Options

Older generation are takers and not contributors

12346»

Comments

• Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,700
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    He retired when he was 54 which has skewed his view of pensioners as most of us will be nearly 70 before we get a chance to slow down.

Slowing down at aged 70, :eek: according to Bichard 'the old should be looking after the older'. :p

Wonder when Bichard is going to do his bit for the community and get his backside off those red leather seats in the Lords, where he collects hundreds of pounds per day for attending, never mind about when he opens his mouth and utters nonsense such as this. :rolleyes:

When do the working population actually have a bit of a rest and put their feet up? I think it may be when rigor mortis has set in!!!!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would want to vote Labour though because if they do that then they might as well have put a tick in the Tory box. Tory/Labour, no difference both scum sucking leeches as far as I'm concerned.
    People vote Labour because they think a painless solution is possible
    I wouldn't expect someone like you to agree with me. :p
    Is it because of my superior intelligence?:p
  • Options
    Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

Maybe not painless but this would be a huge step in the right direction.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/9623863/IMFs-epic-plan-to-conjure-away-debt-and-dethrone-bankers.html

" One could slash private debt by 100pc of GDP, boost growth, stabilize prices, and dethrone bankers all at the same time. It could be done cleanly and painlessly, by legislative command, far more quickly than anybody imagined.

The conjuring trick is to replace our system of private bank-created money -- roughly 97pc of the money supply -- with state-created money. We return to the historical norm, before Charles II placed control of the money supply in private hands with the English Free Coinage Act of 1666
    ".

If the Telegraph are discussing this, it could happen sooner than you think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    It is now time for the public to fight back. I can see more riots happening .
    I've been saying that for ages AND don't get me started off on a mass storming of the house of Parliament, resulting several politiicians being lynched and strung up.
    ARE YOU LISTENING CAMERON, MILLIBAND BECAUSE IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME....
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Government has to stop pitching groups of people against groups of other people, in this case elderly people vs everyone else who work and pay tax.

The consequences of which will be far and wide within society. Maybe because the Government know if we don't fight each other, but grouped together and faced them head on, they'd be in deep trouble.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

I guess that depends on who is feeling the pain and if the pain is applied disproportionatally. Labour have already said they would do exactly as the Tories would do so why anyone would still consider voting for them is beyond me. :D

Vote Labour, get Tories. ;)

You wish. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Government has to stop pitching groups of people against groups of other people, in this case elderly people vs everyone else who work and pay tax.

The consequences of which will be far and wide within society. Maybe because the Government know if we don't fight each other, but grouped together and faced them head on, they'd be in deep trouble.

100% agree, this is exactly it.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **** HIM

as i said in the first posting about this, they've already contributed, they should NOT have to contribute again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    I've been saying that for ages AND don't get me started off on a mass storming of the house of Parliament, resulting several politiicians being lynched and strung up.
    ARE YOU LISTENING CAMERON, MILLIBAND BECAUSE IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME....

Us Brits have no spine, no fight in us. It would have to take something pretty bad, like X-Factor being cancelled or someone dropping a cat into a wheelie bin before people marched in unison or rioted.

But when it comes to "small" problems like being shafted by the Government, ripped off by the corporations and bare witness to social cleansing of the so called "benefit undesirables" very few will bat an eyelid.

And its this mentality that the Government absolutely love!
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2222910/Pensioners-incomes-rising-faster-workers-campaigners-hit-perks-baby-boomer-generation.html

Mail picked up on it now :rolleyes:

Hate campaign against pensioners about to start I think, will give the working agae benefit claimants a slight break I guess. Dont worry too much though, I highly doubt the government would dare to do anything to piss off their main voters ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Us Brits have no spine, no fight in us. It would have to take something pretty bad, like X-Factor being cancelled or someone dropping a cat into a wheelie bin before people marched in unison or rioted.

But when it comes to "small" problems like being shafted by the Government, ripped off by the corporations and bare witness to social cleansing of the so called "benefit undesirables" very few will bat an eyelid.

And its this mentality that the Government absolutely love!

