RHS Hampton Court Flower Show 2014

the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Time for this again already - just down the road from me so it's busy on the roads around here!

We'll see what the BBC coverage is like - let's hope it's better than its coverage of Chelsea. From looking at the RHS' website, the show gardens and summer gardens are far prettier and less pretentious than Chelsea's were this year - purple is popular again though. The gardens actually look like gardens rather than conceptualised spaces as at Chelsea. My favourites are The Flintknapper's Garden (show garden):

http://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/rhs-hampton-court-palace-flower-show/exhibitors/Hampton-gardens/the-flintknapper%E2%80%99s-garden-%E2%80%93-a-story-of-thetford

The NSPCC garden (summer garden):
http://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/rhs-hampton-court-palace-flower-show/exhibitors/Hampton-gardens/the-nspcc-legacy-garden

and The Forgotten Folly (summer garden), which looks like some random cute little garden from Devon or Cornwall:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/rhs-hampton-court-palace-flower-show/exhibitors/Hampton-gardens/the-forgotten-folly

:D

Comments

• ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    My mum went last year.

Thought it was over-crowded, over-rated and a bit tacky. Nothing compared to Chelsea.

Live just down the road too. Apparently the road's were chock-a-block yesterday and that was just a press day.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been to Chelsea but I didn't like its gardens this year - maybe it's a better experience when you're there; can't comment. The last time I went to the Hampton Court Show was about 20 years ago as well so I don't know about crowd issues etc but I far prefer the gardens themselves which is all I'm after really as a TV viewer.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would show more of the flowersin the marquee rather than just concentrating on the show gardens. Maybe they will in the final programme???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would stop bumping programmes I love just in favour for a crappy flower show just because its to do with the royals.

I couldnt agree more!
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldnt agree more!

Eh? But there has to be space for all sorts of programming in the schedules. Not all of us think this is a crappy flower show - I enjoy watching it. I also put up with plenty of stuff I dislike without complaining in the thread about the show in question.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Been loving this. Some beautiful flowers and like The Gluttony garden and it won Gold!
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the series and wish there were more proper gardening shows on tv.