Stoke City 13/14

2»

Comments

• SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should definitely get time - we're struggling but this season was always going to be a struggle, and fortunately there are quite a few rubbish teams in the league so we aren't going to fall far behind any time soon. Despite some disappointments I think there are plenty of positives about how we've played away from home this season. The performances against West Brom, Southampton and Norwich were more worrying so let's hope we put that right against Sunderland and Cardiff

Hopefully the bit of luck at the end of yesterday's game will be a turning point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, having seen how Southampton and West Brom are flying this year, our results against them dont seem so bad really.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    graham001 wrote: »
    To be fair, having seen how Southampton and West Brom are flying this year, our results against them dont seem so bad really.

Southampton was a good point, really think we should have got 3 against West Brom though.
    Forum Member
    Work permit for Juan Agudelo turned down, and no right of appeal to boot.

Going to have to start again with the search for a striker! Back in for Diouf I would have thought
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure Agudelo was going to be our saviour anyway. A goal scorer would be nice, but we need to start holding onto (and improving) some of these leads we find ourselves with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank fook for that!!
    Forum Member
    3 points, clean sheet, and a little bit of luck with the soft red card all adds up to a good day.

I was starting to forget what it felt like to get 3 points!

I see Palace got an away win with TP in attendance, he'll soon get them to stop that kind of behaviour!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    A comfortable win against a really poor blunderland side, I'd be a worried man if I were a fan of there's, but I'm not so onward and upward :)

Ps the red card was very harsh, but made up for huths last year:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better today - deserved win, two good goals and Cameron in particular was excellent

Ps the red card was very harsh, but made up for huths last year:p

And the failure to send off Cattermole and Gardener (first time around) in recent seasons - it's rare we play Sunderland without a big refereeing cock up one way or the other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet not too many of us saw that result coming against Chelsea!!
    In Hughes we TRUST :-)
    Forum Member
    graham001 wrote: »
    I bet not too many of us saw that result coming against Chelsea!!
    In Hughes we TRUST :-)

More of the 2nd half performance and i'll be happy, were really poor 1st. Big game next, im hoping we can put a bit of a run together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    More of the 2nd half performance and i'll be happy, were really poor 1st. Big game next, im hoping we can put a bit of a run together

I think once the players started getting "at them", the crowd started getting behind the players, which just spiralled. Amazing atmosphere and it must spur the players on. We as supporters have our part to play, and we certainly did our bit yesterday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't get much better than yesterday - the quality of the goal, the timing and the opposition. Best mental in years when it went in

It's always good to reach 20 points before Christmas and the next two games give us an opportunity to do that, then we've got a really tricky run coming up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    Doesn't get much better than yesterday - the quality of the goal, the timing and the opposition. Best mental in years when it went in

It's always good to reach 20 points before Christmas and the next two games give us an opportunity to do that, then we've got a really tricky run coming up

Woo hoo .... 21 points and 10th place for Christmas!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Ticking along nicely, again today we beat a really poor side in Villa, but we can only beat what's in front of us, if only we'd done the same to Cardiff, as they were as bad! Mid table mediocrity awaits.