If the scumbag politicians in Parliament think they can appease the people (of all classes and races) with the Olympics and Jubilee celebrations for so long, They're mistaken as the Roman emperors tried it with gladiator tournaments
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Riots wouldn't help, in the Arab spring they rioted for freedom of speech and and to over turn dictatorships, In Britain they rioted for new trainers and a 50'' colour telly.
  • Options
    electronelectron Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get the Barsteward in the proper world living on a State Pension,
    after having proper work upto Pensionable age, and see if he COULD then work EVEN more for Fall Money:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    If the scumbag politicians in Parliament think they can appease the people (of all classes and races) with the Olympics and Jubilee celebrations for so long, They're mistaken as the Roman emperors tried it with gladiator tournaments

Don't give the Tories and the Right Wingers any ideas, they will have the elderly, the sick, the unemployed and the disabled in such tournaments, fighting lions and the like for their benefits.
  • Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to wipe the slate clean. Kill everyone over the age of 45 who does not have children under the age of 18, and we can start again.

Doctors, teachers and scientists get a free pass.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did our society change so much, I clearly remember when I was younger we almost all said pensioners deserved more and deserved a comfortable old age. Now we are punishing them for living longer and saying they should have little state help, working longer and working for their pensions.

Did I miss something because I really cannot remember when this change happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    Time to wipe the slate clean. Kill everyone over the age of 45 who does not have children under the age of 18, and we can start again.

I would rather we did away with politicians and the religious. :p
    When did our society change so much, I clearly remember when I was younger we almost all said pensioners deserved more and deserved a comfortable old age. Now we are punishing them for living longer and saying they should have little state help, working longer and working for their pensions.

Did I miss something because I really cannot remember when this change happened.

Mollie have a read of this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.html

It basically exposes the smoke and mirrors economics of the Government. The reason it's changing so fast is because the country is in the gutter and the establishment are looking for scapegoats, every weeks someone gets the finger pointed at them, all except the political and financial elite that is.

Also we have a Right Wing Government using divide and rule tactics by spreading their propaganda through the Right Wing press which is filtering its way through society and sadly many moderates are falling for it, and not surprisingly the Right Wing element of society is lapping it up. No section of society is safe with these divide and rule tactics, this attack on pensioners who have already paid their dues are now the latest victims of this "scrounger" label that the Right Wing paints people with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably because the up coming pensioners didn't fight in a war and are being presented as affluent baby boomers so don't have the automatic sympathy of previous generations of older people.

It's just as simplistic as looking at all pensioners as poor and worn out after a lifetime of giving their all and serving their country but a new stereotype that they are quietly but gradually introducing to us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Probably because the up coming pensioners didn't fight in a war and are being presented as affluent baby boomers so don't have the automatic sympathy of previous generations of older people.

It's just as simplistic as looking at all pensioners as poor and worn out after a lifetime of giving their all and serving their country but a new stereotype that they are quietly but gradually introducing to us.

Some of us are not affluent and are poor and worn out at 50 - I am not sure why I am worrying about pensions we are so worn out we are unlikely to make it to 60 let alone a pensionable age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of us are not affluent and are poor and worn out at 50 - I am not sure why I am worrying about pensions we are so worn out we are unlikely to make it to 60 let alone a pensionable age.

Quite. And it seems that's what they are hoping for, even aiming towards.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    The eldery have contributed all their lives (majority) but then there are older folks who are fit and well enough say in their 60's who could still contribute instead of just claiming a state pension.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    The eldery have contributed all their lives (majority) but then there are older folks who are fit and well enough say in their 60's who could still contribute instead of just claiming a state pension.

They do contribute in many ways, why is working the only way that is counted ? My grandparents raised their grandchildren while my parents worked, they helped neighbours who were ill or older than them and looked after each other until they died.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »

We have two staff at work who are over 70. The company made them retire last year from their permanent contracts but they are still both employed on a bank basis.
  • Options
    stevenjwstevenjw Posts: 110
    Forum Member

What you suggesting is similarto Lorgan Run. which was to kill anyone over 30.:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

kill them too