bear actors who hate the stuff they are in when it is panned by fans. If it was still running now would he come out and hate it? Sorry not addressing this spew to you, just to Blancy :)

PJ

How many people who work for a company hate things about the way it's run, or decisions made by the bosses? Plenty.

No different to actors who have to act awfully written scripts because it's a job.

I don't see why they're not allowed an opinion.
    Of course he wouldn't come out and slate the show publically if it was still running, that would cause him to get the sack.

Plus, whether you got enjoyment out of it or not, there's no denying it was dreadfully made. Cashing in on the success of Friends without any actual effort put in whatsoever.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The Nine Lives of Chloe King and The Secret Circle!

Also I would love for there to be a spinoff of FRIENDS of some sorts but I wouldn't want it to be called FRIENDS because you can't redo that show, it was perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's been a while but I would bring back The Wire and hopefully try have it start where it left off.
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nmj216 wrote: »
    Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - brilliant and so deserved better!

Arrested Development - but finally they saw the light and it's coming back next year wayhey!

OH - said Jerry Bruckheimers Chase. He LOVED that show :)

Studio 60 was brilliant, it wasn't given enough of a chance.
    Cannot wait for new arrested development, its funny and clever. Hope gob revives the chicken dance!
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeenieTina wrote: »
    For last season, Ringer. Loved it!

Anyone remember Reunion? It aired on e4 around 2006. It was about a group of 6 people who have a 20 year reunion and one of them is murdered. Each episode is a flashback telling the story of what happened up until 2006.The last episode that aired was 1997 or 1998 so you never found out what happened.

I always thought I missed the last episode! Now I know lol

Loved that show!
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im missing medium! think im the only one though
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    Im missing medium! think im the only one though

I only recently got into Medium on living tv. Bought some DVDs aswell, love it. Bit sick of seeing them in bed all the time but it's great nonetheless. :D
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journeyman. I really enjoyed that even though it was just a bit of fluff and thought it deserved more than one season. Kevin McKidd ain't done too badly since then either so it did him no harm.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »

Agreed, I also enjoyed "Dead like me" although i've not seen the made for dvd film
This discussion has been closed.