Scottish lad on train is forcefully removed for not having correct train ticket

Comments

• andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    The Aberdeen-based company reported full-year profits of £264m, down 19% from £326m the year before. - First Rail

These are the real thiefs
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why couldn't they have just detained him at his stop and then had him fined or something? I agree that the the other passenger shouldn't have got involved.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    No sympathy for the younger lad but I don't find anything brave or noble in the actions of the "big man" either. Had the boy sported a different attire and accent I'm confident the hero of the piece would've stayed right in his seat, eyes front.
  • ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Aberdeen-based company reported full-year profits of £264m, down 19% from £326m the year before. - First Rail

Mine is Northern Rail and I can tell despite the "inflation" excuse used last year, they made a huge amount of profit.

Mostly, I drive. There are times where I need to get the train as it is just convenient. The trains are a disaster.
    The real thieves are the train companies.

The train company, in this case First Aberdeen is to blame for situations like these.

Nevermind, the fact that we also have to subsidise public transport (trains in particular) using taxpayer's money.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why couldn't they have just detained him at his stop and then had him fined or something? I agree that the the other passenger shouldn't have got involved.

Well they were at a station and stopped so I guess that's why he wanted to remove him and the kid was refusing to budge. Perhaps there is was no option to detain him at the station he was trying to reach.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he waited for the next train.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. The train might be the only means of transport to get from A to B for the "fare dodger".
    We don't know. It can be assumed if there a cheaper alternative, he would opt for it.
    We can't assume anything of the sort. The cheaper alternative might mean he takes longer to get from A to B, so he simply discards it because he's the most important person in the world and he deserves to travel for free (or whatever idiotic reasoning goes on in the heads of people like this). Or it may just be that the train station is two minutes walk closer to home than the bus station, and he simply can't be bothered walking the extra distance. Or maybe he's just a tossbag waste of DNA that needs to wake up to himself.

BTW, the faredodging isn't the real problem here. It's the attitude. He feels he is perfectly entitled to delay that train and all the other people on it with his oh-so-naughty swear words, feeling that nobody will confront him for it.

But then somebody does. As I posted earlier I hope it was a really cold miserable walk home for him. I even hope it was pissing it down with rain.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they're both assholes. Hurray.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    1. That would be nice. A nice big collection.

2. Yes, of course being manhandled like that. A big hug would be needed.

3. Yes, a lot of people paid for the train service. Yes, the "faredodger" should have paid it. It is not right to steal. I am not saying that. What I am saying is that actually situations like these are common because of train companies and their prices.
    Would you pay £20 for a short journey knowing full well that the carriage is dirty, unhygenic,people crammed in like cattle? Third world transport= high prices.

No I would not pay £20 for a short train journey. I'd get the bus. It still doesn't give you the right to steal and you can bleat on and on about the evil train companies it still doesn't change the fact that he is trying to pull a fast one.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

No, I'll think you'll find that a person who avails themselves of a service without paying is the real thief.
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "big man" is nothing but a bully, who probably enjoyed picking on that small boy to compensate for the fact he can't see his own penis; due to it either being to small or his belly too big - probably both. I also detest the ass licking and applause of "the big man" at the end. The conductor could have shown some compassion and dropped the boy at the next stop. Failing that, the callous on-lookers and "the big man" could have helped pay the boy's ticket instead of ganging up on him. Disgusting. :mad:
    Forum Member
    Jackboy18 wrote: »
    The "big man" is nothing but a bully, who probably enjoyed picking on that small boy to compensate for the fact he can't see his own penis; due to it either being to small or his belly too big - probably both. I also detest the ass licking and applause of "the big man" at the end. The conductor could have shown some compassion and dropped the boy at the next stop. Failing that, the callous on-lookers and "the big man" could have helped pay the boy's ticket instead of ganging up on him. Disgusting. :mad:

What a load of bollocks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep. They could have also bought him a car too so he didn't have to be a foul mouthed thief on a train but they didn't. Horrible people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't help but feel sorry for the boy when he was pushed off the train like that, and I hope they helped him make arrangements at the station, but if he had spoken respectfully instead of swearing and being disrespectful it probably wouldn't have turned out the way it did.

If teenagers suspected they'd be on the receiving end of this kind of treatment for acting that way in public there would be a lot less of it.
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spend upwards of £250 a month on rail travel, too right this little shit should have been booted off the train for not paying. Fair play to the big fella.
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    What a load of bollocks.

No it is not. We are all humans. We are all brothers and sisters sharing the planet. Why can't people treat others the way they would like to be treated - with understanding, compassion and love? The "big man" and the other passengers in support of him disgust me. Gang mentality at work there. Why not help your brother and fellow human beings (people with feelings that perhaps have other problems in their life) instead of following the easy path of throwing them literally to the kerb? This was cold hearted, especially in the season of goodwill, where we are meant to come together as one to give and share.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe one day a Dappy hat wearing fud might try to rob you. What'll you do? Shout out for a "big man" to come and help you out.

Personally, i would have let him off at his stop. But after hearing his cheek, i'd have booted him off. Too many c**ts like him get to do whatever they want. You can't even walk past a gang of em.

That video cheered up the people of Scotland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member

Big Mans Identity

or you might find out hes not fat because his job might not allow it.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don';t agree with the swearing or fare dogding from the youth equally it had nothing to do with the Big bully boy behind who had no right slinging him off the train.

The inspector lost control of the situation and probably should retire.
  • mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is not. We are all humans. We are all brothers and sisters sharing the planet. Why can't people treat others the way they would like to be treated - with understanding, compassion and love? The "big man" and the other passengers in support of him disgust me. Gang mentality at work there. Why not help your brother and fellow human beings (people with feelings that perhaps have other problems in their life) instead of following the easy path of throwing them literally to the kerb? This was cold hearted, especially in the season of goodwill, where we are meant to come together as one to give and share.

Thank-you. Reading this aloud in the voice of "Neil" from The Young Ones has made my day. :D:D
    Forum Member

If we're all brothers and sisters sharing the planet, how come that particular "brother" didn't feel obliged to pay his way like everybody else on the train?

Honestly, some people. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank-you. Reading this aloud in the voice of "Neil" from The Young Ones has made my day. :D:D

Man. That was sooo deep. Man. :D
  • ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I would not pay £20 for a short train journey. I'd get the bus. It still doesn't give you the right to steal and you can bleat on and on about the evil train companies it still doesn't change the fact that he is trying to pull a fast one.

There is no bus service near me. The train service is only method that I can travel by to get to uni.
    I would drive but there is hardly any car parking spaces and furthermore, and the council decided to bully car users.
    Yes, trains are the only convenient means for me to get to uni.
    The fares I pay are extortionate.

Cheap and inconvenient = car
    Pricey and convenient = train.

At the end of the day, train companies have cause fare dodging.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes we are all humans so really the youth should not be swearing at his elders and when young children are in earshot...respect and compassion and good cheer to all.:cool:
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is not. We are all humans. We are all brothers and sisters sharing the planet. Why can't people treat others the way they would like to be treated - with understanding, compassion and love?

Tell that to my young niece who lost her father due to a knife wielding ned, who he happened to get into a debate with. Stabbed him in the back with a sword, in front of his wee girl.

I'm not comparing fare dodger to a murderer, but murders have happened right after an exchange like that we just witnessed on the YT video.

But yea, we're all brothers and sisters sharing the planet. Feel the love.

It just dawned on me that you're a super-troll.
This discussion has been closed.