Kick out Cheryl and hire Mariah Carey

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
Forum Member
I think Mariah would be more interesting and cause more drama where's Cheryl isn't and let's be fair hasn't got that big of a career outside xfactor

Comments

• Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mariah would be more interesting and cause more drama where's Cheryl isn't and let's be fair hasn't got that big of a career outside xfactor

After watching Mariah on American Idol I would much rather we had Cheryl
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't happen.

Mariah didn't like American Idol because it was more "reality show" than she expected and she wanted it to be more about the contestants etc, and not getting into public scraps with the judges. A huge part of X Factor is about arguing with your fellow judges/the competition aspect. It makes American Idol look tame.

For that reason alone she wouldn't do it, never mind the fact that she's one of the most successful artists of all time and I don't think coming to the UK sitting next to Louis Walsh for 6 months would appeal.

She could always mentor during the live shows if she fancied some UK promo like in 2008 though :)
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariah was useless on idol imo, huge respect for her credentials etc, but I didn't like her judging, so no thanks.

Plus I found her whole attitude to Nicki very off putting, Nicki may not have helped the situation but there is no doubt in my mind it was Mariah who went into this with ill feeling about Nicki from the start.

Plus she would never do it as Itv would never pay her enough, she was paid $18million for one season of Idol, judges on X Factor get around £1.5million.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine Mel ripping into one of Mariah's acts one week. The rest of the series will be destroyed because of the feud that follows.
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm saying this but Cheryl's critiques are better than Mariah's. Mariah never had much of anything to say (even though she would talk at great length), and was particularly bad at providing soundbites.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling Mariah won't be going within 50 miles of a singing competition ever again (not that any of them would want her after Idol).

I think Wendy Williams said it best (can't believe I just typed that!) - some singers are better off maintaining a certain mystique about themselves, rather than show their real personality to everyone on a tv show. Mariah is one of those people.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm saying this but Cheryl's critiques are better than Mariah's. Mariah never had much of anything to say (even though she would talk at great length), and was particularly bad at providing soundbites.

Her best bits are when she rips Nicki apart ("now back to the Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 song which you just performed, which is difficult to get, not everyone has it")
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meeeh, I prefer Mariah, but her stint on American Idol wasn't great - she just seemed to ramble on most of the time, using 100 words when 10 would have sufficed. She did seem to be interested in the singing aspect of the show though unlike someone else..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    You mean "Kick" Tweedy "Out and hire anyone with talent.