• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    46 is the new 20 :D
  • Options
    ray.ray.returnsray.ray.returns Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was born in 1970, I'd be eating a terrible diet, I'd have been exposed to the 74 / 76 heatwaves with no sun protection, 80's sunlamps etc and I'd be haggard by now. Where as I have been protected from the sun, eaten a better diet so I am biologically younger.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Does this mean 10 is the new 18?

The way some kids behave you could be forgiven for thinking so, some are a nightmare.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget homophobia. It is mostly the older generation who still have a problem with homosexuals.

Because they were still regarded criminals, to say the least. Even after World War II some homosexuals, who had been locked up in concentrations camps, were rearrested and locked up by the Allies.

Persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust
    ... After the war, the treatment of homosexuals in concentration camps went unacknowledged by most countries, and some men were even re-arrested and imprisoned based on evidence found during the Nazi years...

Homosexuals were still looked down upon during my youth (and beyond) but have become more accepted over the last 30, or so, years.

If I was born in 1970, I'd be eating a terrible diet,

I was born in the 60's and went to school in the 70's. I can't say there was anything wrong with my diet. Fresh, daily cooked meals of meat / fish, fresh vegetables and a dessert.
    I'd have been exposed to the 74 / 76 heatwaves with no sun protection,

There were sun hats, T shirts and zinc oxide cream. :D
    80's sunlamps etc and I'd be haggard by now. Where as I have been protected from the sun, eaten a better diet so I am biologically younger.

Now that children are wrapped in cotton wool, and kept indoors, are they psychologically younger as well?