Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Anyone out there?

Hope everyone is OK. augusta, enjoy your holiday.
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    we are doing out kitchen pale green on the units, with black on the worksurfaces and floor and probably white tiles. they might be white with a hint of something more interesting, but ....probably just plain white.!!

24 was brilliant wasn't it, full of current references like the unmanned drones and the kind of white widow figure. I haven't caught 100 yet, but maybe we can get it on catch up. it does sound interesting.

Does Kiefer Sutherland always sound so husky? I was wondering what he actually sounds like? And is he an American or Canadian like his father? I always get confused about nationality? At times it seems a flexible thing, not that it matters, but I always associate Donald Sutherland with American films and it was quite a surprise to find out recently that he is Canadian and still Canadian!

Its also confusing with so many British actors acting in American films, I had no idea Christian Bale was officially British or that Bill from True Blood was also English. The random bits of useless information that I retain is ridiculous. Just think if I used my brain for something positive!!! and meaningful!! :-D

Hi Augusta, kitchen sounds lovely. We used to have pale green walls with French pine units, we now have white country units (like tongue and groove) with black/brown mottled worktop and black handles. Walls are Natural Callico and tiles are browns and creams long mosaic style.

Kiefer Sutherland does have a husky voice, but I think it's more noticeable when he whispers - actually quite sexy I think :blush::D
    I think I read somewhere he was born in UK. I know what you mean about collecting useless bits of information, why can I remember stuff like that but struggle to remember my mobile number? :confused:

Currently working in bathroom, plumbers coming back in morning to fit new shower and taps and we don't have a single tile on the wall yet. :blush::o
    I am not going to panic, I am not going to panic, I am not going to panic. . . . Ok, I'm panicking.......It's going to be a long night I fear!!! :o:o

Off to put some tiles up.....wish me luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waving to nyannie and any other thread friends.:)

Meant to say big hello to Giddykipper as well, nice to see you again - hope you are well.

Now I must go and tile.......:o
  • Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Good Evening

you know that saying, no rest for the wicked,

i must have been............. awfully wicked :blush::D

had so many visitors over the last few days
    don,t think they really come to see me, but they have been visiting the pool :D

don,t blame them really ......... so hot still :D

hope all are well

going to read back now and check for myself xxxx :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    me again.....

seething because of Ryanair.....online booking procedure.......:-(

To start off with, when did it become obligatory to pay for a reserved seat on a plane? wouldn't it actually be simpler to charge a straight fee for a flight, instead of being sneaky and charging for both the ticket and to reserve a seat?

there is in theory an option for an unreserved free seat. but.....you can only get this if you book a few days before you go, so this would have meant trying to get an unreserved seat on a full plane for our return part, the day we actually go.... Which wouldn't really be the way I would want to organise things, as I like the tickets ready to go a few days in advance. :-(

And then I wanted to get an extra suitcase, which I though cost £40, again I think this is a ridiculous price, but I clicked for it...and ended up owing Ryanair an extra £100, I had no idea quite how they had reached such a high sum, but there wasn't an itemised bill, and there isn't an option to go back and see how the bill was worked out...so reluctantly I ended up paying. And then sent a complaint to Ryanair....which probably wont have any effect.

I do not like flying with Ryanair, they are not a good airline, the only reason I do ...is because of all the 'London' Airports, Stanstead is the only one in Essex that is anywhere near us, and they virtually have a monopoly on all flights from east Anglia because of this...:-(

The word Ryanair ........ always makes me, want to scream >:(

shocking company, we have used them a few times, mainly for short hops,
    never again..... now

they so over book the flights, you end up getting stuck, or bumped of >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Hi everyone (hoping that no one has noticed that this is not tomorrow as promised) :blush:;-)

Still very warm here, loungers arrived yesterday (earlier than expected yippee) so felt the need to check that they were in full working order :D. Very nice and comfy, although because I'm such a short a**e my feet don't touch the floor which makes the lying right back(zero gravity position) quite hard to achieve as you have to push to make it slide back. O/h says he'll make me some chock's for my feet :blush::o

We had a very heavy shower of gallstones that came from nowhere yesterday afternoon (I really must see if there's a way to turn off predictive text on this Kindle, that should read hailstones) rofl :p. How can you have hail in 26c temps??

