All time greatest players

13»

Comments

• Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One player who I think makes football look easy is Andrea Pirlo.

He's got no pace & can't dribble, yet he controls every game he plays & makes it look so easy.

He's been doing it for years too & at 35, still looks as effective as ever.

He does the simple things so effectively; It's as if he is playing in his own little bubble.

Absolutely. I think Pirlo is the best in the world.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say I agree with the above two comments on Pirlo.

Did he actually give the ball away at any point during the England game? apart from he sort of let Sterling get away which let to us getting the equaliser, but there was no way he was going to catch Sterling.

And the young ones around him having to lie down with cramp, he looked as fresh as when he started.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one will ever play football like Zidane again, most of you will have seen this video of him.

But watch and enjoy wonderful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mXGMcpA0g

I agree with this. I have not seen a better player in my lifetime.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Got to say I agree with the above two comments on Pirlo.

Did he actually give the ball away at any point during the England game? apart from he sort of let Sterling get away which let to us getting the equaliser, but there was no way he was going to catch Sterling.

And the young ones around him having to lie down with cramp, he looked as fresh as when he started.

I can only remember one misplaced pass & even then, it wasn't given away; he just overshot his pass to another team member.

I think if coaches are teaching interested youngsters how to become a footballers, they should show them videos of Pirlo.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One player who I think makes football look easy is Andrea Pirlo.

He's got no pace & can't dribble, yet he controls every game he plays & makes it look so easy.

He's been doing it for years too & at 35, still looks as effective as ever.

He does the simple things so effectively; It's as if he is playing in his own little bubble.
    I posted elsewhere that Gerrard should be taking notes from Pirlo. Exactly the sort of controlling role he should be playing now for England.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I posted elsewhere that Gerrard should be taking notes from Pirlo. Exactly the sort of controlling role he should be playing now for England.

You're absolutely right with that assertion.

Gerrard should be forced to watch a 'Best Of' Pirlo DVD in training.:D