Pokemon X and Y

Comments

• javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I've added everyone on the last page.

I'll be starting to play/complete the game again in the next few weeks.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Okay, thanks very much. How do I know if it has a hidden ability?

It will tell you the name of the ability on your game, in the pokemon summary screen, then just look it up to see if it's the hidden one.

Hidden pre-evolutions always turn into the hidden ability for the evolved pokemon, so for example 'quick feet', which is the hidden ability of shroomish, will always turn into technician (the hidden ability of breloom) once shroomish evolves into breloom.

Use this website;

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eevee

For example, it tells you at the top right what Eevees two normal abilities are, and then what it's hidden ability is.

Further down it gives you base stats, level up and breeding moves, so it's quite helpful.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    It will tell you the name of the ability on your game, in the pokemon summary screen, then just look it up to see if it's the hidden one.

Hidden pre-evolutions always turn into the hidden ability for the evolved pokemon, so for example 'quick feet', which is the hidden ability of shroomish, will always turn into technician (the hidden ability of breloom) once shroomish evolves into breloom.

Use this website;

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eevee

For example, it tells you at the top right what Eevees two normal abilities are, and then what it's hidden ability is.

Further down it gives you base stats, level up and breeding moves, so it's quite helpful.

Thanks very much. That was helpful. I thought the hidden ability was actually hidden so now I feel a bit silly :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone, long time lurker on the forums here, finally decided to start posting rather than just reading. My friend code is 3454 - 0986 - 4076, let me know if you add me so I can add you too.

I'm also desperately seeking an aron if anyone would be kind enough to trade :)
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamalam wrote: »
    Hi everyone, long time lurker on the forums here, finally decided to start posting rather than just reading. My friend code is 3454 - 0986 - 4076, let me know if you add me so I can add you too.

I'm also desperately seeking an aron if anyone would be kind enough to trade :)

Have added you, son will add soon.

StressMonkey and son 2638-0617-1856 & 4210-4935-1000

I may even have a spare Aron if you still want one.:D
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the new breeding mechanics in these games. Getting 5x31 IVs is easy - and usually that is all you need. I got a 6x31 Noibat yesterday as a nice bonus.
    Forum Member
    I've beaten so many teams with Chatot :p Focus sash, Chatter, confuses 100% of the time, Boomburst, 140 stab move, and it can have nasty plot and agility too :D
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just caught my first shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Y and it was a Snover :).
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've beaten so many teams with Chatot :p Focus sash, Chatter, confuses 100% of the time, Boomburst, 140 stab move, and it can have nasty plot and agility too :D

Wow didn't realise how powerful a Chatot could be lol
    Forum Member
    Wow didn't realise how powerful a Chatot could be lol

Yes, it's quite ridiculous, probably because nobody expects it. Works even better if you lead with a rotom or something that can paralyse or burn something, then when Chatot comes in, confuse them with chatter on top of that, and then with the focus sash too, you can almost always get at least one nasty plot up, and sometimes even an agility too, then you can pretty much just sweep with boomburst, which does over 200 damage after stab :eek::D Most of those are egg moves though, so it takes a bit of breeding!
  • froggy22froggy22 Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Has anyone had much luck catching shiny Pokemon in X and Y? I've only ever caught one shiny (apart from Red Gyarados) and that was in Pokemon Black, a shiny Shuckle. I did also come across a shiny Sawk but I didn't realise until it was too late that it was a shiny :mad:, if you've seen a shiny Sawk you'll probably understand. So many people on Reddit catch shiny Pokemon in the Friends Safari, I can't find any anywhere.

Also, is there anyway of finding out what safari I have, or does someone have to look for me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has to look for you, I haven't been on for a while so couldn't tell you. I don't know if we're friends on it either.

I've heard that the shiny rate has been cut in half for all different methods in these games. I've found that the chain fishing method is the best, I've caught a shiny Octillery, corsola and gorebyss all in the space of an hour using this.

Here's how to chain fish
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/fishchain.shtml

The masuda method of breeding is good too if you have the patience. Just get a foreign ditto and you're good to go.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally woman'd up last night and hit the Elite four. Only the champ gave me a few scares after a couple of weeks training up so yay! Champioooon! :D

Got to say, though, the gym rooms were stunning in 3D.

And the stupid end sequence made me blub like a fool:blush::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first Shiny on Y :D

Frogadier in the Friend Safari :D
    Forum Member

Cool! I've seen that thing used online on youtube. It's probably the best shiny I've seen :)

I have a few shiny's but only one is competitive- a shiny hitmonlee with it's hidden ability, which doubles its speed when it uses its item, so I gave it a normal gem and fake out. It's pretty good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool! I've seen that thing used online on youtube. It's probably the best shiny I've seen :)

I have a few shiny's but only one is competitive- a shiny hitmonlee with it's hidden ability, which doubles its speed when it uses its item, so I gave it a normal gem and fake out. It's pretty good

It is nice - has Protean Ability and Max IV Attack and Speed.... I should be satisfied....But I'm still breeding :D
  • froggy22froggy22 Posts: 51
    Forum Member

I envy you. Well done.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    How do you know so early on that the IVs are at their maximum? as the stat difference won't be noticeable at an earlier level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zoralink wrote: »
    How do you know so early on that the IVs are at their maximum? as the stat difference won't be noticeable at an earlier level.

If you talk to the man on the left in the Pokemon Centre at Kiloude City he will comment on your Pokemon's abilities. If he says any particular stat 'can't be beaten' then it is at its max.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Friday, Nintendo release Pokemon Bank which - amongst other things - allows the creatures from BW/B2W2 to be brought into X and Y. Also, if you access it by September 30th, you can get a Level 10 Celebi.

It will also be useful for catching lower-level Pokemon: one of the moves it knows is Hold Back (which, like False Swipe, leaves the opponent with 1HP), which only (a) Celebi can learn and (b) can't be learnt during normal gameplay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    On Friday, Nintendo release Pokemon Bank which - amongst other things - allows the creatures from BW/B2W2 to be brought into X and Y. Also, if you access it by September 30th, you can get a Level 10 Celebi.

It will also be useful for catching lower-level Pokemon: one of the moves it knows is Hold Back (which, like False Swipe, leaves the opponent with 1HP), which only (a) Celebi can learn and (b) can't be learnt during normal gameplay.

Been counting down the days for Pokemon Bank but didn't know about the Celebi. Sounds cool.:)

BTW, another Shiny today - Skrelp:D
    Forum Member
    Pokémon bank has opened in Japan. I've managed to trade quite a few already (Check the GTS) :)

Oh, and happy Christmas everyone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd hurry up with the bank. I want my shiny charm! It's really hard to get the legendaries on the GTS because everyone just wants other legendaries for them, it's understandable but makes it hard for anyone else to get in on the legendary action.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd hurry up with the bank. I want my shiny charm! It's really hard to get the legendaries on the GTS because everyone just wants other legendaries for them, it's understandable but makes it hard for anyone else to get in on the legendary action.

I know - It's not so much the Shiny Charm - I haven't got all the legendaries so won't get it - as much as I want my Palkia and my Dialga. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I also want my team from previous games to come over sou can use them.