O/h had car booked for MOT at 8.30 today and it still wasn't ready two hours later, he had to 'lose himself' for another 40 mins - not a happy bunny. Even unhappier when they told him a spring on suspension had gone again, second one in two years - these flipping pot holes are all back again! They said there's not a day goes by without a car failing with same problem - maybe we should send the bill to the council. >:(

No ....... please leave the predictive text on..........
    gallstone shower........lol........... that must be a sight to be seen :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    we are doing out kitchen pale green on the units, with black on the worksurfaces and floor and probably white tiles. they might be white with a hint of something more interesting, but ....probably just plain white.!!

24 was brilliant wasn't it, full of current references like the unmanned drones and the kind of white widow figure. I haven't caught 100 yet, but maybe we can get it on catch up. it does sound interesting.

Does Kiefer Sutherland always sound so husky? I was wondering what he actually sounds like? And is he an American or Canadian like his father? I always get confused about nationality? At times it seems a flexible thing, not that it matters, but I always associate Donald Sutherland with American films and it was quite a surprise to find out recently that he is Canadian and still Canadian!

Its also confusing with so many British actors acting in American films, I had no idea Christian Bale was officially British or that Bill from True Blood was also English. The random bits of useless information that I retain is ridiculous. Just think if I used my brain for something positive!!! and meaningful!! :-D[/QUOTE

Don't you worry about your brain augusta, you are doing just fine.

Hope georgy is OK. Haven't seen her around for a while.

Donald Sutherland is Canadian I think and Keifer is American I think.

Your kitchen sounds wonderful. Just got the invoice for the roof and I don't think we can afford to do anything for quite a while!

Just got back from London. So hot and sticky. Back to watching the Commonwealth Games. Have a lovely evening all.

all good nyannie

just been, none stop here
    but fun to, lots of visitors

pleased the gym is going so well for you

haven,t seen much of the commonwealth games, but have managed to catch the
    cricket on the radio, whir enjoying the sun :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Waving to nyannie and any other thread friends.:)

Meant to say big hello to Giddykipper as well, nice to see you again - hope you are well.

Now I must go and tile.......:o

waves back :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Hope augusta got off on her holidays OK.

Lena - hope you have finished the tiling. We got someone to do our tiles as we knew it would take us ages. Luckily we had really big tiles on the walls and we have a small floor so it didn't take him too long - white on walls, grey on floor. Need en suite bathroom done but after the roof, o/h's teeth, hedge man etc it will be a while.

I don't know how you do it georgy. I have to have at least a couple of days between visitors. One thing we do now is go out! We don't usually cook dinner - it is much easier (although more expensive) but worth it. Or we do barbecues - much easier.

Anyway, I am giving the kitchen a long overdue Spring Clean so best get going.

Have a good day.

Wonder if we will get any pics of John while he is here - he must be in the UK by now, don't you think?

Keep cool everyone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Hope augusta got off on her holidays OK.

Lena - hope you have finished the tiling. We got someone to do our tiles as we knew it would take us ages. Luckily we had really big tiles on the walls and we have a small floor so it didn't take him too long - white on walls, grey on floor. Need en suite bathroom done but after the roof, o/h's teeth, hedge man etc it will be a while.

I don't know how you do it georgy. I have to have at least a couple of days between visitors. One thing we do now is go out! We don't usually cook dinner - it is much easier (although more expensive) but worth it. Or we do barbecues - much easier.

Anyway, I am giving the kitchen a long overdue Spring Clean so best get going.

Have a good day.

Wonder if we will get any pics of John while he is here - he must be in the UK by now, don't you think?

Keep cool everyone

Morning Nyannie and all

i hope Augusta has a lovely time, and a good rest to :D

i must say i don,t cook much, so its not so much of a problem, we order in a lot,
    pizza being a good one, but i do make up a large salad, tapas
    so thats sort of easy, :D

lena i very impressed... tiling, i would,t know where to start, hope its gone well

now i think i shall have to follow in Nyannie footsteps and sort out the kitchen,

be back soon xxxx :D
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    morning all...im off on holiday tomorrow morning do just finishing off odd jobs here and there.

So when I come back will anyone have seen John? wouldn't it be amazing if he turned up on BBbots?

Georgy your pool sounds lovely, so are you having loads of pool parties with the kids and their friends.....bliss...in this heat. :-D

have a lovely week next week everyone and don't do too much

luv m xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Augusta

Have a wonderful holiday and hope we are still in business when you get back.

