"Line upgraded - free broadband" scam?

2»

Comments

• max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    I would bet you a guaranteed winning ticket for the Lottery that their mobiles were perfectly OK. It is possible that they wanted to use your phone to engage in a practice known as slamming

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8739/~/what-is-%27slamming%27%3F

Very very naughty if that is indeed what they were up to. And might explain their quick exit as they probably sussed you were not going to fall for that one.
    Earake wrote: »
    You'd best check around the house to make sure nothing is missing.

If they had claimed to be from anywhere else, I would have agreed with you both. But as it's TalkTalk, chances are overwhelmingly in favour of them genuinely being a lying bunch of shites who will say anything to try and get you to sign a contract. TalkTalk salespeople have been doing it for years (as the rest of this thread shows).
  • MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I get off the bus in town at the main bus station their is a stand where people sell talk talk with loads of scams to get folks attention. Once when passing the bloke said to me was I interest in free broadband.

I replied back very loud so the whole big place could hear me " Bloody talk talk the worse fecking think I ever signed up to what a shit firm " Loads of people around laughed and tittered. Oddly the talk talk sales folk never bother me any more, can't think why!