sore finger

monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,928
Forum Member
dont know what else to call this thread :D but ever since i got a sore on my finger under the fingernail at work (i think i got it from sorting out the dvds) my finger has been really stiff and sore to move. its making it really awkward to type. seems fine when i have gloves on :confused: could be the cold as my hands/feet can get blue when its really cold but my other fingers are fine :confused:

id feel embarrassed to go to the doctors about it :o it can be really itchy too and gets really red

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont know what else to call this thread :D but ever since i got a sore on my finger under the fingernail at work (i think i got it from sorting out the dvds) my finger has been really stiff and sore to move. its making it really awkward to type. seems fine when i have gloves on :confused: could be the cold as my hands/feet can get blue when its really cold but my other fingers are fine :confused:

id feel embarrassed to go to the doctors about it :o it can be really itchy too and gets really red

You shouldn't, that's the place to get medical advice. Having blue hands and feet when cold could be a circulation problem.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,928
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    You shouldn't, that's the place to get medical advice. Having blue hands and feet when cold could be a circulation problem.

i have been before and they have given me tablets but im not very good with taking tablets. i have cream for the feet but forget to use it. dont think that would be the same thing for the finger. its not blue its just sore lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Could potentially be a childblain - I get them all over my toes because they lose circulation. Doctors :)
    Forum Member
    Could potentially be a childblain - I get them all over my toes because they lose circulation. Doctors :)

i think that is what i had yeah but would it infect the whole finger?
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had something like that a few years ago and went to my GP. He said it was a good thing I had gone as it needed anti biotic tablets and could have got worse very quickly. If it is red under the nail fold and is sore, you definately need to see your doctor. You can explain what tablets you are not good with, there are many different types of anti biotics.

Let us know how you get on.
    Forum Member
    I had something like that a few years ago and went to my GP. He said it was a good thing I had gone as it needed anti biotic tablets and could have got worse very quickly. If it is red under the nail fold and is sore, you definately need to see your doctor. You can explain what tablets you are not good with, there are many different types of anti biotics.

Let us know how you get on.

its only red when it gets itchy and that only happened once. im not good with any tablets :o lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    i think that is what i had yeah but would it infect the whole finger?

I hope not or my toes are screwed :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have been before and they have given me tablets but im not very good with taking tablets. i have cream for the feet but forget to use it. dont think that would be the same thing for the finger. its not blue its just sore lol

If you are given tablets and don't take them what advice do you want. It's not something to laugh about.

If I didn't take my tablets I wouldn't be posting here.

How can you forget to take medication, i'll not post on this thread again. You want advice but don't take the doctors:confused:
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    If you are given tablets and don't take them what advice do you want.

If I didn't take my tablets I wouldn't be posting here.

How can you forget to take medication, i'll not post on this thread again. You want advice but don't take the doctors:confused:

i just wanted to know if it was something to worry about as i didnt want to go to the doctors if it wasn't. i cant take tablets. id just be sick attempting to take them..
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it only been hurting since sorting the dvds? You could've stretched the ligaments and the blister could be from where your finger was rubbing against the disks as you flicked through them.
  • Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you've been prescribed tablets and cream by a medical professional but haven't been taking them, yet you expect us to be able to help some how? Jesus wept!
    Forum Member
    Has it only been hurting since sorting the dvds? You could've stretched the ligaments and the blister could be from where your finger was rubbing against the disks as you flicked through them.
    The sore lasted a couple of weeks i put cream on it. It started getting rough and sore around xmas and stiff it stopped and then started again last week the bottom of the finger looks bigger than the other fingers

Dont ask how or why but my mum grabbed my finger one day and my ring was on and it was really sore after that dont think that would affect it though :confused:
    So you've been prescribed tablets and cream by a medical professional but haven't been taking them, yet you expect us to be able to help some how? Jesus wept!

I did attempt to take the tablets but as i said i end up being sick so not like its my fault lo i do use the cream but its easy to forget to do it i dont want to go to the doctors if its no big deal
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to apply the cream. Go back to the doctor and let them know that you have problems with swallowing tablets.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Sore Finger was chinese for salt'n'vinegar.
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to apply the cream. Go back to the doctor and let them know that you have problems with swallowing tablets.

they know they usually give me it in liquid form if there is any
    Forum Member
    Went to the doctors today its an infection:( got stuff to take for it 4 times a day noo lol :(
  • Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    You want sore finger on your chips?
    Forum Member
    im taking my medicine for my infection it doesnt seem to be getting any better or worse lol

but one thing thats annoying is since i got it my knuckles in my left hand are really sore when i bend my fingers but i can still bend them all the way where as my fingers in my right cant bend properly and the knuckles arent that sore although they were itchy last night

does an infection affect all fingers :confused:

also i dont think i should go back to my one day work placement as an admin assistant till they are better as typing really does make them worse i try to be limited at home
  • alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im taking my medicine for my infection it doesnt seem to be getting any better or worse lol

but one thing thats annoying is since i got it my knuckles in my left hand are really sore when i bend my fingers but i can still bend them all the way where as my fingers in my right cant bend properly and the knuckles arent that sore although they were itchy last night

does an infection affect all fingers :confused:

also i dont think i should go back to my one day work placement as an admin assistant till they are better as typing really does make them worse i try to be limited at home

Lord above life really is a bit of a challenge isn't it - cant take tablets, cant remember to use cream and now needs to stay at home rather than go to work one day a week - are your diamond shoes too tight as well - lol!
    Forum Member
    Lord above life really is a bit of a challenge isn't it - cant take tablets, cant remember to use cream and now needs to stay at home rather than go to work one day a week - are your diamond shoes too tight as well - lol!

my fingers are really painful though. they havent got in contact with me though and its unpaid so it'll be fine. plus my dads in hospital anyway so theres no way of getting there.

as i said i have took the medicine and its disgusting so :p
    Forum Member
    its so getting worse. its starting to get swollen on my finger where the the infection came from :( think the medicine is making it worse not better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its so getting worse. its starting to get swollen on my finger where the the infection came from :( think the medicine is making it worse not better

How did your repeat visit to the doctors to tell them the medication wasn't working go? Or at the very least a phone consultation since your dad can't take you at present?
    Forum Member
    Magenta01 wrote: »
    How did your repeat visit to the doctors to tell them the medication wasn't working go? Or at the very least a phone consultation since your dad can't take you at present?

my mum is gonna call them in the morning there are no appointments free this week so we have to see if here is a cancellation. id rather go to the outpatients
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my mum is gonna call them in the morning there are no appointments free this week so we have to see if here is a cancellation. id rather go to the outpatients

What outpatients? I'll be honest, as an A&E nurse, it doesn't immediately sound like something that requires an A&E visit. If there is not a doctors appointment, perhaps your mum should ask if a nurse in the practice can have a look.
    Forum Member
    Magenta01 wrote: »
    What outpatients? I'll be honest, as an A&E nurse, it doesn't immediately sound like something that requires an A&E visit. If there is not a doctors appointment, perhaps your mum should ask if a nurse in the practice can have a look.

it is painful and really annoying though. i have a computer exam on the 30th and i cant see it being better by then.(i know im still typing this but very slowly and the exam i have to type fast )
This discussion has been closed.