I have now thoroughly cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom - took 5 hours! Every jar, every shelf is clean - even the oven (yuch)!!!! I have thrown out jars with no labels, out of date spices - we had a jar of mace from 1999. Luckily not too many. Feel very virtuous now. Will go and tackle some ironing - incredible how cooler weather makes you feel so energetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    morning all...im off on holiday tomorrow morning do just finishing off odd jobs here and there.

So when I come back will anyone have seen John? wouldn't it be amazing if he turned up on BBbots?

Georgy your pool sounds lovely, so are you having loads of pool parties with the kids and their friends.....bliss...in this heat. :-D

have a lovely week next week everyone and don't do too much

luv m xx

It has been fun, and the good news ...... nots to many kids :D
    but i have let the house go to pot, thinking to hot ...... sod it :D

i have also become addicted to ice cold water melon, in its natural form ;-)
    (meaning no gin or vodka injected into it :D) shines halo good girl ..... me :blush:

have a wonderful holiday....... take care..... shall look forward to hearing all about it :D

xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Augusta

I have now thoroughly cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom - took 5 hours! Every jar, every shelf is clean - even the oven (yuch)!!!! I have thrown out jars with no labels, out of date spices - we had a jar of mace from 1999. Luckily not too many. Feel very virtuous now. Will go and tackle some ironing - incredible how cooler weather makes you feel so energetic.

wow Nyannie.......
    well done you, you really do put the rest of us ( well mainly me really) to shame :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It has been fun, and the good news ...... nots to many kids :D
    but i have let the house go to pot, thinking to hot ...... sod it :D

i have also become addicted to ice cold water melon, in its natural form ;-)
    (meaning no gin or vodka injected into it :D) shines halo good girl ..... me :blush:

have a wonderful holiday....... take care..... shall look forward to hearing all about it :D

xxxx

I love watermelon. I haven't seen it in the shops here except as part of a fruit salad. When I was little we used to get an enormous watermelon and have big wedges from it. Very cooling. I have used it in salads with rocket and feta cheese.

I too have let the house go to pot. I find it soul destroying - it looks nice and clean for exactly 2 minutes and then someone has to go and sit on a chair and read a paper!!!!!

Off to the gym shortly and then having my hair done. At the moment I look like a cross between the mad woman of Shiloh and one of the witches from the Scottish Play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, spent ages writing a long post yesterday, hit the 'submit reply' button and my Kindle crashed and it disappeared into the ether. >:(

Sorry I missed Augusta before she left on her holiday, hope they have a great time.

It's a sad town down here as a third of our well loved 144 year old pier went up in smoke on Wednesday afternoon. :cry: It looks such a sad sight but they're optimistic it could be back in full operation next year.

We saw the smoke from the bathroom window (where we were tiling) and o/h remarked on it, saying there's a big fire somewhere in town. Thankfully no one was hurt, my brother-in-law and his young son had been on there just half an hour before fire broke out and he said it was really busy.

Our big four day annual air show starts in a couple of weeks, usually a great place to view from - not this year sadly. :(

Latest update on the bathroom - plumber hit a snag today - a result of some shoddy plumbers previous work which meant he had to take basin off the wall. He's coming back Monday morning to put it back on and put on new tap, so we're having to resort to a washing up bowl on the garden bistro table - not in the garden obviously :D

On the plus side it now means we can tile all behind and underneath without having to cut round basin. Thank goodness we have a working bath,although I'm about to wash my hair in kitchen sink as I can't bend over the bath with my back lol. :blush:

Supermarket beckons, oh deep, deep joy. (insert rolling eyes smilies)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No ....... please leave the predictive text on..........
    gallstone shower........lol........... that must be a sight to be seen :D

:D:D:D
    Reminds me of my dear Dad, who had his gallstones removed - they gave them to him in a little jar. :o
    Would you believe they looked like rough old black pebbles from the beach, how on earth does the body produce those? :confused:
    He kept them for years, producing them for anyone who wanted to see them. :blush::blush::D

Your pool sounds lovely, quite fancy a dip. . . now where did I put my costume?? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Augusta

Our resident powerhouse cleaning again, you wouldn't like to come and do mine would you? :D

Time for a little pampering, hair style seems like a nice idea - although what I wouldn't give to see a picture of a cross between old woman of Shiloh and a witch from the Scottish play lol. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our resident powerhouse cleaning again, you wouldn't like to come and do mine would you? :D

Time for a little pampering, hair style seems like a nice idea - although what I wouldn't give to see a picture of a cross between old woman of Shiloh and a witch from the Scottish play lol. :D

Morning all

Lena, I got up at 6, stripped the bed and helped turn the mattress - hovered it, remade the bed, washed out refrigerator after it had been defrosted, deadheaded flowers in the garden and made some soup for lunch. Going to relax a bit and watch Sharpe and then the Commonwealth Games.

