Options

Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I thought lifts were allowed in the salsa :confused:

I thought only two lifts were allowed but maybe I'm confusing it with the Smooth. :o
  • Options
    kittenkong42kittenkong42 Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I thought lifts were allowed in the salsa :confused:

Yes, they are allowed 3 lifts in the salsa. It does seem to cause confusion though as a rule :)

EDIT: I thought 3 anyway as that was the rule in 2010...
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    After Karen on Tuesday, all I can notice is the size of Louis' feet. :eek: I'm obsessed with Louis feet. :o

And :rolleyes: knee slides from Ola! :rolleyes: Again! :rolleyes:

Well you know what they say about a man with big feet!:eek::o
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Is it over already? :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. :) Big
    shoes.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. :o The size on those feet, it's a scary thought. :eek::p Alright, not that scary. :p::D
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    is it wrong that I love the fact Richard keeps kissing Erin.

love the celebs this year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I thought only two lifts were allowed but maybe I'm confusing it with the Smooth. :o

I think someone who is in the know should post a list of rules on DS - after all these years i still dont know!:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they are allowed 3 lifts in the salsa. It does seem to cause confusion though as a rule :)

EDIT: I thought 3 anyway as that was the rule in 2010...

Is there a site which says the rules for all of the dances?

Just wondering.
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »

I agree, they all seem really likable. And they all seem to have great partnerships with their pros.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »

where's monkseal when you need him;)

can I talk about shoes as well

why do the latin boys seem to be practising in flats:confused:
    get in your cuban heels boys, throws your hips out;)
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think i might like Richard - how did that happen!

I know, I really like Richard too!!! In fact it's a bit frustrating not having anyone to properly b*tch about. I like all of them. :confused::o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where's monkseal when you need him;)

can I talk about shoes as well

why do the latin boys seem to be practising in flats:confused:
    get in your cuban heels boys, throws your hips out;)

:eek::o:eek:
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I think I may find myself voting for Richard on Saturday :eek:, that's something I never thought I'd say. I love him and Erin together, I think they'll be my favourite couple if they can survive this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am neutral to or like most of them. But I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry go first as her effort level is bordering on the negative of the scale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Victoria looked so graceful in that training clip. I hope she does her best.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone else notice how Richard and Erin were holding hands tonight? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »

No - well spotted! They seem to get on well with each other and have fun in training.
  • Options
    clairescavysclairescavys Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind Iveta as a full time pro - she seems really nice. Looking forward to seeing Johnny's first 'proper' dance (without the change in dance or partner). Really liking Erin and Richard, thought they came across well in their interview. Roll on Saturday night!
  • Options
    fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    I think someone who is in the know should post a list of rules on DS - after all these years i still dont know!:o

Here y'are mate - everything you could ever wish to know, concocted by my sort of namesake. :D
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1136692&highlight=
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My likes and dislikes are shifting! though one remains constant (call me what you like, and that's one reason I'm trying to stay in here, but my dislike of DVT is so profound, so deep-rooted that it will never change).

I'm disappointed in Jerry. I still believe, with AlliF, that some of her reluctance to exert herself is fear of looking stupid (again, like Victoria, it's a trait I share with Jerry) but she's taking the wages, she's enjoying the exposure, she owes us some physical effort and to take the odd risk.

I can't warm to Dani. I don't know why she seems so childlike despite being aged 23 - I've never seen any of her acting so it's not that. Her face is chubby, her neck is short, she looks like a teenager who's yet to lose the last of the puppyfat. She has the slightly truculent manner of the teenager too.

I think Iveta at the moment seems a lot ... nicer ... for want of a better word, than Karen. Don't know if it's just an act but Karen seems a bit hard, a bit harsh and not that good at motivating or teaching her celeb.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I really like It Takes Two but I do hate these ridiculous videos, the one with Colin was just embarrassingly awful. Why waste valuable time with nonsense. There is only half and hour each night and I want to see interviews and proper rehearsal videos etc not daft videos about the celebs which are just not funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Karen's personality is taking time for me to come through.

Need to see a bit more of her

I like Iveta, she seems to have struck up a good rapport with Johnny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boab34 wrote: »

yes I did. I thought it was too cute.

It's refreshing to me to see a celeb being so tactile, providing Erin doesnt mind it, and she's not coming across as minding.

Usually it takes weeks for celebs to be comfortable physically with each other, one of the joys of the programme seeing how they change towards each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like It Takes Two but I do hate these ridiculous videos, the one with Colin was just embarrassingly awful. Why waste valuable time with nonsense. There is only half and hour each night and I want to see interviews and proper rehearsal videos etc not daft videos about the celebs which are just not funny.

I prefer having the stupid videos on It Takes Two than using them as a preview to the dance on the main show. :o
This discussion has been closed.