Options

Jamie Oliver's Lock In 'chat show'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
Forum Member
Oi, Jamie, no.

New dodgy, greasy, mullet haircut... Louis Spence as a guest... Awkward flirty interview with Charlottle Church... Now a hidden camera 'comedy' segment....

No, no no... credibility gurgling down the kitchen sink..... :eek:

Comments

• Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanna see how the turkeys come out.

I'm betting that the deep fried one will be the best. :)
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Jamie Oliver lost all his credibility when he went from making cooking shows to commenting in the media on everything from knife crime to the war on terror.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

I'm betting that the deep fried one will be the best. :)

I deep fried a turkey one Christmas. It was the best turkey I've ever had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4's creative renewal. :rolleyes:

You can't polish a turd and the trailer showed one gloriously huge pile of cack.

Mockney Oliver, Charlotte Church and serial publicity **** Louis Spence in one show. What a great recipe for tv hell.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    I deep fried a turkey one Christmas. It was the best turkey I've ever had.

I remember Phillip Schofield saying ages ago that he spent Christmas in Australia and that it was popular to deep fry their turkeys and once you've tried it you'll never want a turkey cooked any other way.

I haven't tried it myself but it sounds great. :)
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deep fry turkey all the time when I'm over in the States, in a rather large steel drum. It can be very dangerous to do, but it can produce a right tasty bit of chow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Even my Mum switched off...and she likes Jamie.
  • Options
    sonofdavidsonofdavid Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Deep fry turkey all the time when I'm over in the States, in a rather large steel drum. It can be very dangerous to do, but it can produce a right tasty bit of chow.
    Are there any alternatives to the dodgy steel drum? I really fancy the deep fried turkey, but not the disaster that might ensue.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sonofdavid wrote: »
    Are there any alternatives to the dodgy steel drum? I really fancy the deep fried turkey, but not the disaster that might ensue.

Most people in the US actually use a purpose made turkey fryer kit, which consists of a large steel pot, a burner stand which is connected to a bottle of gas and a metal hook contraption with which the turkey is lowered into, and removed from the pot. Oh, and it's always cooked outside.
  • Options
    Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme must have been bad -- the content has been ignored and the majority of the thread is discussing the best way to deep-fry a turkey! :D

I contemplated watching this and then I saw the trailer last night.
  • Options
    RandyRandy Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This highlights the celebrity culture these days when Charlotte Church is headline guest and Santa Clause works behind the bar.;)
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie Oliver lost all his credibility when he went from making cooking shows to commenting in the media on everything from knife crime to the war on terror.

So he is not supposed to have a valid opinion then? Maybe the man in the street should not have any opinions either?
  • Options
    pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was rubbish, I switched off after 30 mins. I like Jamie and CC so was looking forward to it too :(
    All that shouting to the crowd reminded me of that variety show "The good old days".
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first few minutes, but as soon as I saw Louis Spence i turned over to another show. I then switched back for the last few minutes when they were trying the turkeys - and all i could hear was Louis making sexual inuendo's about spit roasting.

Im glad i missed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Most people in the US actually use a purpose made turkey fryer kit, which consists of a large steel pot, a burner stand which is connected to a bottle of gas and a metal hook contraption with which the turkey is lowered into, and removed from the pot. Oh, and it's always cooked outside.

What could possibly go wrong??

http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/11/deep-fried-turkey-disaster-videos-youre-doing-it-wrong/

:D
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

So how did Charlotte Church come out?

I like Jamie but wouldn't have watched this anyway.

He's the wrong type to host a chat show (probably better than Shane Warne though - apparently his one, on in Aus now, is mind blowingly awful).

Add the lame 'guests' who a likely to appear on it and a wide berth is needed.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    So he is not supposed to have a valid opinion then? Maybe the man in the street should not have any opinions either?

It's not that he shouldn't have opinions on such matters. However his "celebrity" status shouldn't mean that his opinions are given more weight than those of the man in the street.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I watched the first few minutes, but as soon as I saw Louis Spence i turned over to another show. I then switched back for the last few minutes when they were trying the turkeys - and all i could hear was Louis making sexual inuendo's about spit roasting.

Im glad i missed it.

You saw about as much as I did, then.
    I can take Louis Spence's dancing about act as funny in the same vein as Norman Wisdom or similar physical comedy.

Once they start with the sexual innuendo, it gets my back up, 'Fairy on the Tree' or whatever is was.
    Had enough of that nonsense with Ross and the 4 Poofs, another reason why I rarely watched that show.
    I find it really grating and incongruous, don't know why.
    Edit: The 4 Poof's couldn't sing for buttons either, that was really grating.

Shame as I've usually got some time for Jamie, variety type shows aren't really my bag anyway, so no loss to me.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    It's not that he shouldn't have opinions on such matters. However his "celebrity" status shouldn't mean that his opinions are given more weight than those of the man in the street.
    Ah, I see.
  • Options
    tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was an epic fail