I will swap - I will do your housework if you do my ironing - and Christmas shopping - Fair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi all, spent ages writing a long post yesterday, hit the 'submit reply' button and my Kindle crashed and it disappeared into the ether. >:(

Sorry I missed Augusta before she left on her holiday, hope they have a great time.

It's a sad town down here as a third of our well loved 144 year old pier went up in smoke on Wednesday afternoon. :cry: It looks such a sad sight but they're optimistic it could be back in full operation next year.

We saw the smoke from the bathroom window (where we were tiling) and o/h remarked on it, saying there's a big fire somewhere in town. Thankfully no one was hurt, my brother-in-law and his young son had been on there just half an hour before fire broke out and he said it was really busy.

Our big four day annual air show starts in a couple of weeks, usually a great place to view from - not this year sadly. :(

Latest update on the bathroom - plumber hit a snag today - a result of some shoddy plumbers previous work which meant he had to take basin off the wall. He's coming back Monday morning to put it back on and put on new tap, so we're having to resort to a washing up bowl on the garden bistro table - not in the garden obviously :D

On the plus side it now means we can tile all behind and underneath without having to cut round basin. Thank goodness we have a working bath,although I'm about to wash my hair in kitchen sink as I can't bend over the bath with my back lol. :blush:

I am so sorry to learn of the pier being destroyed. I wonder if it was arson? I saw it on the news and was upset to see the result. I really hope it is rebuilt asap.

I do sympathize with you about the plumbing. Every time we get someone in to fix something in the house we learn that the builder didn't do this correctly or something is missing. Hope all is repaired very quickly.

Unlike you I love supermarket shopping - it is the only time I meet people.

Have decided to go a bit later for the gym. Men seem to hog most of the apparatus. Think I will go at 9 now instead of 7ish.

Must go - have to deal with O/H - he wants feeding - - - although he does most of the cooking I sometimes feel like his personal coffee maker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

It is like a ghost town on here.

Hope augusta is having a good holiday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning nyannie, good morning all, sun's still shining but a lot more cloud around and it's a lot cooler.
    If John doesn't hurry up he's gonna miss the good weather. :)

Maybe he's already here, I shall have a look on twitter. :D

Plumber's upstairs whistling in the bathroom (no that isn't some kind of euphemism lol):blush:

Been without a wash basin all weekend which is rather inconvenient, still looking forward to my first shower in a week :blush: I would like to point out that we do have a working bath just in case one was worried about getting too close. :D

Off to have a gander at twitter to see what I can find. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Such a shame about your pier, lets hope they restore it, quickly.
    I do so love walking along the worthing one, just looking out, and watching the fishermen

not so much, when i was a kid, i was always worried, i would fall down
    the cracks, i use to tip toe along :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Lena, I got up at 6, stripped the bed and helped turn the mattress - hovered it, remade the bed, washed out refrigerator after it had been defrosted, deadheaded flowers in the garden and made some soup for lunch. Going to relax a bit and watch Sharpe and then the Commonwealth Games.

I will swap - I will do your housework if you do my ironing - and Christmas shopping - Fair?

you do make me hang my head in shame, :blush:

but before you offer that deal to Lena, i'll swap, i'll do your ironing for the housework.

i can do the ironing in front of the cricket, i can stand there for ages :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning nyannie, good morning all, sun's still shining but a lot more cloud around and it's a lot cooler.
    If John doesn't hurry up he's gonna miss the good weather. :)

Maybe he's already here, I shall have a look on twitter. :D

Plumber's upstairs whistling in the bathroom (no that isn't some kind of euphemism lol):blush:

Been without a wash basin all weekend which is rather inconvenient, still looking forward to my first shower in a week :blush: I would like to point out that we do have a working bath just in case one was worried about getting too close. :D

Off to have a gander at twitter to see what I can find. ;-)

un-pinches nose.......... well that soooooo good to hear :D

morning all, hope all had a good weekend
    i went to mums it like having a holiday home to visit, i,m so pleased they moved :D